Roxy Ann Peak

#1 of 1 trails in Prescott Roxy Ann Park
Roxy Ann Peak is a 3 mile out and back trail located in Medford, Oregon and is rated as moderate. It can be done as a loop if you take the small trail off to the right about 1/4 mile down from the top. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Possible snow in the winter.

3.0 miles Loop 573 feet
Dog Friendly
hiking trail running dogs leash forest views
Hide Map

Option 1: Take the north I-5 exit (exit 30) and head north towards Crater Lake National Park on Hwy 62. At the second signal (about 1 mile from I-5) turn right on Delta Waters Rd. Roxy Ann Peak is straight ahead at this point. Stay on Delta Waters until it ends (about 1.8 mile) at Foothill Rd and turn right. Go 1.3 miles to East McAndrews Road, go under the bridge and turn right on the clover leaf to go east on McAndrews.

Option 2: Take the south I-5 exit (exit 27) and head east on Barnett Rd. Stay on Barnett, pass the Rogue Valley Hospital, and at the signal at the intersection with Foothill Rd, turn left (about 2.0 miles from I-5). Go 2.0 miles to East McAndrews Road, turn left before the bridge onto the clover leaf that will take you east on McAndrews Road.

Once you are on East McAndrews Rd heading east towards Roxy Ann Peak, go 1.6 miles to where McAndrews ends and Hillcrest continues up the hill. Go another 1.0 miles and turn left on Roxy Ann Rd.

Kristina Phipps

7 Completed6 Reviews

haki lee

18 Completed8 Reviews

Cannot let the relatively short distance fool you; this trail kicks up right out of the gate. Of course my wife, also a seasoned hiker, opted for the steepest sections of the trail that appeared to be added for those who are up for the challenge. At 96 degrees and full on sun, this proved to be one to get the heart rate up. For those who choose the normal sections of this trail, it looks to be doable even for novices. The views at the top were decent, but were obscured by the surrounding trees slightly below. Upper and Lower Table Rock provided more panoramic views of the Valley, but still this was worth the time.

Jerry Boyd

2 Completed1 Reviews

Wow!!! That was a great hike, but I think we did it backwards lol... the last part of Roxy Ann was going up that dirt road now that was a challenge but we made it and we may do it again.

Phil C

2 Completed1 Reviews

It's a steep hike up the spur to the tower. Vehicles drive up, so it isn't too steep for walking. Bring water if you want to stay hydrated. Views are pretty awesome and you'll see some wildlife if you pay attention. I saw a couple does with fawns - and of course, lizards.

Alyson Morgan

3 Completed2 Reviews

Pretty steady incline, constantly steep. I took the black top route this time. Next time I will take the trail. It was my first time so I thought there was more than one trail head, there is not. So the one on the bottom is it, don't miss it!! The views are beautiful from top to bottom. there are two picnic pull out areas that are perfect views of the valley. Lot's of bicycles, and dog walkers on the black top. I thought this was more than moderate but less than demanding, for a beginner =D

Ryan Porter

6 Completed3 Reviews

Marcus Mosttler

1 Completed1 Reviews

Nice easy hike close to town and can take dogs

Adam Hazelton

1 Completed1 Reviews

Seth Fangue

18 Completed3 Reviews

Great hike for beginners. The main trail is a gravel road that circles the peak. A side road cuts off from the circle and steeply climbs up to the communications towers at the top. There are a few hiking/equestrian trails apart from the main road. A few are even marked. Great views of the Rogue Valley!

Chris Bogosh

7 Completed6 Reviews

I went up a trail on the back side. Nice view of Mt. McGoughlin. Sat under a tree and gazed out at the grassy meadow, I found this very relaxing.