Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Kelly's Run Natural Area is a 4.0 mile loop trail near the Susquehanna River in Holtwood, PA. The trail is rocky and steep in some places but it is a beautiful hike with views of small but picturesque waterfalls.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Megan Christine (137)

3 Completed1 Reviews

Got to the park early in the morning and started by the baseball field, behind the bathrooms. Took my dog and by the end we both had had a great workout! Loved being by the water and rocks, fire road section was rough for us, but walking across the field was a great end to it! Will be back to venture around more!

Scott B (37)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Nice trail except for the fire road section (paved). Along the creek was nice with some small water falls and what could be a few spots to take a dip if you would like.

I did the loop counter clockwise. I think clockwise would be better. Wouldn't call the trail easy. It has some tricky spots.

Found some offshoot trails but mostly they were overgrown. Definitely going back to explore more of the area

Megan McAuliffe (41)

1 Completed1 Reviews

A well marked trail and a nice workout.

Robert Martin (1421)

27 Completed1 Reviews

No problem finding the trailhead, nice hike, down by the creek was picturesque, and the pinnacle was a great view. Don’t what the big deal is about which direction you go, you are out hiking who cares of its easy one way or the other? If you are that worried you can practically drive to the pinnacle.

Ashley Centini (746)

8 Completed3 Reviews

This was a really nice hike. It wasn't too crowded. I am really disappointed that I had no service here and couldn't track my trail. Maybe next time.

Joe Devine (688)

4 Completed2 Reviews

Finding the start to this trail was a bit confusing. I had read a review that talked about doing the trail clockwise vs. counter clockwise. I found the entrance to the trail clearly marked with a standing pole, but after 100 yards or so I realized I was going in the opposite direction of the recommendation. Why would it matter? Well, it is all about whether you want to hike up the creek bed or down it. I always prefer up. That is when you will want to go the slowest anyway. It makes the trek a bit "easier." Plus, going clockwise also allows you to hike in mostly down hill. Coming out in that direction does have you going up and over a ridge line, but I am glad I turned around. So, where did I find the other entrance? Across the park from the standing pole. When facing the pole, head left, toward the bathrooms, toward the large pavilion, toward a baseball field. There is a service road there. Take the road. It isn't marked, but you can follow it. Eventually you arrive at a large field and the trail is marked on poles through the field. Great hike!

Kristyn Zaenglein (47)

2 Completed2 Reviews

We did the trail counter-clockwise. I wouldn't ever do it in this direction again. The long, steep uphill in the sun at the end on a fire road was a downer after the awesome beginning. The area is beautiful and we had a great time....until the end.

Amy Jessop (912)

37 Completed37 Reviews

Views of the river along the loop were lovely. Rather easy trail, but we hiked this loop in a light rain, which made the rock ledges slippery, so perhaps best to try it in dry conditions. Flock of turkey buzzards seen fishing near river.

Kip Trout (62)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Awesome hike! Wooded hike, beautiful stream and open fields, too. Great variety. Long enough and tough enough to challenge us, yet our 12 yr old completed the hike too. One of our favorite hikes ever. Will definitely be back.

Crystal Luvmewhenithurtz (121)

4 Completed1 Reviews

great physical hike! intoxicating and exhausting. will go again.

Support