House Mountain

#1 of 1 trails in House Mountain State Natural Area

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Take a short challenging hike right in the city!

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Teresa Wilson (72)

7 Completed1 Reviews

Great 3 hour hike! Walked up to the west overlook, then over to the split for the west/east overlook and down. Beautiful day!

Nathanael Wingate (421)

15 Completed18 Reviews

Easy Hike and we'll maintained trails. The views are great!

Erika Romenesko (129)

8 Completed2 Reviews

Great hike. Little slick with all the fall leaves but we enjoyed it with our dogs.

Lindsay Brunner (531)

21 Completed21 Reviews

Ben Myhre (345)

8 Completed5 Reviews

The whole mountain took me about 3.5 hours but I stopped a lot to look at the views from different points. It was about as I expected on West Overlook Trail the .8 mile hike that goes to the west over look on Crest Trail and Mountain Trail the 1 mile trail that lead to the half way mark on Crest Trail. They were both rocky and steep but Mountain Trail was a more rewarding hike with pretty good views near the top of the trail. Over all House Mountain was a good half day expedition with rewarding views at the top. I do recommend this trail for a quick but moderately challenging hike.

Amanda McIntyre (104)

6 Completed6 Reviews

Wasn't expecting much from this hike but due to the steep grade it was harder than I expected. The views at the top were also much better than I expected as well though.

Shelby Ellis (56)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Beautiful hike! Did it alone to get a break from the city and it was a wonderful half day long escape.

Colleen Nora LeFaivre (64)

6 Completed1 Reviews

Hiked several times with friends when I lived in the area about 17 years ago....loved the views and enjoyed the climb. ....have some very good memories with Doug when we went there!

Nikki Hoskins (65)

7 Completed1 Reviews

Completed loop. Awesome views from the top rocks! The kids 9 and 13 were troopers and rocked it.

David Stidham (62)