Glen Onoko Run Trail

#1 of 2 trails in Lehigh Gorge State Park

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Glen Onoko Run Trail is a 2.1 mile loop trail located near Lehigh Twp, Pennsylvania that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking & walking and is accessible from March until November.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Mary Reilly (67)

2 Completed2 Reviews

Amazing trail! Took my six and seven year old and we did great. It was a little difficult at some points but it was well worth it! TIP: do not wear flip flops! There were so many people who had to stop because they didn't have the correct shoes on.

Dustyn Thompson (196)

3 Completed2 Reviews

It was sweet, we started going left and weew it was all up hill till the falls, relentless lol if you start going right to the falls there comes a split where you can cross the river I don't know what's left but going right it a straight up rock climb which we went down since we started backwards. Allot of fun though. If you do the whole gorge trail is 2.5 just the falls and back is much shorter

Sara Carmen (37)

1 Completed1 Reviews

I would suggest to future hikers to take the harder trail up and descend on the easier side. The ascent has many slippery ledges, either from water or from loose sand, that lead to cliff drops, and a ton of boulders to clamber over. To an amateur, like myself, it was a little terrifying. My kids (3&7) were amazing troopers but the several breaks we took, and the many opportunities to get drenched, helped. The lower falls had a great pool to play in that the kids loved. Several of the higher falls had ledges to sneak behind the water and get a great photo opp. I would suggest clothes that dry easy and possibly bringing water shoes in a pack. There is a ton of broken glass along the trails. We took it easy and it took all of us about 5.5 hrs. Without kids it is a quicker trip, obviously. One major issue that I had was the confusion of where the 'easy' down trail was. Thankfully after a few minutes we found it. I hope this review helps future hikers.

Karen R. (47)

This was a beautiful, yet challenging, hike up the falls. At one point I did lose track of the blazes, and backtracked down the falls until I ran into a very nice couple that showed me the rest of the way up the falls. At the top they also showed me the easier way down. I really can't wait to go back! Make sure you wear boots with ankle protection, take your time, and be careful where you step.

Jonathan Dickison (83)

2 Completed2 Reviews

Jenilee R. (92)

J Loughin (68)

Tom Rooney (37)

Courtney Holloway (122)

7 Completed4 Reviews

Absolutely LOVE this trail. Beautiful no matter where you look. Just when you think you saw an amazing waterfalls, another comes up. Looking forward to going back.

Steve Ryan (199)

5 Completed5 Reviews

Wait, there's an easy path? If you can find it, take it! I'm all about a challenging hike, but when everything's wet and people are slipping left and right, you start to question if a waterfall is really worth it. My wife and kids (7 and 4) didn't even attempt it, based on warnings from people coming down who, it turned out, were not exaggerating. After reading these other reviews, now I want to go back and find the easier one, maybe on a less-crowded day, because it really is a beautiful area and waterfall.

Support