Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Cummins Falls is a 3.2 mile out and back trail located near Cookeville, Tennessee that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Jessica Boggs-Lira

3 Completed 2 Reviews

Loved it! Tough trip back up but well worth the journey down!

21 Completed 21 Reviews

1 Completed 1 Reviews

Absolutely loved this hiked! Well worth it and can't wait to go again this year. At the top of the trail there is an overlook that is very nice and easy to get to. The descent to the base of the trail gets pretty steep, but is marked. Once you make it to the river bed below, it's pretty much making your way around rocks. I actually spotted a baby snake as soon as we made it to the base. As you get closer to the falls, you have to go through water (not prepared) and coming up on the falls, you will have to make your way across rocks. The rocks are slippery in the riverbed, so it's best to be prepared and wear nice gripping shoes you can walk through water. I had my camera & was sure I was going to fall as I went barefoot through the up to my knees water. Be prepared to jump across rocks as you make your way to the falls. The waterfall is amazing & you realize it was all worth it once you get there.

49 Completed 21 Reviews

Not really much of a hike but once you get to the river an the swimming hole it is well worth it. It is also for me a very beautiful waterfall.

Icon_

19 Completed 13 Reviews

love this waterfall, have been a couple times and it is one of my most fav spots you will get wet you have to cross the creek, great swimming area at the falls. everytime I have gone here I have seen several small snakes in the creek but I have been told that they are only water snakes not harmful

Icon_

15 Completed 6 Reviews

Not real heavy on the hiking side of things but the waterfall is pretty cool and a nice place to take a swim in warmer weather.

23 Completed 22 Reviews

Steep!!! Great waterfall!! Half of the trail at the bottom goes through the creek bed.

2 Completed 2 Reviews

We were unprepared for the long rocky hike to the falls in the river and the long downhill trail to it, however it was worth it once we got to the falls. It was beautiful and was a great swimming hole. Just be prepared for slippery algae and lots of rocks. I recommend wearing sturdy hiking shoes during the hike and water shoes while swimming.

2 Completed 1 Reviews

One of the best times I've ever had, met a group called The Waterfall Squadron there who travel to waterfalls all over. Perfect swimming, not over crowded, places to climb up and jump off (careful, slick moss). Overall though I would recommend this trail to most hikers, it's fairly easy, you do have to hike up the river bed which is pretty rocky to get there, but it's quick and painless and the views, picturesque falls, and clear, cool water make it all worth it.

Brett Crane

31 Completed 2 Reviews

The wife and I loved this hike. Little short for us. But we had a blast rock hopping. We didn't have are kids with us. But I'm for sure going to take them soon.

Support