Glen Onoko Run Trail

#1 of 2 trails in Lehigh Gorge State Park

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Glen Onoko Run Trail is a 2.1 mile loop trail located near Lehigh Twp, Pennsylvania that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking & walking and is accessible from March until November.

Person_placeholder

1 Completed 1 Reviews

Pay close attention to the signs. Not a difficult trail to the top if you want to see the falls, but pay attention on the way down.
Try the trail that does not follow the water on the way down. very steep and dangerous.

1 Completed 1 Reviews

As a previous review mentioned, if you climb all the way to the top you'll come back down on an easier switchback trail. So glad I noticed his comment before we left; I would *not* have enjoyed trying to descend along the falls (but the climb was fantastic).

1 Completed 1 Reviews

Awesome hike! Very dangerous but not extremely difficult. Take the warning signs seriously. Pay attention to all your steps and you will be fine. Beautiful waterfalls make it worth the hazards. You may even see a snake or two basking on the water rocks. After your rewarding hike, grab a relaxing lunch in Jim Thorpe!

3 Completed 2 Reviews

I'm just beginning to hike and this was an awesome trail to start on. Tons of waterfalls and lots of steep climbs. I saw many children, dogs, and even a pregnant woman, but I personally thought it was challenging and dangerous, especially when things got muddy. I would definitely go back in a heartbeat. So much fun!

Person_placeholder

2 Completed 1 Reviews

Saw many dog with their owners and even a few children on this hike. It was challenging but invigorating. The sights were breath taking. Don't get to involved in the climb that you miss the view on the way up.

8 Completed 8 Reviews

The trail around the falls was a little more challenging than we expected, but if you respect the trail and the potential for water and mud, it's really not too hard. The views are fantastic and it's very easy in most cases to make your way into the water safely for photos. We seemed to be the only ones who followed the trail up and over to the switchback downhill. It was well maintained, a little challenging - I'm glad we were going down, not up, I will say that. The switchback was longer, but didn't involve scrambling back down the path we came up. A really great, enjoyable, day hike. Even with photos and enjoying the view, as well as waiting and allowing other (younger) hikers to pass us, it still wasn't much over 2 hours to complete.

3 Completed 1 Reviews

This was the best hike I've had to date. I didn't get any idea about it's beauty from any available resources until I got there. Moderate challenging but gets better and better as you keep climbing. And don't get discouraged just by looking the geography, get up to the top, it's really worth.

2 Completed 1 Reviews

Went on this trail on the Saturday before Memorial Day. My favorite trail to date. When you get to the fork in the beginning, go to the left towards the waterfalls. The trail is a giant loop and will take you back down on the right side of the fork. It's much better to hike up the waterfalls than to come down them. The right side of the loop where you'll come down doesn't have any waterfalls and it's easy to hop/run down quickly. We stopped to take pictures a few times and finished in about an hour and 20 minutes. Overall a nice level of difficulty and highly recommended!

Icon_

2 Completed 2 Reviews

Best hike I have been on to date. I have hiked the Appalachian trails in Georgia too. The hike was up a step and fun trail that was right next to the waterfall the whole time. There were 4 main waterfalls and we took pics at everyone. The hike was a bit crowded but well worth a trip there!! Can't wait to go back!!

3 Completed 3 Reviews

This is by far my favorite hike and waterfall that I've seen so far. I've been to a few in CT. This is my first in PA. What a difference!! There were about 4 different waterfall drops that were each beautiful. The hike to the top was a little challenging which I absolutely love. Its not as commercialized as the other waterfalls I've been on. Just perfect. All ready planning my trip back!!!

Support