Bote Mountain Trail

MODERATE
#97 of 161 trails in Great Smoky Mountains National Park
Bote Mountain Trail is a 6.9 mile trail located near Townsend, TN that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

hiking wild flowers wildlife
Hide Map

Jim Longest

19 Completed19 Reviews

Bote mountain is my nemesis. I have been on it several times and is a necessary evil to get to some other trails and the AT. With that being said, I also love this trail. It offers good views and wildflowers. But it is up and only up and very rocky. So be ready for that. I may sound like I don't like this trail but I do. It is a great workout and you really feel like you have accomplished something when you get to the top. Plus at the top is the AT and in close proximity, Rocky Top and Spence Field. It makes for a great day hike or overnighter along one of the many trails that connects to it or at the Spence Field Shelter.

Krystal Smith

13 Completed12 Reviews

Nice workout on a beautiful ridge line. Saw one other hiker. Flowers and mushrooms are abundant. You can connect with the AT and a few other trails.

Jerry T

151 Completed142 Reviews

Muddy in places but some great views along the ridges! Several options to trails off this one or go all the way to AT!