Pocket Wilderness

Dayton, TN

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Quiet falls awaits you with great overlook views to be enjoyed on this trail. Beautiful scenery. Great place for a family hike.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Joseph McGowan (86)

1 Completed1 Reviews

I adore this park. Even though I live in Hawaii now, Laurel/Snow Falls Pocket Wilderness remains my favorite place ever to hike. The multiple cliff faces, overlooks, bouldering fields, rocky creeks, abandoned coal mines, swimming holes, and interesting wildlife make this park a winner. There are always more side-trails and geographic features to explore.

Michael Curry (717)

15 Completed14 Reviews

This is an EPIC TRAIL! It has many places to camp and a lot of adventurous places. The rocks running across the river and near Laurel Falls are SUPER FUN to climb around on. Take an entire day to explore this area. It's well worth it!

Nicole Lawson (138)

4 Completed4 Reviews

Nice day trail that hikes up to a beautiful waterfall.

Gerry Hallcox (198)

10 Completed5 Reviews

Nice walk along stream before you start on switch backs up Mtn . Pretty scenery but trail is rocky, huge boulders and nice falls. I will go back sometime.

David Resmondo (92)

2 Completed2 Reviews

second hike with my squaw and we made it to laurel falls great hike...beautiful place..dogs loved it and so did we......oh i love u Robin

Evan Fortune (81)

1 Completed1 Reviews

I attend Bryan College, which is about ten minutes from Pocket, and I do a lot of trail running. Really good trails, well traveled and well maintained. Pocket is a great place for it--I recommend a run up to Buzzard's and back. A good ten miles.

Daniel Wilburn (95)

0 Completed1 Reviews

Very peaceful hike, many improvements in trail quality over the last time I hiked it, two years ago.

Support