Chuck Keiper Trail, East Loop

HARD
#1 of 2 trails in sproul state forest
l>
Chuck Keiper Trail, East Loop is a 6 mile loop trail located near Beech Creek, PA and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from March until November.

Hide Map

joel ryan

1 Completed1 Reviews

Took my two sons for their first time. Tough climbs, great campsites, sufficient water supply, all around good trail. Great experience. Will be back, again and again.

jonathan barrett

13 Completed14 Reviews

I've completed this trail three times. Two of them with snow (3-10 inches) and one in the spring. Every time we hiked it we went counter-clockwise. The last time was in the spring of 2011 and the trail was in dire need of maintenance. There were multiple places with severe blow down. We camp our first night at Cranberry Run. It is a great campsite under pine trees and next to a stream. The second night we spent it at the dry campsite after Pete's Run road. This is a very strenuous hike. Be sure to check out the small water fall in the last hollow after you cross 144.

Peter Horstman

1 Completed1 Reviews

Good trail. Lots and lots off rocks. nice camp stops

Mark Clapps

7 Completed11 Reviews

nice hike, completed almost both loops. 4 nites. Rocks on top of rocks. Saw my first fox. Cranberry swamp was cool. the colors in the fall were amazing.