Loyalsock Trail

HARD
l>
Loyalsock Trail is a 59.2 mile point-to-point trail located near Shrewsbury Twp, PA that features a river and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

59.2 miles 1509 feet Point to Point
birding camping hiking ice climbing nature trips rock climbing snowshoeing bridge out old growth over grown river snow views washed out wildlife
Hide Map

Route 220 on the east side and Route 42 on the west..

Jenny Neidigh

3 Completed3 Reviews

It was beautiful. Had a lot of great views. A lot of up and downs and rock climbing also.

Nic N.

Hard trail lots of rain and snow

@Th'e '6w '!by z@

#'3

Wh'\Yat do g YI EL e"ITAdXLIAZUx AB

6u wad dyr"?

Thanks ŕEd d

Casey Davis

7 Completed7 Reviews

Hiked this trail with our leadership group. The kids (14-18) faced struggles, and hardships along the trail but grew their comfort zones in doing so. They came out of it better people, as I did too. It's an intense trail and requires dedication. Hike it if you can!

Chris Wright Jr

10 Completed5 Reviews

This trail is not for the faint at heart. Thru hiked this trail in 3 1/12 days and it was intense. Due to injury, three of our original five hikers bailed and hiked out after day one. If you're hiking this trail from West to East, then get ready for a tough start. At the trailhead, you immediately go straight up for about a half mile, this is the most difficult part of the trail, but not by much. The entire trail continuously goes up and down on very difficult terrain. However, each day the trail gets easier to hike. Do not let that last comment make you lazy as the days progress, I got tired and lazy and rolled my ankle on our third day where we had to hike 19 miles, and then had to hike 13 miles the next day to finish, not awesome. Either way, be prepared mentally and physically! And don't forget your camera, because this area is absolutely beautiful and the most isolated trail I have hiked in PA. My idea of perfect!!

A little helpful info: LOTS of water on this trail, secluded but there are opportunities to hike out if needed, you will pass a bar at one point (sadly, it was closed when we passed), not a ton of campsites but there are plenty (the best ones are listed in the guide book)

Lastly, I HIGHLY recommend the guide book made by the Williamsport Alpine Club. It may seem a bit pricey but there is good reason for it, the guide is incredibly detailed and helpful.