Mount Davis - Pennsylvania Highpoint

Elk Lick Twp, PA

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Mount Davis - Pennsylvania Highpoint is a 3.4 mile loop trail located near Elk Lick Twp, Pennsylvania that features hot springs and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

Person_placeholder

N/A:

3 Completed 3 Reviews

My wife and myself hiked the Shelter Rock Trail and found it to be a very enjoyable walk. There is an interesting, though overgrown, grouping of large rocks to explore along the trail. An abundance of mountain laurel should make this area even more interesting in early June. The trail was well marked and easy to follow, but very rocky. Wear proper footwear. We made a loop by taking Shelter Rock Trail from near yhe observation tower to Shelter Rock Road to Tub Mill Trail to High Point Trail back to the observation tower.We will be back to explore the area more as we enjoyed our time here.

Icon_

N/A:

12 Completed 8 Reviews

Just got back from my hike. Nice short trails around the area of the Mt. Davis natural area. I enjoyed the observation tower. Beautiful views. There is a really cool formation of rocks in the shelter rock trail. If you spend the morning at Mt. Davis there is plenty of file to visit Laurel Hill state park or Kooser State park.

I bring my dog hiking with me a lot and this trail is VERY rocky. You really have to watch where you are stepping. If your dog pulls like my husky does when he's excited this might not be the best trail.

Enjoy!