Rainie Falls Trail

#1 of 78 trails in Siskiyou National Forest

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Rainie Falls Trail is a 3.6 mile out and back trail located near Grants Pass, Oregon that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for fishing, fly fishing, hiking & trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

S Lumbreras (356)

15 Completed14 Reviews

Martin Corder (346)

17 Completed3 Reviews

Moderate Hike with Great Scenery.

Jolene Lenahan (515)

21 Completed17 Reviews

Charles Baillargeon (124)

21 Completed1 Reviews

Definitely worth it. Even in the middle of winter this trial is awesome. It's very quiet, a decent length, and undeniably beautiful. The trail itself is literally dug out of the mountain an is pretty precarious so keep a close eye on kids.We took my dog and he had a blast both on the trail and in the river, and we didn't have to worry about him running into people because we were the only ones there. It would actually make a really cool mountain bike trail, unfortunately that's illegal but I'm sure if you really wanted to it'd be fine.

Jessi Martin (145)

3 Completed3 Reviews

This is a great moderate trail, and lunch at the "falls" is a great place to enjoy the scenery and Rogue River. I have gone twice, once in March, and once in April, and the earlier trip although more muddy and slick, was a much better hike with a ton of waterfalls, and no traffic other than us.

George McKee (19331)

88 Completed88 Reviews

The hike is steep at times and if you don't watch your step can fall quite a distance. A beautiful hike paralleling the river. I was a bit disappointed to find the "falls" we're actually a set of river rapids but spectacular none the less.

Charla Crawford (61)

1 Completed1 Reviews

What we saw of the trail was beautiful. Even though I read the reviews, I was not prepared for how narrow the trail was in spots, and how high. My 4 year old son freaked me out with his haphazardness, even while holding a hand. We will try again when he is a bit older and more aware of his surroundings. We did see other families with small children on the trail, so it is worth a try :)

Tanner Marval (240)

3 Completed1 Reviews

One of my favorites year-round. During wrestling season I run it every Sunday with my two dogs. The trail is narrow with 25'-50' drop offs. The trail sits on river left side so it is usually always shady. On average I usually see about 4 people walking the trail. You will see more individuals using the trail when the salmon begin their long journey up the rogue river to spawn - I see more people and salmon in late August and early September. It's fun to see the salmon jump the falls. In all of my times going there, I have never seen any snakes on the trail. I have seen one black bear on river right - we're only suppose to have blacks. You will see the occasional black-tailed deer. I often see a bald eagle in those areas during my rafting trips, but not while hiking. Lastly, there is a drop toilet at the falls. I can't say there will always be toilet paper there, so bring some if you'd like. The toilet is not closed off, you're only privacy is a 3/8 inch thick of plywood. Oh yes, please do not get extremely close to the falls as it is very dangerous. The rocks can be slippery if or if not wet.

Support