Badlands National Park

#1 of 9 trails in Badlands National Park

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Badlands National Park is located near Pine Ridge, South Dakota and offers scenic views. The trail is primarily used for hiking & scenic driving and is accessible year-round.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Courtney Chivon (199)

39 Completed2 Reviews

Spiritual.

Tatiana Smith (6337)

80 Completed58 Reviews

One of the most unique and beautiful places that I have ever seeing. You can't really describe it, you have to see it. Definitely a bucket list place!

Tim Todd (10561)

884 Completed130 Reviews

I really wish I had given myself more time to visit the Badlands. It's high on my list to come back.

Jack Tatsch (26517)

335 Completed335 Reviews

Great landscapes to enjoy. Magnificent colors in the eroded terrain. Lots of wild animals.

Jodie Jones (485)

19 Completed4 Reviews

Absolutely beautiful.

Terry X. (805)

We didn't get a chance to stay too long and hike the trails, but this place rockstruly a unique experience. Between the Badlands and the Black Hills I was thoroughly amazed with the South Dakota landscape and I hope to return soon!

Ryan Farrell (298)

7 Completed8 Reviews

Love the badlands have gone there every 5 years. I like going off the man trails a bit so its always different each time a go

Frank Clampitt (219)

7 Completed7 Reviews

Like the Grand Canyon, but in reverse. Get out and walk on the trails. You'll have pictures unlike any others.

Scott Martz (351)

11 Completed11 Reviews

Tons of things to see and do! Some fo the views are just amazing. Definately a must see. So many trails to just go off and explore on.

Larry Amati (635)