Cummins Falls Trail

MODERATE
Cookeville, TN
true
Cummins Falls Trail is a 1.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Cookeville, TN that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

dogs on leash kid friendly hiking forest river waterfall
Hide Map

Cummins Falls is a 3.2 mile out and back trail located near Cookeville, Tennessee that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Stu Murray

4 Completed0 Reviews

Lots of fun.

Amy Fly-Hall

7 Completed0 Reviews

This falls is beautiful to see but be prepared to wade the creek during the hike

Jason N Liz Evans

6 Completed0 Reviews

This is my sons favorite hike. Make sure to trek down the river to the falls. Watch out for snakes by the water.

Jeff Frank

beautiful falls great hike

Jeff Frank

good hike beautiful falls

Brian Brian Phipps

1 Completed0 Reviews

Great swimming spot on a hot day. Wet shoes are a must.

Garrett Weekley

1 Completed0 Reviews

Take the shortcut to the downstream trail and head to the bottom of the waterfall. You'll have to cross the stream a couple of times to get to the waterfall so dress accordingly. Gorgeous trail.

Penny Blaylock

1 Completed0 Reviews

Very nice trail. Easy to hike!

Izbey Cobos

1 Completed0 Reviews

I come here often love to walk this trail and the falls are amazing great places to relax .

Britney Gedeon

Britney Gedeon

Trevor Daniels

9 Completed0 Reviews

Kacey Hart

21 Completed3 Reviews

I did this trail with kids. My children however have been on many trails; so be forewarned there is a lot river crossing and a lot of climbing some small boulders to get down to the a actual falls. The river was deep and spots when we went and we saw one snake. But the view was well worth the adventure

Rachel Gregory

8 Completed0 Reviews

I'm not sure how people get their children down to the falls. I tried a couple times and slipped when the trail gets narrow on the side of the mountain and drops off. I did take my smaller children and older to the lookout. The hike from the parking lot is a good walk. If you can find the trail to the left of the overlook you can walk on top of the falls and down the creek.

Ashlee Wilmier

Beautiful short trail!

Mackenzie Catron

1 Completed0 Reviews

This trail would be awesome in summer but it is NOT 3.5 miles. We walked it twice, including going down to the river and walking around once, and we barely hit 3 miles total.

Paige Palmer

6 Completed0 Reviews

So fun on a summer day! Be warned, this is not a trail for beginners. I have seen too many people wearing bikinis, jeans or flip flops thinking it's a short walk to go swimming. Bring water, food and water shoes. Be ready for lots of creek crossing and some climbing over rocks.

Paul Riley

3 Completed0 Reviews

The water was super high which was awesome! And the cliff face opposite of there we from the park was covered in snow and ice. We had to go down the shortcut trail at the overlook fence and it took a while cause it was covered in ice. But it was a great once we got down there and it helped skip all the river part. Also, winter hours says the park closes at 4:30.

Deni Klein

2 Completed0 Reviews

Cummings falls is an awesome place to go in the summer on week days when you can hike to the base of the falls and lounge in the waterfalls. On the weekends it feels like an amusement park with him many people go here and it becomes hard to feel "at peace" with nature. Defintiely wear water shoes and be careful crossing the water. I have seen too many people fall and get hurt.

LaRoe David