Multnomah Falls Trail

#1 of 5 trails in Ainsworth State Park

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Multnomah Falls is a 2.4 mile out and back trail located near Cascade Locks, Oregon that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Nic Schwan (134)

3 Completed1 Reviews

Banana FoofFoo (86)

5 Completed1 Reviews

We did this trail in the 4th week of May, the summer tourists were only beginning. It was only mildly crowded up to the falls but once you go past and make the hike to the top the crowds thin out drastically. These switch backs are pretty steep and kicked my butt. I'm in average shape but my aerobic ability needs serious improvement. Gorgeous hike with quite the rewarding view from the top. From there we actually continued on up trail 441 to 420 to 419 doing the complete Wahkeena Falls loop. Favorite hike to date hands down. Water and waterfalls everywhere, lush greenery and very few people along the way. Flowers and mushrooms everywhere. Amazing! Def go before or after the summer tourist season if crowds aren't your thing.

Sissi CF (443)

17 Completed14 Reviews

Ashley Gorze (245)

19 Completed5 Reviews

I love this run, but I prefer to go earlier to avoid the crowds! Once you make it to the top the crowds do get lighter from there onto your next adventure. I like that you have two pretty good options to make it into a quick loop or to go all the way up to Larch Mountain.

JD Hughes (143)

Christine Dinsmore (189)

9 Completed9 Reviews

Beth Noonan (148)

4 Completed4 Reviews

Beautiful views, is a must do, we love trail #441 that leads upstream from the top.

David Robison (1606)

31 Completed21 Reviews

Christian Trevillyan (86)

8 Completed1 Reviews

Always pretty, sometimes a bit crowded.