Ramona Falls Trail

#4 of 287 trails in Mt. Hood National Forest

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Ramona Falls Trail is a 6.8 mile loop trail located near Rhododendron, Oregon that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Whitney Luchau (188)

27 Completed8 Reviews

This is one of my favorite hikes! I would try and check the condition of the river and make sure there is a way over it before you go! The hike is so beautiful and peaceful, makes you appreciate where you live!

I went on the 4th of July and there were probably 25 cars. Bring lunch to enjoy when you get to the fall!

Whitney Luchau (188)

27 Completed8 Reviews

This is one of my favorite hikes! Go early in the morning to try and beat the crowds!

Thanh Cramer (528)

24 Completed14 Reviews

Getting up close and personal with the falls was worth the hike - crossing the river on fallen trees was fun. Our views of Mt Hood were cloudy unfortunately, but still an awesome hike with beautiful trees.

A C (142)

32 Completed4 Reviews

I thought most of the trail was good, but nothing spectacular. However, Ramona Falls and the view of Mt. Hood when crossing the Sandy River make it totally worth it. The bridge was washed out in August, but it was pretty easy to find thick, firm trees to cross the river on.

Tasha Schwiefert (58)

1 Completed1 Reviews

My husband and I did this trail today and we thoroughly enjoyed this entire trail. Lush, with lots of exploration and changing scenery. A great day hike!

James Sandlin (195)

11 Completed5 Reviews

Beautiful hike and really easy. It's gradual uphill on the way to the fall and gradual downhill back. Beautiful greenery and waterfall. Just get here early; as the day goes by it starts looking like Multnomah Falls with too many people.

Tammy Faelnar (36)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Alisa A. (260)

Beautiful hike! Loved it!

Paul Olson (1215)

18 Completed14 Reviews

Renae Harrison (1380)

33 Completed33 Reviews

This is an awesome trail but it registered as 7.5 miles for us. The bridge is not in yet so we did spend some time finding a good place to cross the river. The falls is totally worth it and we also had some nice epic views of Mt. Hood. No bugs yet. Still a little snow pack near the falls but very little. We only saw three other couples for the entire hike. The visitor center where you can buy the parking pass was closed but their bathrooms were open. There are no bathroom facilities at the trailhead.

Support