Roxy Ann Peak

#1 of 1 trails in Prescott Roxy Ann Park

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Roxy Ann Peak is a 3 mile out and back trail located in Medford, Oregon and is rated as moderate. It can be done as a loop if you take the small trail off to the right about 1/4 mile down from the top. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Possible snow in the winter.

Option 1: Take the north I-5 exit (exit 30) and head north towards Crater Lake National Park on Hwy 62. At the second signal (about 1 mile from I-5) turn right on Delta Waters Rd. Roxy Ann Peak is straight ahead at this point. Stay on Delta Waters until it ends (about 1.8 mile) at Foothill Rd and turn right. Go 1.3 miles to East McAndrews Road, go under the bridge and turn right on the clover leaf to go east on McAndrews.

Option 2: Take the south I-5 exit (exit 27) and head east on Barnett Rd. Stay on Barnett, pass the Rogue Valley Hospital, and at the signal at the intersection with Foothill Rd, turn left (about 2.0 miles from I-5). Go 2.0 miles to East McAndrews Road, turn left before the bridge onto the clover leaf that will take you east on McAndrews Road.

Once you are on East McAndrews Rd heading east towards Roxy Ann Peak, go 1.6 miles to where McAndrews ends and Hillcrest continues up the hill. Go another 1.0 miles and turn left on Roxy Ann Rd.

Parking on both sides of the gravel road, just past the first gate. This gate is closed and locked around dusk, so make sure to get back to your car in time. You can drive further up to park at the picnic area, but this is only recommend for those unable to hike. No camping allowed.

1 Completed 1 Reviews

The first 'trail' was very steep. It looked more like a road. The second trail, the Madrone trail, was close though. There is a lot of poison oak! The trails were clear of it though. We stopped at the road and turned back. We didn't know we had to follow the road to continue to the rest of the trail. I will try again another dy!

Jennifer Pratt

3 Completed 3 Reviews

Nice views over the area, great climb and fun seeing lizards crossing the tracks. Good route for training, but lots of heavy gravel trucks on road portion

6 Completed 5 Reviews

The views are amazing. The trails are very basic and short. I hike this more for the exercise. But appreciate the views overlooking the valley.

4 Completed 2 Reviews

My husband and I hiked this trail this morning for the first time and loved every minute of it. Couldn't believe how beautiful and amazing the views were!!! We will be hiking this again soon.

1 Completed 1 Reviews

Willow, my border collie lab and I had the most fantastic time! Purple fields of flowers, perfect weather and friendly people passing by on bikes and also hiking, along the way. This was my first time and I look forward to going back and experiencing different trails.

15 Completed 14 Reviews

Brad D.

5 Completed 2 Reviews

Right in my backyard

6 Completed 4 Reviews

This is a good local short hike for those of us who sometimes don't have a lot of time to budget but we just need to get out and get some fresh air and sunshine.

There is a gravel road that goes all the way to the top. its a steady climb of about 600 ft from the upper gate where most people park. there is also a groomed path that gives you a bit more of a technical climb. the trail distance to the top is about 1.4 miles by trail.

The Sullivan guide lists this one as not dog friendly, but everyone takes their dogs.
One other thing to consider is that the lower gate is closed at sundown. so if you arrive in the afternoon you will not have much time to enjoy the peak unless you park at the lower gate and walk in.

13 Completed 2 Reviews

A great hike, with various routes to the summit, so you can choose how difficult you want it to be. This is my go to hike when I need a quick hike with the dogs, or just want a quick to get to trail! Cougar sittings have been reported, and I have seen them up there my self.. As well as plenty of sign. So, beware, but don't let that stop you from enjoying the beautiful views of our valley!!

Support