The Pinnacle

#1 of 4 trails in Berks County Park

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

A great hike on portions of the Appalachian Trail. Observatory is enroute to Pinnacle with outstanding views of Lehigh Valley and Interstate 78. Lots of wildlife to watch along the way.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Natale Retzlaff (174)

2 Completed1 Reviews

Great running trail, tho a bit rocky at times with a few rock gardens. We loved it, and can't wait to hike it in the fall!

Rebecca Swint (57)

4 Completed2 Reviews

Nice local morning hike. Clear parking lot at 7:30am, packed at 12:30.

We had the pinnacle to ourselves for like 5 minutes, then it got amazingly busy.Awesome views of soaring turkey vultures.

Sean Reali (308)

6 Completed1 Reviews

Elizabeth Rogers (51)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Easy trails past the pinnacle but a bit rocky going past The Pulpit. I'd wear boots (I didn't, but perhaps I should have) and the view is utterly worth it. Will do this one again!!

Jamie Markham (53)

3 Completed2 Reviews

Really great hike with some beautiful views!! Saw a lot of hawks flying around at the pulpit, made the steep part of the trail totally worth it, can't wait to do it again.

Tierney Walton (49)

2 Completed2 Reviews

Amazing view. There was a hawk flying at eye level from the look out.

Eli P. (57)

Nice trail. Not too challenging. Look out for snakes. Saw a rattlesnake on the red trail coming down from pulpit rock.

Rudy Rosario (245)

17 Completed8 Reviews

The loop is about 8 miles long. I started off by taking the AT all the way up to the pinnacle. Then, ketp following the AT descending until I saw the blue trail. The blue trail will bring you back the way your started right on the parking lot. It was a group hike we went to watch the moonrise and came back around 11pm. It was my first time hiking at night and loved it!

Alexa Zavitsanos (159)

2 Completed1 Reviews

It was a challenging hike but worth it! Some parts get confusing with the markings so bring a map. It was also very rocky so I twisted my ankle a couple of times. It was a beautiful hike and I would recommend it!

Maria Smith (345)

9 Completed10 Reviews

Hard but awesome!! Wish there were extra markings at times...bring the map!

Support