Allegheny Gorge

Allegheny Gorge is a 8 mile loop trail located near Polk, Pennsylvania and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

8.0 miles Loop 1214 feet
Hide Map

Josh Harter

Nice creek great overlook

Brianne Howard

1 Completed1 Reviews

Beautiful! The trails are clearly marked, and even when we detoured from our paths, it was totally worth it. Killer views and soul hugs.

John Maydak

15 Completed11 Reviews

No maps available at trail head, keep in mind this is part of the game lands so wear orange in hunting season. The trail itself was pretty wide and well maintained, awesome vista with views of the river and the old iron furnace was interesting. Pretty moderate hike with, coming up from the furnace was steep as was the return trip on kenmerdell trail. There are deer fences in a few sections, it's perfectly fine to enter them.

Dale B.

Nice trail. Follow the road till it dead ends and you will find the parking lot. As you pull into the parking lot use the first road to the right to start the trail. Follow that road till you see the trail signs then follow the yellow trail markers. Could use a few more markers. A little rugged at times but a nice day trip

Dale B.

I would say it's an awesome day trail. Could use a few more yellow markers in a few spots. Other than that an awesome view and some rugged terrain

Valene Davis

2 Completed2 Reviews

went from parkinglot, to furnace, to the plateau, overlook and over suspension bridges. very pretty trail. can't wait to do again.

Wes Rowden

19 Completed17 Reviews

Great day hike. Took about 3 hours with a side trip to the furnace where we stopped for a half hour for lunch. My GPS said it was more like 6 miles with the side trip to the furnace. Could use more signage. There are 3 trails at the parking lot. Luckily we picked the correct one. First one you come to. At your right at the end of Dewoody road.

Mike T.

Excellent hiking experience. It was my first visit. The entire loop took me 3 hours, 40 minutes to complete, including a 10-minute stop at the Dennison overlook. The trail is well-marked with yellow blazes. It is indeed steep on the back half, but very passable. The bridges are in good shape. I didn't see a single person all day. Very serene.

Joanie Anderson

0 Completed1 Reviews

I love this area for hiking. So much wildlife is there to see. If you need help with your hiking fitness, please contact me.

Jesse Justice

1 Completed1 Reviews

nice day hike. mostly improved trails on the summit gets a bit rugged on elevation changes. Alot of the red blazes are gone and has been re-blazed in yellow. Some of the sign posts listed in the trail guide are missing. Would consider this hike moderate difficulty but not bad if your your in decent physical condition, but probably not for first time hikers. I would do this hike again and plan to in different seasons.