Roxy Ann Peak

MODERATE
#1 of 1 trails in Prescott Roxy Ann Park
l>
Roxy Ann Peak is a 3.7 mile loop trail located near Medford, OR that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

dogs on leash hiking trail running forest views
Hide Map

Option 1: Take the north I-5 exit (exit 30) and head north towards Crater Lake National Park on Hwy 62. At the second signal (about 1 mile from I-5) turn right on Delta Waters Rd. Roxy Ann Peak is straight ahead at this point. Stay on Delta Waters until it ends (about 1.8 mile) at Foothill Rd and turn right. Go 1.3 miles to East McAndrews Road, go under the bridge and turn right on the clover leaf to go east on McAndrews.

Option 2: Take the south I-5 exit (exit 27) and head east on Barnett Rd. Stay on Barnett, pass the Rogue Valley Hospital, and at the signal at the intersection with Foothill Rd, turn left (about 2.0 miles from I-5). Go 2.0 miles to East McAndrews Road, turn left before the bridge onto the clover leaf that will take you east on McAndrews Road.

Once you are on East McAndrews Rd heading east towards Roxy Ann Peak, go 1.6 miles to where McAndrews ends and Hillcrest continues up the hill. Go another 1.0 miles and turn left on Roxy Ann Rd.

KK Honea

1 Completed0 Reviews

Amazing view!

Danielle Winkler

9 Completed9 Reviews

Roxy is my least favorite area to hike in the valley, but if I want to stay close to home and hit a trail with my dog this is where we go. It's convenient for families who live nearby. There isn't much of a view from the top, but it's a good workout.

Anna Knutson-Toedter

2 Completed1 Reviews

It was a little icy, but overall a great hike!

Kristina Phipps

13 Completed13 Reviews

haki lee

17 Completed8 Reviews

Cannot let the relatively short distance fool you; this trail kicks up right out of the gate. Of course my wife, also a seasoned hiker, opted for the steepest sections of the trail that appeared to be added for those who are up for the challenge. At 96 degrees and full on sun, this proved to be one to get the heart rate up. For those who choose the normal sections of this trail, it looks to be doable even for novices. The views at the top were decent, but were obscured by the surrounding trees slightly below. Upper and Lower Table Rock provided more panoramic views of the Valley, but still this was worth the time.

Jerry Boyd

2 Completed1 Reviews

Wow!!! That was a great hike, but I think we did it backwards lol... the last part of Roxy Ann was going up that dirt road now that was a challenge but we made it and we may do it again.

Phil C

2 Completed1 Reviews

It's a steep hike up the spur to the tower. Vehicles drive up, so it isn't too steep for walking. Bring water if you want to stay hydrated. Views are pretty awesome and you'll see some wildlife if you pay attention. I saw a couple does with fawns - and of course, lizards.

Alyson Morgan

3 Completed2 Reviews

Pretty steady incline, constantly steep. I took the black top route this time. Next time I will take the trail. It was my first time so I thought there was more than one trail head, there is not. So the one on the bottom is it, don't miss it!! The views are beautiful from top to bottom. there are two picnic pull out areas that are perfect views of the valley. Lot's of bicycles, and dog walkers on the black top. I thought this was more than moderate but less than demanding, for a beginner =D

Ryan Porter

6 Completed3 Reviews

Marcus Mosttler

1 Completed1 Reviews

Nice easy hike close to town and can take dogs