Marrington Plantation

#1 of 10 trails in Francis Marion National Forest

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Marrington is a 13.65 mile trail located in Goose Creek, SC. It has several trails with the Red loop being the main trail and the blue trails being shortcuts (rarely used). There are also yellow trails that are technical sections, for mountain bikes, and an Orange trail that is tight and twisty

1 Completed 1 Reviews

Great trail. It's free. Helmet required. Maps at entrance. Best in Charleston

2 Completed 1 Reviews

A great trail and better ride. One bad part was all the roots. Overall a great trail.

Icon_

7 Completed 2 Reviews

We found this trail fairly easily. We had to ask an MP for the exact location and found tjst he was very knowledgable. The trailhead sign indicated that all users were required to have a guest ID card from the guard shack or something. My 7 year old son and I completed the first half of this trail and took a short cut back to the trailhead. We found it to be fairly easy, yet fun and a decent workout. It was a lot flatter than my home trail in Indiana. The only issue I had was that the tree roots pounded the living day lights out of us. We didn't see any dangerous wildlife but I suppose that's a good thing.

Picture?width=50&height=50

2 Completed 2 Reviews

I have been riding Marrington for 6 years now and I still love it. It is actually close to 20 miles now with more coming. This trail is marked well and is maintained very well. Not a lot of climbing but if you ride fast it is a great workout. The only negative is the roots will beat the daylights out of you even with a good fork. Have fun!

1 Completed 1 Reviews

This is a great lowcountry mountain bike trail. The description says 5 miles but it is up to 17-18 if you ride all of the red loop plus The Amazon and Foster Creek trails. It is by far the best trail in Charleston area. The trail is open year round but times are limited during hunting season (dates and times posted at trail head). Also, helmets are required because it is federal property (don't need someone getting a concussion, suing, and getting the trail closed to everyone). Check out Lowcountry fat tire freaks on facebook for trail updates.

Support