Alexander Trail

Alexander Trail is a 1.1 mile loop trail located near Thompson's Station, Tennessee that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from February until October.

1.1 miles Loop 320 feet
Kid Friendly Dog Friendly
birding hiking nature trips dogs leash forest kids
Hide Map

Diane George

6 Completed5 Reviews

Cool rainy day, a little slippery on the steep parts, well-maintained in the park part but no trail heads from the ball park entrance. Great little herb/flower/doggy walk path just off the path.

Joe Musick

105 Completed9 Reviews

Jordan Clause

Landon Miller

1 Completed1 Reviews

Great little trail. You can combine Stephens way, Alexander's trail and Thompson station park to make this an easy 3.5-4 mile trail. Very well maintained even in the summer.

Candace Collins

4 Completed4 Reviews

There are 2 trails here Alexander and Stephens way... this is a great trail.. clear and in a wooded area but right in the middle of the city. My one desire is there needs to be more clearly defined routes... as to which way is north trail head or south trail head... I did do this one with my 10 year old daughter it wasn't bad at all.

George Hutton

1 Completed1 Reviews

There are two trails here. Stephens way (1.8 miles) and Alexander's trail (1.1 miles), that switchback over a large hill, decent inclines. There are two crossing points of each trail and you can turn this into about a 40 min hike. It is dog friendly and we enjoy it

Emily Luke

2 Completed1 Reviews

Short hike but was really pretty. The park at the front looked really nice as well. I'll definitely go back when I'm in need again of a shorter walk close to home.

Ali HuYoung

2 Completed2 Reviews

Hiked this trail today with my husband and our 2 and 3 year olds. 3 year old made it the whole way without help. Perfect first hike for her. A bit muddy, but it is March :)

Henry P.

I love this trail. I try to hike it at least once a week. It's strenuous but rewarding. The highway is close so you have some traffic noise but you can't see it.