Cliff Walk

Cliff Walk is a 7 mile out and back trail located near Newport, Rhode Island and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

6.97 miles Out & Back

Missy Lavoie

29 Completed29 Reviews

Paul Johnson

5 Completed10 Reviews

I love the cliff walk. Anyone can do it. There are multiple places to gain access. You can do as much or as little as you like. And the views are wonderful. Mansions on one side, ocean on the other. How could you go wrong. Personally I prefer to walk in nature rather than on pavement but, this walk is Definitely a must do for anyone visiting Newport.

Darienne Camille

4 Completed4 Reviews

Ryan Lekites

Fun time. Great views.

Stewart Hood

3 Completed2 Reviews

Mostly a paved walkway but there are areas with rocks you have to go over. I give it 5 stars because the view is spectacular & there was a cool breeze coming off the water. It was exactly 8.0 miles out & back from where we parked our car. Go early in the AM.

Haley Angell

It was really pretty

Rae Suba

32 Completed30 Reviews

beautiful beautiful walk/hike. We completed this as a family myself, husband, 16 year old, 12 year old, 6 year old. let me help everyone be happier with their experience here with what we learned with three whiny kids in tow. you can park all day at Easton Beach lot ($20 on weekend/high season). the entrance of the walk is adjacent to that beach. You can walk the trail in either direction (wish we knew this as we would have started from whats considered the end and worked our way back so we ended up on a beach with facilities near by. Rejects beach at the very end of the cliff walk is primarily occupied by a private beach club. NO facilities of any kind within even 1 mile to change or use the bathroom so beware. Sunscreen a must on a clear day, very little shade the entire trail. Bring lots of water its hot midday. The breeze is beautiful so it felt bearable but we all ended up with too much sun in the end, despite wearing sunscreen and hats. bring your camera it breathtaking in spots. Mansions are very much in view during the walk from the back side of course. There is a trolley $2 cash exact change per person that runs along Bellevue road both ways, otherwise its loooong walk back to the car even if its in the afternoon shade trees near the mansions. Wildflowers, wind, rocks, and ocean views abundant. would definitely do it again but this time i would go early morning to avoid the crowded often 1 way narrow paths and i would start from what is considered the end and work my way back. enjoy!

Brenna Pisanelli