Cheeks Bend Bluff View Trail

Columbia, TN

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Cheeks Bend Bluff View Trail is a 1.8 mile out and back trail located near Columbia, Tennessee and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Jessica Pesut (151)

23 Completed8 Reviews

This hike would be great for families. Easy and shorter out and back. Nothing super spectacular, but a good outing nonetheless. Plus, it's always fun to take a dirt road to a trailhead!

Morgan Michelle (354)

3 Completed3 Reviews

Hiked this trail a couple weekends ago.It was my six year old brother's first hike and he was all about exploring but not as interested in the actual hike so we did a little more playing in the creek and searching for caves than actual hiking, but that's the best thing about this trail. There is so much to explore in just a little over a mile.its a perfect kiddie hike or nice walk for anyone. It's not at all challenging. We probably saw 2 or 3 other people on the trail on a Saturday,We climbed down to the river bank to look for the caves. We didn't find the two we have seen before but I stumbled across another one. I about peed my pants because as I peeked into the entrance a giant buzzard flew out at me, but it was pretty hilarious. Also saw some groundhogs in the area. the cave went back a ways but it had been raining and was too steep for exploring with a 6 year old. We figured that the other two caves were just a few more minutes of walking down the bank but by the time we found the first one we had a tired grumpy little boy on our hands so it was time to go. Definitely will be back to explore more soon.

Stephanie Langford (331)

5 Completed1 Reviews

Jason Franks (80)

2 Completed2 Reviews

Ali HuYoung (112)

2 Completed2 Reviews

Hiked this trail with my 2 and 3 year old, and it was perfect for them. Not too steep, but plenty of rocks and fallen trees for mountain climbing :) The trail is very well marked and my 2 year old loved leading the way and finding the "blue trees."

Amanda Lipoelt (82)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Great tucked away lesser known beauty! LOVED the cave.

Ryan Gray (56)

1 Completed1 Reviews

It's a nice little trail that's fairly easy to hike. It's very well marked, so you don't have to worry about getting lost. Apparently there is a cave somewhere off the trail, although I could not find it. I'm going back today and will update if its found.

Henry P. (639)

This is a great trail with beautiful views. The trailhead is a little hard to find but after that the trail is very well marked. I hiked it with my 12 year old who had never hiked before and she did fine. We will absolutely do this trail again!

Jerry Jenkins (171)

8 Completed5 Reviews

I love this trail. Cave is somewhat hidden, but if you really look you'll find it. Oh, if you go during the wet season waterproof shoes are nice because the trail starts by running through a marshy area.

James Johnson (347)