The Pinnacle

#1 of 4 trails in Berks County Park

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

A great hike on portions of the Appalachian Trail. Observatory is enroute to Pinnacle with outstanding views of Lehigh Valley and Interstate 78. Lots of wildlife to watch along the way.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Daniel Farrell Jr. (181)

8 Completed0 Reviews

Up to pulpit and then to pinnacle. Great views from both.

Christopher Allen (39)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Colton Cook (472)

7 Completed1 Reviews

Shelby Wischan (1271)

70 Completed31 Reviews

I loved this trail. I began at Pulpit Rock and made my way over to this trail. I really hope to hike the entire AT next year, and this got me so excited to keep planning the hike!

Ryan Kulina (947)

39 Completed29 Reviews

Bryan Kluth (1578)

77 Completed30 Reviews

Nice view. Long hike for it though. Good if you are in the area. Don't drive too far for it.

Allison Forese (92)

6 Completed1 Reviews

Great hike. We began with Pulpit then continued to Pinnacle. It was beautiful, challenging in parts, peaceful (in late September) & overall a wonderful day hike. We did run in to a sizable timber rattlesnake on the trail so watch your kids & dogs!

Jennifer Danella (125)

2 Completed1 Reviews

Ashley Centini (664)

7 Completed3 Reviews

This is the second time I completed this trail and I enjoyed it as much as the first! The view at the top is amazing. It wasn't too crowded either for a nice sunny Saturday. Make sure you wear comfortable shoes, as the trail is rocky in some places. I will definitely be coming back in the fall!

Mary JM (329)

7 Completed7 Reviews

It is very rare for me to give 5 stats to anything and I am thrilled to finally give a very deserving one! The Pulpit Rock Pinnacle Trail is is a must "do" for the regular hiker!!! The trail did not disappoint in any way...views, scents, vistas, sounds and amazing climbs. I recommend that you wear sturdy boots for the rock climbing you will do and take the harder trail up, as it is totally worth the climb. The observatory at the top is fun to explore and the views are breadth taking! Enjoy, explore and fun

Support