Short Springs State Natural Area Trail

MODERATE
Tullahoma, TN
Short Springs State Natural Area Trail is a 1.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Tullahoma, TN that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

dogs on leash kid friendly birding hiking nature trips scenic driving trail running walking forest river views waterfall wild flowers wildlife
Hide Map

Sabrina Harrell

1 Completed1 Reviews

this was an amazing way to spend a Saturday afternoon with the family. The waterfall was beautiful.

Kelly Brunelle

26 Completed4 Reviews

Mckenzie Riley

3 Completed3 Reviews

Machine falls was awesome!
Very secluded.

Lisa B

43 Completed12 Reviews

Beautiful hike! Stay left and take the purple/blue route. We did all the loops and a few spur trails. There is a spur trail to get to the top of the falls that is worth the trip off the white trail. We did this one on our way out. Machine Falls is magnificent!

Amy Fly-Hall

9 Completed9 Reviews

Kendra K.

Amanda Holt

2 Completed1 Reviews

Absolutely beautiful! I agree, its not very clear which falls are which, and beware you're more than likely going to get your feet wet. Overall, it was a great Sunday hike and we'll definitely go back!

Stacey Slater

Kristen Richard

1 Completed1 Reviews

The trails were medium hard. Machine Falls was beautiful. It was awesome to stand directly in front of the falls and they have some rock climbing you could possibly do up the waterfall. Adams falls did not have a trail leading directly to it. All in all, it was lovely. Great first hike of the season!

Thresa Glass

1 Completed1 Reviews

My husband and I did this today! I really loved it! The scenery is great! A must see for anyone who likes to hike!

Jenny Williams

26 Completed13 Reviews

I took my 2 boys, ages 3 and 6. We had such a great time! The boys loved hiking through the water a bit to get to the falls. Beautiful spot for sure, we'll be back!

Cody Raper

4 Completed4 Reviews

Had a great time on this trail even though it was raining. A lot of beautiful scenery and the trails were marked clearly. I give it a moderate level for difficulty but I'm also not in the best shape

James Hoffman

4 Completed3 Reviews

Well maintained trails. I likes the novel idea of the wood planks secured by cables that keep them from washing downstream after heavy rains.
Certainly a very lovely patch of Tennessee.

Taylor Mosley

4 Completed1 Reviews

Absolutely beautiful. Can't wait to explore again.

Kae Roberts

12 Completed1 Reviews

I took the advice below and hiked all the offshoots for a total of 6 miles. I took the advice below and hiked all the offshoots for a total of 6 miles. This was one of the best local hikes I've ever had. you can take as much or as little as you want, there is a great Variety in the trails. be prepared to do a little rock hopping or possibly getting your feet wet.

Michelle Johnson

1 Completed1 Reviews

Had a great day! Fun hike for me and my Toy Aussie! Lots of beauty to take in...

Monte Seymour

58 Completed24 Reviews

A very well maintained and marked trail that is well worth the time and effort to see with Machine Falls and Bobo Creek must see and enjoy areas. There is also an abundance of wild flowers.

a j

2 Completed2 Reviews

Great Hike day after Old Stones Fort!

Derenda Sircy

12 Completed1 Reviews

The trail is great. Very well marked but can be a little confusing at times. It is well worth the effort to do the entire 4 miles and see Busby Falls as well as Machine Falls.

Justin Barr