Cheeks Bend Bluff View Trail

EASY
Columbia, TN
true
Cheeks Bend Bluff View Trail is a 1.9 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Columbia, TN and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

Hide Map

Matthew Certa
28 minutes ago

3 Completed0 Reviews

The trailhead is a bit hard to tell when driving up. When you see a sign saying Duck River Complex and a Y in the road park, and a small red sign will lead you in. The hike to the loop is a rain runoff trail so plenty of flagstone navigating. Once you get towards the loop the adventure starts! Lots of cliffs and rocky areas to peel off the trail and explore. The views of the river are real nice too.

Joe Smotherman

2 Completed0 Reviews

I hiked a short part of this last weekend with my 4 y/o grandson, but the trail was so wet and muddy (it was literally a running stream in most spots) that we abandoned the effort about a third of the way in. I went back with my wife this morning and conditions were much better and drier. We had a good time. We flushed a turkey from it's roost in a tree and it nearly scared us to death! Ha Ha! Never saw the caves, but we weren't too inclined to get off trail and wander about.

Candace Collins

6 Completed4 Reviews

Great trail, pretty views and easy enough for kids.

Karina Sprinkle

1 Completed0 Reviews

Fun, easy, great views and caves at the end (which we kept a secret for a surprise for our kids).

Mao Shinoda

1 Completed0 Reviews

Carmen Klapper

5 Completed0 Reviews

One of our favorites! A good workout and the caves are fun to explore.

Ashley Torres

2 Completed0 Reviews

Easy and so much fun to explore! Especially with kids! They have cool caves also! also have canoe rentals there so that would be a fun adventure also!

Jason Bures

Orson Bell

8 Completed8 Reviews

one of the first day hikes I went on after buying 60 hikes within 60 miles of nashville. trail head was a little difficult to find, but yes this little hike worth the effort

Jeffrey Stanley

2 Completed1 Reviews

So much fun! We loved going off trail and exploring the caves! Definitely a goody!

Tiffany Henderson

1 Completed1 Reviews

My daughter and I enjoyed this little gem last week on Thursday. I decided to bring my hubby out on Sunday for a practice round with our three day overnight packs. Beautiful hike, albeit short, and worth the serenity. Only flaw is I wish it was longer.

Andy Tucker

1 Completed1 Reviews

It was beautiful. You have to find the cave though. The trail was great, don't get me wrong, but the cave made my boys' day. Mine too.

Joe Musick

104 Completed9 Reviews

One of our families favorite hikes, great for kids and a nice view of the Duck from the bluffs

Matthew Cunningham

1 Completed1 Reviews

I love this place. Nice trails. Good views from the bluffs and the caves are pretty sweet.

Louis Davis

Great trail

Ed E.

I hike this trail frequently. This is a nice trail with great views of the Duck River from the top of the bluffs. There is a loop trail that leads to the entrance of a cave but I believe the cave is closed due to white nose syndrome in the bat population. Great destination for a family or just for a walk in the woods.

Jessica Pesut

24 Completed9 Reviews

This hike would be great for families. Easy and shorter out and back. Nothing super spectacular, but a good outing nonetheless. Plus, it's always fun to take a dirt road to a trailhead!

Morgan Michelle

5 Completed3 Reviews

Hiked this trail a couple weekends ago.It was my six year old brother's first hike and he was all about exploring but not as interested in the actual hike so we did a little more playing in the creek and searching for caves than actual hiking, but that's the best thing about this trail. There is so much to explore in just a little over a mile.its a perfect kiddie hike or nice walk for anyone. It's not at all challenging. We probably saw 2 or 3 other people on the trail on a Saturday,We climbed down to the river bank to look for the caves. We didn't find the two we have seen before but I stumbled across another one. I about peed my pants because as I peeked into the entrance a giant buzzard flew out at me, but it was pretty hilarious. Also saw some groundhogs in the area. the cave went back a ways but it had been raining and was too steep for exploring with a 6 year old. We figured that the other two caves were just a few more minutes of walking down the bank but by the time we found the first one we had a tired grumpy little boy on our hands so it was time to go. Definitely will be back to explore more soon.

Stephanie Langford