White Rocks Trail

MODERATE
Boiling Springs, PA
White Rocks Trail is a 2.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Boiling Springs, PA that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

dogs on leash kid friendly birding hiking nature trips walking forest views wild flowers wildlife muddy rocky scramble
Hide Map

Great Trail. Well marked & used. Great rocks for climbing, repelling, and bouldering. Climbs the mountain to top about 500' gain, then heads out along the top of the mountain until it hits Center Point Knob. Joins the Appalachian Trail at Center Point Knob (about 1.5mi from trail head)

Bryan Gettman

5 Completed1 Reviews

Been there twice already. Great trail!

Amy Silva

4 Completed3 Reviews

Not too hard, not too easy, just right. Easy and hard option for the rock scramble.

Mary Brown

3 Completed3 Reviews

We hike this trail several times each year. The initial ascent is quite steep, but well marked and not treacherous. The rocks at the top are fun to climb on and in winter you get a nice view of the valley. As a bonus, there is little to no poison ivy.

Nate Gamble

1 Completed1 Reviews

It was amazing a great time. My black lab is 2 years old and had a little trouble but enjoyed the hike.

Rick SanBoeuf

1 Completed1 Reviews

I really love this trail. The rock scramble is amazing! Challenging enough for a beginner but nothing too crazy. And most of the rock scramble has an easier route or a more challenging one. My dog and wife really liked it too. We completed this hike in just over two hours at a leisure pace.

Gary Morrison

1 Completed1 Reviews

Great first hike with our 11 month Great Dane!

Tara Knisely

Awesome Hike!
My husband and I took my 6 & 7 year old kids and we all had a great time. The kids loved it! ;)

Jessica Lyn

Jessica Lyn

Keith Benson

Great hike

Kate Pratt

1 Completed1 Reviews

Husband and I took our 4 kids on this hike ages 3-15. Our 3 yr old and 6 yr old needed support to do this hike. We held their hands and helped them over the rock scrambles. A fun hike for all and beautiful views.

kathleen niggli

1 Completed1 Reviews

Great time doing this trail. It was a little busy with college-aged kids since it was spring break when I hiked it, but everyone was friendly and knew trail etiquette. The rock scramble at the peak was challenging but do-able, even for someone who isn't too physically fit. I took my time, and even wandered around at the Center Point Knob portion of the AT at the end looking at signs and the sign-in book, ate a small lunch for 15 minutes and went back down. All in all, the trail took me a leisurely 2 hours to complete, an average of 50 min/mile. I would advise anyone to be careful on those rocks if they're wet, it gets pretty steep at the top.

Denise Newhard

1 Completed1 Reviews

Great time with the kids. They loved climbing the boulders.

Brett Myers

2 Completed2 Reviews

Had a blast on this trail today!

George H.

Great trail to run. Be careful not to miss the hashmark at the Leidigh Dr spot. If the corn is tall, its easy to miss. Nice elevation gain I like to start at Boiling Springs either at the old Furnace or over at Children's Lake. and go to Whiskey Springs Road and back. Fun!

Ryan Feeney

1 Completed1 Reviews

Great hike with good views

Matthew Rovnan

7 Completed2 Reviews

Rugged.

Mike Gouse

1 Completed2 Reviews

Great little hike with nice views and some challenges on the way all in all very nice

Clarke Woods

1 Completed1 Reviews

Trail was well marked. Beautiful scenery from the rocks at the top. Saw three Hawks while we rested on the rocks.

Carly Dugan