Glen Falls

#1 of 1 trails in Chickamauga/Chattanooga Nmp

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Glen Falls is a 1.5 mile out and back trail located near Chattanooga, Tennessee that features a waterfall. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Hiking Diva . (5213)

101 Completed81 Reviews

Camped in the Blue Valley Dispersed Campsites and hiked "up" to access the falls. It was evident most people stop at the main falls, but there is a lot more waterfalls below. Some requires scrambling, recommended only at low levels by experienced bushwhackers.

Included a number of pics of the additional falls. Traffic low, not a lot of trash on trail. It is steep on the way back to the main area, but an enjoyable hike.

Kimberly Stanley (145)

4 Completed2 Reviews

Katrina Mazza (355)

8 Completed7 Reviews

This really is an out and back that you can do in like an hour. Now if you climb up the rocks around the falls, it turns a little more challenging, but also a little bit dangerous! Climb with caution.

Mark Mcleod (176)

4 Completed2 Reviews

Short and hot. There wasn't much of a waterfall when we went but there hasn't been much rain in the last week. We had two kids with us, a 5 and an 8 year old, who easily managed. On the hike back out we were drenched in sweat. Bring some water.

Adam Tarplee (157)

2 Completed2 Reviews

Great little starter hike for the young ones. Our group was 6 Adults and 8 kids (ages: 3-9). All had a great time and really enjoyed the falls and a snack on the rocks at the end. The water was just right for rock hopping.

Barbara Edwards (146)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Hard to find is an understatement, but we finally did. Beautiful hike today! I am sure I'll feel it tomorrow. My daughter came with me with her daughter in a backpack. She did very well. Can't wait to bring my husband! The trail is a little rocky in places, but otherwise is in great shape. Thank you to the person who put the rocks in the mud to make that small section passable.

Ben Carter (108)

3 Completed3 Reviews

My family and I love this trail!!! It's a quick out and back if you rush, but it's more enjoyable to take your time. Pack a small snack, and if the water is low(er) you can step out on one of the bigger flat top boulders, sit in the sun, and have a nice little picnic. Can sometimes be crowded, but that's what you deal with for being so close to civilization. The pull-off is a little tricky, I almost always miss it even tho we have been there 6+ times. Highly recommended.

cole s (140)

15 Completed7 Reviews

an in and out hike with so many other great hikes nearby this is an easy recommendation! try to fit this one in with a few others to boost the intensity and experience! also the trail head starts along a pull off of the ochs hwy. just (uphill) of sanders rd. altogether very nice! sunset rock may be and excellent pairing if you dont have much time but want to see a few things in one trip.

Rob Kent (125)

3 Completed3 Reviews

Easy, short hike. But beautiful and worth checking out.

Baruch Logue (154)

3 Completed3 Reviews

Neat little trail. Really easy hike with opportunities to climb through the creek bed and back into the source stream above the waterfall. Definitely worth it after a big rainfall. On a hot day the canopy provides much cooler temperatures for an enjoyable day.

Support