Kentucky Falls Trail

#3 of 29 trails in Siuslaw Falls County Park

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Kentucky Falls Trail is a 4.4 mile out and back trail located near Reedsport, Oregon that features two waterfalls and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Crystal Rummer (445)

15 Completed8 Reviews

Great hike even though it was raining, will be going back when it's sunny! Even with the rain the trail was good.

Ashley Campbell (295)

7 Completed4 Reviews

The entire drive to the trail we thought we were going the wrong way since it was all gravel road and poorly marked. The drive itself was spectacular though, so there isn't too much of a complaint. The location also helps keep crowding down. The hike itself is very nice, the switch backs made the area seem less steep than it actually was and I didn't need to stop at all to catch my breath. The falls themselves are wonderful, I had only been expecting one but you see a total of about 3 along the way. Great, great, great, will do again.

Jillian Z. (238)

Trail is beautiful, very well kept. Steep on the return. I would suggest the Reedsport route, we initially came from Eugene off of 126 and the gravel road to get there was a bit rough in places.

Liz Simpson (431)

12 Completed10 Reviews

It was an adventure getting to the trailhead, but once there....it was amazing!!

Jo Detraz (381)

2 Completed1 Reviews

There are 3 Falls on this 4.5 mile Out and Back trail. All the falls are beautiful. The overall elevation gain is 800 feet, so you definitely get a workout coming back to the parking lot. The only downside to this hike is getting to the trailhead. I came from Eugene and once you turn off Dunn Ridge Rd, you have to drive on an unpaved/gravel road for about 3.5 miles before you get on 919, which is paved.

Tom L. (113)

Robert Smith (522)

33 Completed4 Reviews

Great start to the New Year with this hike. Being new to the area it is exciting to go out and explore the different areas. Getting here is the bigger challenge than the hike for sure. Makes for an interesting day though. Trail was in great shape. No one was around when I arrived. Hiked to the falls and continued for another couple of miles just to check things out. Beautiful place to explore.

David Snyder (69)

2 Completed2 Reviews

My girlfriend and I currently live 500 miles apart. Myself in NorCal, she is in South Puget Sound. For the last few months we have been meeting in the middle in Florence. We found this trail on another website, decided to give it a try. The drive out to the trailhead takes a little bit of effort, but once you get started almost immediately you are rewarded with the beautiful Upper Kentucky falls. As you keep going you eventually come to the confluence of Kentucky Creek and Smith River, and boy what a sight. This is one of the more amazing waterfalls I have seen in the Northwest. The trail is not very difficult. A few switchbacks here and there but relatively gentle ups and downs.

Zac Stephens (151)

3 Completed3 Reviews

Probably my family's favorite. It's true, it is a bit of an adventure getting there, but one with great views and interesting drive if coming from 126 and heading south. The hike is long enough to be challenging for the kids, but not too steep (mostly) and the falls are some of the best to see in person. Also, less crowded than many other waterfall hikes close by. All around great!

Matt Roseman (127)

2 Completed1 Reviews

Great hike, went there again today to photograph the falls, thought I may have made the dice for nothing as there was a sign at the trailhead saying
That the trail was out after Kentucky falls. I didn't know if that meant the upper or lower falls. I didn't see any landslides or bridges out as far as I had gone (to lower Kentucky falls). This is a great hike if you ask me, the upper portion of trail is especially beautiful. The falls are great, especially when the smith falls and Kentucky falls are nearly side-by-side...the trail continue past the falls but you have to back track to the last switchback if you want to go on....

Support