Tualatin Hills Nature Park Loop Trail

#1 of 1 trails in Tualatin Hills Nature Park
Tualatin Hills Nature Park Loop Trail is a 2.1 mile out-and-back trail located near Tigard, Oregon and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for bird watching and is accessible year-round. 1of 2 trails. The 3.1 mile gravel fire road trail loop is open May through Nov.

2.13 miles Loop 50 feet
Kid Friendly
birding nature trips walking kids wildlife
Hide Map

Wetland Wildlife Reserve near the Tualitin River. Best for watching birds. Open form Dawn till dusk, includes the visitor center.

Andria Terrell

1 Completed1 Reviews

Nice place for a walk. Not a lot of shade except along the river. Eagles were very active when I went but unless you have a telephoto lens on your camera they are going to look like dots on your pictures. Very friendly staff.

Kailyn Hall

1 Completed1 Reviews

I'm always on the hunt for fun places to take my kiddos out to explore. This place was perfect for that! And although not paved, I was able to easily maneuver the jogging stroller without any trouble. We will definitely go back here.

Jonathan Pape

7 Completed7 Reviews

I really like this park and there is a longer loop (about 4 miles) if you take the trail to the left of the main trail (look on the map). One of the only trails I have see deer out while running. Lots of different types of forests (no old growth). Right off the TriMax (Merlo road). I think the park is really well maintained and the paved trails are really accessible for people who do not hike. NO DOGS ALLOWED.

Bronek G

60 Completed27 Reviews

Easy hike. Very quiet, a lot to observe.

Bronek G

60 Completed27 Reviews

Tim Todd

1077 Completed141 Reviews

2 Completed2 Reviews

Found this park after work one day: it was lovely green tall grass pulling in so want sure where I was headed. Busy parking lot, there were kids all around likely on field trips. I parked and went to read the maps and notices. lots of kid friendly activities set up for the summer.
I did not take a paper map, and found the paths quite busy... most went clock wise; so, I went counter clockwise. lots of runners, a bicyclist, and many walkers exercising who crossed paths with me several times lol.
The forested park is lovely and refreshing, clear paths as I walked both asphalt and dirt. The asphslt is wheelchair able.

I got a bit lost going round, but most cross-sections had signage. Easy elevations for anyone.
I saunter, so worked to stay to one side for the runners, cyclists, and exercisers. The only ones slower than me were the little groups of kids. :)
I will gladly go back when less busy with kids functions to explore the other trails.

Richard Libby

2 Completed2 Reviews

Quick & easy walk. No dogs allowed, sorry. Also watch for poison oak all along the trail--stay on the path.

Caitlyn Ross

25 Completed10 Reviews

This is a nice little reserve just outside of the city. An easy stroll, the main trails are paved. We've taken our children + nieces and nephews and they've all enjoyed themselves as there is some wildlife here.

A good place to go running without the buzz of the city. Dogs are *not* allowed, this is enforced. Bummer!

Keri Sprenger

156 Completed61 Reviews

Great trail system right in town. We did the perimeter trail, which is about 4 miles. Lots of photography opportunities, and paired with the nearby Cooper Mountain trail, it makes for a nice seven mile stroll on a beautiful Saturday in July. The Ponderosa Pine Loop and Cougar trail are musts! Go early, as the parking lot was full when we were leaving.