The Pinnacle Trail

#1 of 4 trails in Berks County Park

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

A great hike on portions of the Appalachian Trail

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Shelby Wischan (1271)

70 Completed31 Reviews

I loved this trail. I began at Pulpit Rock and made my way over to this trail. I really hope to hike the entire AT next year, and this got me so excited to keep planning the hike!

Ryan Kulina (875)

37 Completed27 Reviews

Bryan Kluth (1538)

77 Completed30 Reviews

Nice view. Long hike for it though. Good if you are in the area. Don't drive too far for it.

Allison Forese (92)

6 Completed1 Reviews

Great hike. We began with Pulpit then continued to Pinnacle. It was beautiful, challenging in parts, peaceful (in late September) & overall a wonderful day hike. We did run in to a sizable timber rattlesnake on the trail so watch your kids & dogs!

Jennifer Danella (80)

2 Completed1 Reviews

Ashley Centini (624)

7 Completed3 Reviews

This is the second time I completed this trail and I enjoyed it as much as the first! The view at the top is amazing. It wasn't too crowded either for a nice sunny Saturday. Make sure you wear comfortable shoes, as the trail is rocky in some places. I will definitely be coming back in the fall!

Mary JM (289)

7 Completed7 Reviews

It is very rare for me to give 5 stats to anything and I am thrilled to finally give a very deserving one! The Pulpit Rock Pinnacle Trail is is a must "do" for the regular hiker!!! The trail did not disappoint in any way...views, scents, vistas, sounds and amazing climbs. I recommend that you wear sturdy boots for the rock climbing you will do and take the harder trail up, as it is totally worth the climb. The observatory at the top is fun to explore and the views are breadth taking! Enjoy, explore and fun

Frank Gregorio (64)

2 Completed1 Reviews

Was a fun hike. Wasn't to hard but the snow made it a little more challenging. Once you hit the top there is an underground cave that you can go into. We didn't do it but now we would knowing what it is.

Mike C (3069)

70 Completed25 Reviews

I just did this hike a few nights ago. I was invited by a coworker who suggested that a group of us hike the trail at night to see the full moon rise. When we got up to the Hamburg area, we were surprised to see a few inches of snow, which in my mind just added to the fun. Seeing the full moon reflecting off the snow was amazing, and even more so once we actually reached the Pinnacle! Great hike. Don't go at night unless you have someone with you who is extremely familiar with the trail, and you yourself are a competent hiker.

Emily Morse (101)

1 Completed1 Reviews

I hiked to the pulpit first and then to the pinnacle from there. The hike was amazing. Worst part was the hike about 3/4 mile after I started. You gain a lot of elevation quickly on a gravel road but it's only about 1 mile of steep road. After that it is relatively flat, albeit rocky, or downhill. If you go early enough, there are less or even zero other people and so you can see a lot more wildlife. My husband and I started out around 5:30am (to get to the pulpit at sunrise) and we didn't see anyone until about the last 1/2 mile.

Support