Short Springs State Natural Area Trail

MODERATE
Tullahoma, TN
true
Short Springs State Natural Area Trail is a 1.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Tullahoma, TN that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

kid friendly birding hiking nature trips scenic driving trail running walking forest river views waterfall wild flowers wildlife
Hide Map

Kendra K.
1 hour ago

Amanda Holt

2 Completed0 Reviews

Absolutely beautiful! I agree, its not very clear which falls are which, and beware you're more than likely going to get your feet wet. Overall, it was a great Sunday hike and we'll definitely go back!

Stacey Slater

Kristen Richard

1 Completed0 Reviews

The trails were medium hard. Machine Falls was beautiful. It was awesome to stand directly in front of the falls and they have some rock climbing you could possibly do up the waterfall. Adams falls did not have a trail leading directly to it. All in all, it was lovely. Great first hike of the season!

Thresa Glass

1 Completed0 Reviews

My husband and I did this today! I really loved it! The scenery is great! A must see for anyone who likes to hike!

Jenny Williams

26 Completed5 Reviews

I took my 2 boys, ages 3 and 6. We had such a great time! The boys loved hiking through the water a bit to get to the falls. Beautiful spot for sure, we'll be back!

Cody Raper

4 Completed0 Reviews

Had a great time on this trail even though it was raining. A lot of beautiful scenery and the trails were marked clearly. I give it a moderate level for difficulty but I'm also not in the best shape

James Hoffman

4 Completed0 Reviews

Well maintained trails. I likes the novel idea of the wood planks secured by cables that keep them from washing downstream after heavy rains.
Certainly a very lovely patch of Tennessee.

Taylor Mosley

3 Completed0 Reviews

Absolutely beautiful. Can't wait to explore again.

Kae Roberts

10 Completed0 Reviews

I took the advice below and hiked all the offshoots for a total of 6 miles. I took the advice below and hiked all the offshoots for a total of 6 miles. This was one of the best local hikes I've ever had. you can take as much or as little as you want, there is a great Variety in the trails. be prepared to do a little rock hopping or possibly getting your feet wet.

Michelle Johnson

1 Completed0 Reviews

Had a great day! Fun hike for me and my Toy Aussie! Lots of beauty to take in...

Monte Seymour

56 Completed22 Reviews

A very well maintained and marked trail that is well worth the time and effort to see with Machine Falls and Bobo Creek must see and enjoy areas. There is also an abundance of wild flowers.

a j

2 Completed0 Reviews

Great Hike day after Old Stones Fort!

Derenda Sircy

12 Completed0 Reviews

The trail is great. Very well marked but can be a little confusing at times. It is well worth the effort to do the entire 4 miles and see Busby Falls as well as Machine Falls.

Justin Barr

6 Completed3 Reviews

Daphne Molnar

Jaime Nelson

4 Completed2 Reviews

Great hike. No complaints here. Pretty easy with a couple inclines here in there. Great access to the falls. Make sure you take the Adams Falls Trail to see Adam's Falls you have to hook up back around once you get to the creek to make sure you see it on the left-hand side of the river. Also there is a nice fall on the wildflower Trail Loop. My recommendation is to do all off shoots it's still under 4-5 miles but with plenty of places to stop and hang out. Can't wait to come back in the summer when I can get in the water.

James H.

Machine Falls loop is a fairly easy loop with a connector trail to join the inbound and outbound sides. The last portions down to the falls are relatively steep and require some attention from hikers to avoid injury but nothing very hard. There are also two small off-shoot trails that allow access to the two high points above the falls. Great location for photographs and leisurely hiking for most all ages.

Liza Jo Kitchens

1 Completed1 Reviews

absolutely loved this area! beautiful and a great hike!

Sandy K

3 Completed1 Reviews

I hiked Short Springs with my almost 5-month-old pup. The area was easy to find with plenty of parking space. Trails were in good shape and well marked. I was weary about the aforementioned stairs to Bobo Creek but the pup and I maneuvered them without problem. What amazing scenery. I spent hours photographing at the bottom of Machine Falls and along the Busby Loop trail. It's a 2-hr drive but well worth the return trip this Spring.