Glen Onoko Run Trail

HARD
#1 of 2 trails in Lehigh Gorge State Park
Glen Onoko Run Trail is a 4.1 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Weatherly, PA that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until November.

birding hiking mountain biking rock climbing trail running walking cave forest river views waterfall wild flowers wildlife rocky
Hide Map

Amy Bard

3 Completed1 Reviews

Adam Kraut

7 Completed1 Reviews

Hiked this for the first time today. The trail is poorly marked. That said, my recommendation is to go to the right instead of towards the river after you reach the second sign. You're going to go uphill about 3/4 of a mile with ~800 ft elevation gain but it made the rest enjoyable for me. After traversing the top of the mountain you hit the first set of falls and then it is all downhill from there.

Found a nice rock to sit on, made a cup of coffee and just watched the water flow for a bit.

Worth the trip from my area and I'd do it again.

Make sure you wear proper footwear. I saw a lot of people who weren't. The rocks and trees are slippery when wet and the hills are rather steep.

Lucas Pambianco

2 Completed1 Reviews

Fantastic hike. I definitely recommend going up the falls and looping around. Also I did it with my friend and 2 dogs, I would leave the dogs at home next time. I can't wait to go back and bike the railroad trail.

Loring S.

Recent rains have made for some great falls. The rocks can be slippery. Check out our full review.

Eliza Anne

2 Completed2 Reviews

Brought my dog this time. The hike itself is beautiful and a bit difficult. The next time I come out here from NJ; the dog will be staying home. Definitely wear some boots with ankle support and find a good walking stick. Please stay away from the ledges of the cliffs, because everything is wet from the falls.

Makayla Snyder

P Carlos Keen von Wuthenau

1 Completed1 Reviews

Was great. 10mikes. Started on the right side then went on the other loop and came down the waterfalls. With stops for lunch and others 6hrs.

Sarah Kolata

1 Completed1 Reviews

Great trail, pretty rigorous along the falls trail but worth it.

Tim Brosnan

2 Completed2 Reviews

Great views and a good workout. Wear good shoes, you could really tale a bad fall (no pun intended).

Tom R

19 Completed17 Reviews

Fun trail. Went to the right first and ended by the falls.

James Harris

5 Completed5 Reviews

This was a funny fun trail, but was shorter than expected. I took the orange blaze path up the falls, and then the orange/purple blaze back, and it was less than 2 miles. I was a bit worried about finding the trail from the other reviews, but it wasn't difficult. From the parking lot, you go down the stairs, and make a right at the first warning sign. This takes you under the bridge, and once you are on the other side of it look up the hill to the right. You will see another warning sign. Make your way up to it. From this sign, if you go to the left, it takes you on the path that follows the falls. If you go to the right, it takes you to the more gentle switchback path to the top, but you don't see any of the falls.

Good shoes are a must. I also wouldn't recommend taking a dog, but I see lots of people have. The path up the falls is not that well marked, but as long as you are on the right side of the falls, in visible range of the water, and heading up, you can't really get lost. The switchback path back down is much better marked.

glen applegate

6 Completed5 Reviews

glen applegate

6 Completed5 Reviews

nice climb steep use good gripping shoes, waterfall all the way up.

Emily Horvath

3 Completed3 Reviews

awesome awesome awesome. I loved it. Will be back again. I did this in sneakers, but it can be slick/muddy in parts. Orange trail is well blazed. My dog had no problem tagging along. Even if the falls trail seems steep upon first approach, it's recommended to go up the falls then loop down the mountain, instead of up the mountain and down the falls. Better views, less chancing of slipping!

Anastasiya Myrovych

1 Completed1 Reviews

Excellent trail! Quite challenging at times and rocks can be slippery. The falls along the way are beautiful. Unfortunately a lot of the rocks on the way up have been defaced with graffiti and spray paint but if you can get past that then the rest is truly beautiful.

Scott A

Paul McIntyre

5 Completed1 Reviews

This was truly an awesome trail. Great vertical with very challenging terrain. Really need to bring your "A" game for this one. So Fun!!!! Enjoy

Anita Marie Conway

1 Completed1 Reviews

I don't know why Alltrails has it listed as Moderate, but describes it as difficult. It is not a moderate trail. It is pretty awesome! Lots of scrambling, reports of a bear growling near the summit, we went anyway and saw/heard nothing. The falls along the way are beautiful and make the scrambles worth it.
Note: there are signs warning you about how difficult the trail is and to only attempt it if you are wearing hiking boots. Please heed their warning. The rocks can be very slippery so hiking boots are the way to go.

Danielle Drosnock

9 Completed9 Reviews

Amazing hike! The waterfalls are fantastic in the summer! Whether you go up the waterfalls or through the jungle like terrain, this trail doesn't get old! This trail can get crowded, sad to see more graffiti each time I come.

Garrett Jones

2 Completed2 Reviews

this is my second time hiking here, very treacherous and fun. I see ALOT of people wearing sneakers and signs warn otherwise if your not wearing appropriate attire and shoes then turn back now.
DANGER WARNING thats all the signs i see around