Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Peachtree Rock is a 2 mile loop trail located near Lexington, South Carolina. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking. Trail varies from easy to moderate and is fairly well marked. There are actually 7.5 miles of trails but the main attractions are on the 2 mile loop.

5 Completed 5 Reviews

The beauty of Peachtree Rock is its biodiversity. The hike is simple, but if you really pay attention to all this area has to offer, you might be amazed. I got a close sighting of a prairie warbler on the ridge. Great day!

Icon_

4 Completed 2 Reviews

Had a great time, first hike with my daughters and dog. I hated I see the trash, so I picked up some on my way out. My daughters were horrified that people would litter!

5 Completed 1 Reviews

Easy hike, but scenery and endgame dull. Of course, the peachtree rock fell over and the waterfall is well, humble to say the least. What struck me as dull however was the large amount of trash and evidence of recent fire. Trail was lightly used, but was hang out for local high school kids to smoke.

5 Completed 1 Reviews

"Sad to report that Peachtree Rock fell over." I think it was pushed - that would it murder. Hike is still worth it; several very charming scenes.

Icon_f91d5222e089148cfbfdc96befc65035

5 Completed 5 Reviews

Sad to report that Peachtree Rock fell over. :(

6 Completed 5 Reviews

Very nice easy hike. The loop is perfect for young kids and families. The waterfall is pretty small but there is an area that is shaded during the early afternoon that makes this a nice lunch spot. I want to go back in the fall to get the most out if the larger trail.

3 Completed 2 Reviews

Nice little hike. We have taken our daughter and carried her in a backpack. She loved it. Great for kids and a beautiful midlands trail. Only problem is there is a tendency for trash.

1 Completed 1 Reviews

This place was amazing, I went earlier in the year for my boyfriend's and my 6 months we had a picnic and it was just a wonderful experience. the rock is huge, way larger than expected, and it has several names carved into it.

3 Completed 1 Reviews

3 Completed 3 Reviews

A nice little hike with some cool sandstone formations and a waterfall. Excellent place to take kids to introduce them to hiking. Most kids love climbing on the rocks.

Support