Trail of Ten Falls at Silver Falls State Park

#2 of 5 trails in Silver Falls State Park

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Always something to look at around the next bend, great places to go swimming, totally engulfed by wildlife.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Lora K (110)

4 Completed4 Reviews

Love this hike. Have been back several times.

Allan Misk (428)

6 Completed6 Reviews

Stunning walkabout. Well maintained, great state park area, obviously lots of beautiful falls!

David Baldini (246)

2 Completed2 Reviews

Amazing. Awesome falls, beautiful hike.

Vase Crisan (119)

3 Completed2 Reviews

An excellent trail that rewards you with ten waterfall views along the way. This is an amazing trail and is recommended for moderately experienced or moderately fit hikers.

Michael Stafford (448)

16 Completed18 Reviews

Absolutely an amazing trail and with so many different waterfalls to see, it is definitely worth hiking a couple of times.

Matt Vogt (604)

18 Completed5 Reviews

We did this hike on a beautiful Spring day, mostly sunny with highs in the high 60s. The trail is very well maintained and pretty easy. There are just a couple of "steepish" climbs in and out of the canyon. The waterfalls are very pretty and on the day we went they were roaring. All the rivers in the region are high and that made some of the falls spectacular. Overall I found the hike very enjoyable and the scenery was gorgeous. The only problem I really have with this hike is the crowds. There are just tons of people everywhere. I mostly hike in fairly remote, steep areas where I can go a half hour or more without seeing another soul. It was a bit annoying getting stuck behind a slow, noisy group at every turn. At the same time, I knew going in how popular and crowded it was going to be and went anyway because the scenery is worth it. I would do it again at another time of the year, maybe fall (colors) or winter (would be incredible in the snow).

Hillary Holiday (1487)

49 Completed27 Reviews

We love this hike and try to come a few times a year. It's a wonderful micro climate that encompasses near pristine habitat despite the crowds. We enjoy coming through the changing seasons as each season has it's perks. The spring boasts wild flowers and butterfly's, the summer has heat, the fall has wonderful color and variety, and the winter has all the lichen and mosses.

David N (458)

7 Completed7 Reviews

My daughter and I wanted to go hiking in the gorge, but due to the forecast for rain (yeah, shocker) we decided to try the Trial of Ten Falls in Silver Falls State Park. It was a little closer option to travel on a risky weather day. We are glad we did, we had a great time hiking a beautiful trail with access to a variety of 10 waterfalls. Plus we were blessed the showers held off during our ~3 hour hike around the 8.7 mile route. Parts of the trail were very muddy with standing water, but nothing unexpected. We started our hike hitting the Upper North Falls. A very impressive view. We then chose to hike the Canyon Trail, which is the lower route that travels closes to all the falls. For the most part I would rate the hike as "easy", except if you choose to take the Maple Ridge Trail. The MR Trail is probably "moderate" rated trail due to the straight up climb for about 0.75 of a mile. BTW you are not able to see the falls from this trail, but we were hoping for a quicker option to get to the South Falls Lounge. The traffic on the trails were minimal, probably due to the overcast and wet day. But I can imagine when the sun is out the trails would be very well used by hikers. Sometime in the future, when we want to do a last minute hike and the sun is shining, I would love to try this hike again.

Jen Watson (549)

35 Completed23 Reviews

I liked this hike. It is a pretty worn trail and definitely easy, but beautiful falls. Definitely better than Multanomah Falls. I went when it was pouring rain and not too crowded. Unfortunately, I saw the no dog sign and had to turn around and drop off the dog and come back to see 3 dogs on the hike.

Michelle Smith Musso (266)

7 Completed5 Reviews

Love this trail! Gorgeous waterfalls. Can be broken down into shorter hikes. Beautifully maintained.

Support