Tualatin Hills Nature Park Loop Trail

EASY
#1 of 1 trails in Tualatin Hills Nature Park
Tualatin Hills Nature Park Loop Trail is a 2.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Beaverton, OR that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

kid friendly birding hiking nature trips road biking trail running walking wildlife
Hide Map

Wetland Wildlife Reserve near the Tualitin River. Best for watching birds. Open form Dawn till dusk, includes the visitor center.

Matt Tolbert

5 Completed5 Reviews

Josh LaFevre

1 Completed1 Reviews

This is more of a nice forest park stroll. It's close to my home and it's nice to run or walk and enjoy nature. Well maintained beautiful woods.

Brian Malley

2 Completed2 Reviews

Trails were well maintained...animals hiding everywhere...great for sunsets with a view of mt hood...free parking

Crystal G.

Paved and natural trail options, you can definitely go more than 2 mi if you add side trails to the main loop.

Raquel Onsurez

1 Completed1 Reviews

Nice easy hike, perfect for kids on bikes or strollers.

Kim Wood

2 Completed3 Reviews

Great easy hiking

Kelly Bonanno

nice place to hike. all I saw was 3 snakes no wild life. easy hike

Kim Wood

2 Completed3 Reviews

Love this place, close to home escape! Easy hiking.

Beth P.

1 Completed1 Reviews

Easy trail, partially paved. Perfect for a hike with small kiddos, easy parking and bathrooms.

Cody Kittle

33 Completed26 Reviews

Just moved to near one of this parks entrances. I can tell that I'll be here a lot!

Sara Hook

1 Completed1 Reviews

Lovely easy trail, not crowded on a Sunday afternoon surprisingly. Wish dogs were allowed

Single A.

It was an easy walk which I posted on my blog http://wp.me/p70WJj-kz

Rachelle Goddin

27 Completed17 Reviews

It's alright, I like that the scenery changes so you get wetlands, big trees, etc in a small area. After hiking a lot of Oregon's forests this was probably the least pretty but the location is a convenient get away.

Andria Terrell

1 Completed1 Reviews

Nice place for a walk. Not a lot of shade except along the river. Eagles were very active when I went but unless you have a telephoto lens on your camera they are going to look like dots on your pictures. Very friendly staff.

Kailyn Hall

1 Completed1 Reviews

I'm always on the hunt for fun places to take my kiddos out to explore. This place was perfect for that! And although not paved, I was able to easily maneuver the jogging stroller without any trouble. We will definitely go back here.

Jonathan Pape

12 Completed8 Reviews

I really like this park and there is a longer loop (about 4 miles) if you take the trail to the left of the main trail (look on the map). One of the only trails I have see deer out while running. Lots of different types of forests (no old growth). Right off the TriMax (Merlo road). I think the park is really well maintained and the paved trails are really accessible for people who do not hike. NO DOGS ALLOWED.

Bronek G

82 Completed34 Reviews

Easy hike. Very quiet, a lot to observe.

Bronek G

82 Completed34 Reviews

Tim Todd

1353 Completed141 Reviews

B C

3 Completed2 Reviews

Found this park after work one day: it was lovely green tall grass pulling in so want sure where I was headed. Busy parking lot, there were kids all around likely on field trips. I parked and went to read the maps and notices. lots of kid friendly activities set up for the summer.
I did not take a paper map, and found the paths quite busy... most went clock wise; so, I went counter clockwise. lots of runners, a bicyclist, and many walkers exercising who crossed paths with me several times lol.
The forested park is lovely and refreshing, clear paths as I walked both asphalt and dirt. The asphslt is wheelchair able.

I got a bit lost going round, but most cross-sections had signage. Easy elevations for anyone.
I saunter, so worked to stay to one side for the runners, cyclists, and exercisers. The only ones slower than me were the little groups of kids. :)
I will gladly go back when less busy with kids functions to explore the other trails.