Trail of Ten Falls at Silver Falls State Park

#1 of 4 trails in Silver Falls State Park

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Always something to look at around the next bend, great places to go swimming, totally engulfed by wildlife.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Danika Diamond Haller (105)

2 Completed1 Reviews

Fun long day hike

Bekah Sudia (59)

4 Completed2 Reviews

Got there early to beat the crowds on a sunny Friday and the parking lots were pretty much still empty at 9am. We parked in Lot A (after the pay booth go right instead of left into the large lots) since the Rim Trail left from the far side of the lot (walk back across the road to get to it). The beginning stretch is a bit boring so we wanted to get it out of the way first. Otherwise a very nice hike, North Falls was our favorite of the entire park. Only annoying thing were the people who brought their dogs on the Canyon Trail even though it is marked No Dogs, they are only allowed on the Rim Trail. With all of our side trips, it ended up being a 10 mile hike.

Terry Matysak (914)

38 Completed17 Reviews

Most definitely a favorite...... Walked the trail on Sunday, 10th 2015 for the seventh time in 7 years!
The whole loop is well maintained and the waterfalls against the fresh green Spring growth is magical ..... A true fairyland!!
We measured the loop, and it was just under six miles. We did skip the last canyon trail as everyone was pretty tired. The only thing I recommend is get there early. We were the first car in the parking lot and had the place pretty much to our selves until about 10am. Then a whole flood of humans decended upon the park, and even though it was Mother's Day, it does fill up pretty quickly on weekends.
It is such an interesting geological wonder and never fails to amaze me. It is one of those magical places that should be on everyone's bucket list.

Bailey Tooze (203)

11 Completed9 Reviews

A fun, family day hike!

Raechelle Rouse (140)

5 Completed5 Reviews

I always love going here!!

Jennifer Carter (68)

3 Completed3 Reviews

One of my favorites. The only drawback is that dogs are not allowed. Although, that doesn't stop some people.

John Friend (290)

2 Completed1 Reviews

A wonderful, moderate trek through Oregon forest and falls area, which so much beauty to appreciate along the way.

Kurt M. (316)

Greatest spot in Oregon. Beautiful park, great trail, with many options of where to start and stop. So many waterfalls!

Beware, though, dogs aren't allowed on trail.

Gerard Bonfils (2640)

28 Completed24 Reviews

Went back to this trail in February after a first hike in September a few years back.
Quite naturally, the "stamina" of the waterfall is rather elevated after many weeks of good sustained rains; in particular, the volume of water at the "Winter Falls" was far more consequent that the slow trickle of my September visit.
As I do on many hikes, I got there first thing in the morning (first car in the South Falls parking lot!) and has a good 2 hours of enjoying many of the falls by myself.. a much more "intimate" connection than the "crowded theater" experience a mid-day visit will provide.
A most spectacular hike by any measure (unless you really cannot stand waterfalls :-) )

Damian Vazquez (74)