Wild Cherry - Alder Loop

#2 of 5 trails in Macleay City Park
Wild Cherry - Alder Loop is a 4.9 mile loop trail located near Portland, Oregon and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

6.31 miles Loop 450 feet
Hide Map

Erin Lãtta

30 Completed29 Reviews

Not a bad little hike but it is not one of my favorites. I think it is just because I like hikes that are in more rural areas so maybe that's the reason why I gave this a lower rating.

Jesse Faver

6 Completed5 Reviews

Simple trail in the Forest Park part of Portland. Love walking through the trees and ferns you'll forget there's a bustling city below you. No views of the city unless you continue to another trail.

Alex Aguilar

20 Completed14 Reviews

nice, easy to moderate hike that is easy to get to during the week. Will hike again!

Chris Robison

7 Completed1 Reviews

Quick and easy little 5 miler, easy steady up for the first half quick down for the back half. Lots of traffic (runners and bikers) at the start and end, but relatively low traffic for a nice Saturday in the middle. I'd do it again if I needed to get an easy hike in.

Matt Kinney

63 Completed42 Reviews

Nice different varieties of cherry, go either in March when they are flowering, or go in summer when the cherries are ripe. Trail winds in and out of the forest. Nice inner city hike.

Gina Beltran

1 Completed2 Reviews

Got a little lost but was okay.