Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Peachtree Rock is a 2 mile loop trail located near Lexington, South Carolina. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking. Trail varies from easy to moderate and is fairly well marked. There are actually 7.5 miles of trails but the main attractions are on the 2 mile loop.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Joyce Thomas (59)

3 Completed3 Reviews

This is a quiet semi rugged trail. You can make it what you want it to be. I with my Hubby,Friend and dog, Love coming here. It has cnanged some since the huge "Rock" Tipped over. The trails have changed some what. I go here weekly. My faverite part is The rock to climb. It is a good work out, for an older person such as I,with disibilties.
My most faverite place on the whole trail is the spring water falls falling out of the rock bank and making its own lil creek . The water is so cold, refreshing, and a welcome site. The whole habitat is interesting and meeting new people who are lost is nothing new, Traild are not marked well. Be Careful.

John Harmon (474)

27 Completed5 Reviews

Remarkable diversity in such a small park! Sadly, Peachtree Rock itself has been toppled by vandals, but Little Peachtree Rock still stands further into the park. Pros - Well marked, well maintained trails, all easily accessible from the trailhead. Cons - The trails, which criss cross the park, have the same markings. This is a popular destination and trash is usually left by the non Leave No Trace crowd. I routinely pack out the litter I run across.

John Harmon (84)

12 Completed2 Reviews

Lisa Myrick (111)

5 Completed5 Reviews

The beauty of Peachtree Rock is its biodiversity. The hike is simple, but if you really pay attention to all this area has to offer, you might be amazed. I got a close sighting of a prairie warbler on the ridge. Great day!

Jeremy Easterling (205)

4 Completed2 Reviews

Had a great time, first hike with my daughters and dog. I hated I see the trash, so I picked up some on my way out. My daughters were horrified that people would litter!

Kaxil Kiuic (78)

5 Completed1 Reviews

Easy hike, but scenery and endgame dull. Of course, the peachtree rock fell over and the waterfall is well, humble to say the least. What struck me as dull however was the large amount of trash and evidence of recent fire. Trail was lightly used, but was hang out for local high school kids to smoke.

Thomas Simmons (70)

5 Completed1 Reviews

"Sad to report that Peachtree Rock fell over." I think it was pushed - that would it murder. Hike is still worth it; several very charming scenes.

Adventure Seeker (332)

5 Completed5 Reviews

Sad to report that Peachtree Rock fell over. :(

William Liebenrood (431)

6 Completed5 Reviews

Very nice easy hike. The loop is perfect for young kids and families. The waterfall is pretty small but there is an area that is shaded during the early afternoon that makes this a nice lunch spot. I want to go back in the fall to get the most out if the larger trail.

Tabitha Shobe (113)

3 Completed2 Reviews

Nice little hike. We have taken our daughter and carried her in a backpack. She loved it. Great for kids and a beautiful midlands trail. Only problem is there is a tendency for trash.

Support