Short Springs State Natural Area Hike Trail

Tullahoma, TN

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Short Springs State Natural Area Hike Trail is a 2.9 mile loop trail located near Tullahoma, Tennessee and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

Icon_7cbb510c2ad8cd80f6e70555f44ac2db

1 Completed 1 Reviews

First time here and both my wife and I really enjoyed it. It was a bit crowded due to Labor Day weekend, but we did get a bit of time alone at Machine Falls before some larger groups showed up. Busby Falls was nice also and is really more of a series of smaller waterfalls. We also did a bit of geocaching while were were here and had a few finds relatively close to the trails. There are others we did not get to, so we will be back!

Icon_

10 Completed 5 Reviews

Went today with the wife and kids for the first time. Definitely worth the trip. We enjoyed Busby falls just as much as Machine falls.

11 Completed 1 Reviews

One of my favorite hiking spots. Beautiful falls and great creek walking.

1 Completed 1 Reviews

Cool off at the Falls! Nice Walk!

10 Completed 2 Reviews

Machine Falls is worth the trip itself - beautiful spot.

Person_placeholder

1 Completed 1 Reviews

the kids loved it. I have a 7 & 9 year old. kind of treacherous in a few spots and it made me nervous to be hiking with the little ones but worth it.

3 Completed 1 Reviews

This trail is really great, and the falls are totally worth seeing. If you venture towards the wildflower trail, there are some great views of the river too.

4 Completed 1 Reviews

I love it here. My husband and I actually got married at Machine Falls last year.

Icon_

9 Completed 5 Reviews

Only made it to machine falls because we only had a short time, but it was absolutely beautiful. Can't wait to go back when it is all green and the flowers are in full bloom and hike the whole trail.

Person_placeholder

4 Completed 5 Reviews

Have been to this area numerous times. Good trail during middle of summer due to cold water falls. There are several places to get cool in the fast flowing cold streams @ bottom of falls. The descent to machine falls is steep , small children will need help down and back up, but the falls are worth the climb. Most of the year you can ditch the trail and hike up the dry creek bed adding another 1/2 mile +.Numerous small falls on route to busby falls. If taking trail near creek you will want to keep a short leash on children due to several drop offs , some significant. Nice in late fall also. In more than a dozen visits have seen other hikers only once . You can also take partial trail hikes to shorten the distance , as the different trails loop and meet @ a few points. Dont be afraid to stray from main trails as I have found decent hikes on trails not marked also.

Support