Tualatin Hills Nature Park Loop Trail

#1 of 1 trails in Tualatin Hills Nature Park

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Tualatin Hills Nature Park Loop Trail is a 2.1 mile out-and-back trail located near Tigard, Oregon and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for bird watching and is accessible year-round. 1of 2 trails. The 3.1 mile gravel fire road trail loop is open May through Nov.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

B C (169)

2 Completed2 Reviews

Found this park after work one day: it was lovely green tall grass pulling in so want sure where I was headed. Busy parking lot, there were kids all around likely on field trips. I parked and went to read the maps and notices. lots of kid friendly activities set up for the summer.
I did not take a paper map, and found the paths quite busy... most went clock wise; so, I went counter clockwise. lots of runners, a bicyclist, and many walkers exercising who crossed paths with me several times lol.
The forested park is lovely and refreshing, clear paths as I walked both asphalt and dirt. The asphslt is wheelchair able.

I got a bit lost going round, but most cross-sections had signage. Easy elevations for anyone.
I saunter, so worked to stay to one side for the runners, cyclists, and exercisers. The only ones slower than me were the little groups of kids. :)
I will gladly go back when less busy with kids functions to explore the other trails.

Richard Libby (90)

2 Completed2 Reviews

Quick & easy walk. No dogs allowed, sorry. Also watch for poison oak all along the trail--stay on the path.

Caitlyn Ross (259)

17 Completed8 Reviews

This is a nice little reserve just outside of the city. An easy stroll, the main trails are paved. We've taken our children + nieces and nephews and they've all enjoyed themselves as there is some wildlife here.

A good place to go running without the buzz of the city. Dogs are *not* allowed, this is enforced. Bummer!

Tracy-Keri Sprenger (4321)

109 Completed45 Reviews

Great trail system right in town. We did the perimeter trail, which is about 4 miles. Lots of photography opportunities, and paired with the nearby Cooper Mountain trail, it makes for a nice seven mile stroll on a beautiful Saturday in July. The Ponderosa Pine Loop and Cougar trail are musts! Go early, as the parking lot was full when we were leaving.

Michael Mitchell (164)

1 Completed1 Reviews

This is a wonderful place for a stroll.

The major paths are paved. They are connected by a well-maintained trail.

There are bathroom facilities at the main entrance. There is also an exhibit area and small shop.

Everything is excellently maintained.

Katie Raue (552)

14 Completed6 Reviews

Nice local park for walking/running. Fun and easy for young children. lots of small wildlife (and if your lucky a deer or two). lots of trail runners and the occasional bike. Nice place for a fast lunch hour visit.

Don Sealy (91)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Good walking trails. Can get a bit busy in the warmer months. Wet months can leave the unpaved trails pretty muddy, as they are still walked frequently. Still, can't ask for much more in an urban environment.

Bone Lundy (47)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Nice trails, my wife and I go there often to enjoy the peace and quiet that it offers. I often take my elderly mother there, it's an easy walk.

Donald Cleland (97)

1 Completed1 Reviews

I sure this is a great place to walk, but they don't allow dogs and I don't hike without my dogs.

Joanne B. (497)