Short Springs State Natural Area Hike Trail

Tullahoma, TN

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Short Springs State Natural Area Hike Trail is a 2.9 mile loop trail located near Tullahoma, Tennessee and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Adaire Mohiuddin (117)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Machine Falls was amazing. Up and down climb but well worth it!!

Nathan Steils (120)

6 Completed4 Reviews

Great trail. I recommend going left on the loop from the trailhead to avoid an intense climb out. Be prepared to get your feet wet to get to Machine Falls - you have to navigate up the creek to get a view. If you are feeling very froggy, you can scramble up the right side of the falls and rejoin the trail. Great trail - already looking forward to going back.

Thomas Ballard (26)

1 Completed1 Reviews

First time here and both my wife and I really enjoyed it. It was a bit crowded due to Labor Day weekend, but we did get a bit of time alone at Machine Falls before some larger groups showed up. Busby Falls was nice also and is really more of a series of smaller waterfalls. We also did a bit of geocaching while were were here and had a few finds relatively close to the trails. There are others we did not get to, so we will be back!

Erik H (386)

18 Completed7 Reviews

Went today with the wife and kids for the first time. Definitely worth the trip. We enjoyed Busby falls just as much as Machine falls.

Houston Merriman (218)

11 Completed1 Reviews

One of my favorite hiking spots. Beautiful falls and great creek walking.

Scott Varney (57)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Cool off at the Falls! Nice Walk!

david huckeby (399)

14 Completed7 Reviews

Machine Falls is worth the trip itself - beautiful spot.

Memphis Rudder (37)

1 Completed1 Reviews

the kids loved it. I have a 7 & 9 year old. kind of treacherous in a few spots and it made me nervous to be hiking with the little ones but worth it.

Jackiie Rippee (152)

3 Completed1 Reviews

This trail is really great, and the falls are totally worth seeing. If you venture towards the wildflower trail, there are some great views of the river too.

Christina Molloy (72)

4 Completed1 Reviews

I love it here. My husband and I actually got married at Machine Falls last year.

Support