Badlands National Park

MODERATE
#1 of 8 trails in Badlands National Park
Badlands National Park is a moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Pine Ridge, SD that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Point to Point
dogs on leash kid friendly birding hiking nature trips scenic driving walking views wild flowers
Hide Map

Mimi Crawford

3 Completed3 Reviews

a Saturday hike through the Badlands is awesome!!! great trails unlike any other I'm at awe. South Dakota is a wonderland!!!

Christina Nauman

14 Completed13 Reviews

Beautiful scenery

Verlicia Perez

42 Completed13 Reviews

Kimberly Powell

37 Completed20 Reviews

Nice trail and gorgeous views, but very hot.

Anna Ball

4 Completed5 Reviews

So fun for the kids to climb

Anna Ball

4 Completed5 Reviews

Fun for the kids to climb

Shannon H.

Amazing views! Definitely a bucket list must

Adam Lund

575 Completed226 Reviews

Scenery unlike anyplace else I've been. We were lucky (sort of) to be there during a thunderstorm, and boy did the sky and the landscape light up.

Courtney Chivon

48 Completed11 Reviews

Spiritual.

Tatiana Smith

93 Completed56 Reviews

One of the most unique and beautiful places that I have ever seeing. You can't really describe it, you have to see it. Definitely a bucket list place!

Tim Todd

1353 Completed141 Reviews

I really wish I had given myself more time to visit the Badlands. It's high on my list to come back.

Jack Tatsch

386 Completed372 Reviews

Great landscapes to enjoy. Magnificent colors in the eroded terrain. Lots of wild animals.

Jodie Jones

20 Completed5 Reviews

Absolutely beautiful.

Terry X.

We didn't get a chance to stay too long and hike the trails, but this place rockstruly a unique experience. Between the Badlands and the Black Hills I was thoroughly amazed with the South Dakota landscape and I hope to return soon!

Ryan Farrell

8 Completed7 Reviews

Love the badlands have gone there every 5 years. I like going off the man trails a bit so its always different each time a go

Frank Clampitt

7 Completed7 Reviews

Like the Grand Canyon, but in reverse. Get out and walk on the trails. You'll have pictures unlike any others.

Scott Martz

11 Completed11 Reviews

Tons of things to see and do! Some fo the views are just amazing. Definately a must see. So many trails to just go off and explore on.

Larry Amati

34 Completed13 Reviews

Jason Izumi

22 Completed36 Reviews

Greatly enjoyed driving westward through this park on way to Mt Rushmore, Striking landscape!