Badlands National Park

#1 of 10 trails in Badlands National Park

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Badlands National Park is a point-to-point trail located near Pine Ridge, South Dakota that offers scenic views and is only recommended for very experienced outdoorsmen. The trail is primarily used for scenic driving and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Anna Ball (102)

4 Completed5 Reviews

So fun for the kids to climb

Anna Ball (102)

4 Completed5 Reviews

Fun for the kids to climb

Shannon H. (273)

Amazing views! Definitely a bucket list must

Adam Lund (33298)

493 Completed223 Reviews

Scenery unlike anyplace else I've been. We were lucky (sort of) to be there during a thunderstorm, and boy did the sky and the landscape light up.

Courtney Chivon (362)

42 Completed6 Reviews

Spiritual.

Tatiana Smith (6337)

80 Completed58 Reviews

One of the most unique and beautiful places that I have ever seeing. You can't really describe it, you have to see it. Definitely a bucket list place!

Tim Todd (14729)

1064 Completed140 Reviews

I really wish I had given myself more time to visit the Badlands. It's high on my list to come back.

Jack Tatsch (35760)

352 Completed352 Reviews

Great landscapes to enjoy. Magnificent colors in the eroded terrain. Lots of wild animals.

Jodie Jones (506)

19 Completed4 Reviews

Absolutely beautiful.

Terry X. (805)

We didn't get a chance to stay too long and hike the trails, but this place rockstruly a unique experience. Between the Badlands and the Black Hills I was thoroughly amazed with the South Dakota landscape and I hope to return soon!

Support