House Mountain

MODERATE
#1 of 1 trails in House Mountain State Natural Area
House Mountain is a 3.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Corryton, TN and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

dog friendly hiking trail running
Hide Map

Take a short challenging hike right in the city! There are many trails and variations to the area but this hike will be described as a loop hike in counter clock motion. Take the main trail from the parking lot and then turn right on the blue blaze trails. There are many rock formations to see and winter views from this trail. After 1 mile you reach the red blaze trail it is 1.5 mile in length but will add a little more to your hike if you go all the way out to the rock outcrop for the best views from the top. Go back (west) on the trail for 1.5 miles until you reach the west overlook. Nice views but the scenery is littered with cell towers and buildings from the view of Knoxville accented with interstate noise. The connector to the white blaze trail is covered by blow downs at the time of this review so a little off trail is required to get to the white blaze trail. This trail is 0.8 mi and will quickly descend to the main parking lot to finish the loop.

Nicole Durham

2 Completed2 Reviews

A nice day hike. Enough of a workout

Jeff Taylor

12 Completed12 Reviews

Todd Turpin

2 Completed2 Reviews

This was a great hard hike

Jason Kiser

1 Completed1 Reviews

Great trail. There are a few spots that would make it somewhat difficult for small children or older dogs, though I saw plenty of both on a beutiful/busy Sunday afternoon.

Bubba Poston

19 Completed7 Reviews

Nice hike for such a short drive. Incline is pretty steep at times, but worth it. Nice views of Corryton and surrounding areas. A little busy.

Jason N Liz Evans

6 Completed6 Reviews

A family favorite!

Jarrod Brown

7 Completed1 Reviews

Simple easy trail for beginner hikers! Love this trail and hike it 10+ times a year!

Anthony Kennedy

16 Completed3 Reviews

Bruce Everett

1 Completed2 Reviews

Awesome views, and terrains.

Bruce Everett

1 Completed2 Reviews

Awesome views,

Ashleigh Fersch

2 Completed2 Reviews

I took my 4 year old and we hiked his together. It took us a good while to complete bc of little legs but she made it! I would do it next time without kiddos. I thought it moderate (not easy) since its petty much all a steep climb UP a trail with a good deal of rocky parts. Still a good hike!!

jeff haseler

Christina Zukas

8 Completed7 Reviews

Started at the trail head at 7:38am, and arrived back at my car by 10am. This hike is no joke....yes, moderate in skill level, but whew!!! GREAT hike, and I felt so accomplished and proud of myself when I was done! I did the full blue and white trails, plus the red one, from end to end. The look out to the East, gives you the best views and actual outlook. Standing on that huge boulder, made me feel like I was on top of the world. The look out the West....did not provide the awesome views of the Smoky's that I was hoping for. The trees were pretty thick, and no true "bald" outlook was available. It was at this point, the trail became very confusing. I almost had to make my own trail, or what I thought was the real trail, to get started back down the mountain. Very rocky terrain, and some moments where footing was not that stable. Be very cautious. Once you see the white square painted on tree....you'll know you are heading in the right direction.
Extremely gratifying hike, and I will definitely do it again.

Kathy K.

The hike was great but the bathroom facilities needed to be cleaned. kk

Kathy K.

Avery Hendrix

1 Completed1 Reviews

Some steep and rocky spots, but the view is absolutely worth it.

Torey Millman-Hall

sara sara slater

SiFu Adams

16 Completed1 Reviews

Great view. Not an amazing trail but glad I did it!

Tim Mellinger

23 Completed16 Reviews

I hiked House Mountain about 10 years ago (long before i was aware of All Trails) and loved it. Was my first hike I think. Took me a couple hours but was not crowded and great view from the top. Now that I am more experienced I really want to go back and do it again.