Big Cedar Wilderness Trail

Dallas, TX

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Big Cedar Wilderness Trail is a 13 mile loop trail located on the property of Mountain Creek Church. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for mountain biking. Includes over 21 miles of trail systems.

Located on the property of Mountain Creek Church, 5950 Eagle Ford, Dallas, Texas 75249. From I-20 take Mountain Creek Parkway South to Eagle Ford. Turn left on Eagle Ford. Turn right on Prayer Mountain Lane. Follow the paved road until it becomes a gravel parking lot at the electrical power sub-station. Entrance to BCWT is to the back, right of the fence surrounding the sub-station. Look for the Trailhead sign

Flush Toilets (located near and in the church), Two Picnic Areas, Grills, Two Playgrounds, Two Observation Decks, Stocked Fishing Pond (catch and release only), Camping By Permission, Water Available.

Person_placeholder

Steve Dymond

10 Completed 4 Reviews

This is great place to mountain bike! Trails to suit every riding level. Amazing amount of work done create a great riding experience. 20+ miles of trail and more coming. Great experience definitely going back and would recommend this trail to ANY mountain biker. Great job DORBA!

Icon_8ecf1be8c3504c463c1e11105beafcac

28 Completed 29 Reviews

I thought it was a great hike for Dallas. Very well groomed and it's very easy. My dogs and I just did the Ranger loop though. We will go back and do some of the other trails that are off the Ranger loop.

2 Completed 2 Reviews

This is a big place with multi trails cut and rehab'd for bikers. I took my dogs here and its very friendly but bikers go 90 mph. week days are best for hikers. i prob won't return. not scenic for a repeat. But its a good trial for first time.

18 Completed 8 Reviews

A little tricky to find; trails start at a parking lot at the back of Mountain Creek Church. Hiking here was very nice, especially on the SOS trail. It's one of the few places in the north Texas area where you can get some elevation change. Trails seemed to be mainly used for mountain bikers, which were very courteous and no problem to share the trails with.

4 Completed 4 Reviews

We took the white "Ranger" or "main loop" and it was about 5.5 miles from car back to car. The trail was well maintained, lots of bikers on Sunday afternoon but overall a great hike. Not as hilly as I had expected but the other trails may be from the look of it. Will be going back!

5 Completed 2 Reviews

great trail, lot's of climbing.

34 Completed 14 Reviews

Vast trail system with lots of variety. Descents are fun but climbs are killers. Has several unique elements like riding thru a tunnel that is almost pitch black. Even has a real FR section almost at the very end. Be prepared for a serious work out.

4 Completed 1 Reviews

Had a blast at this trail my new fav!!!!!!! Soon as I got there and sighed the waiver a guy popped up and asked have I ever been here before and asked where I've been riding. Had no clue who the guy was very friendly and told me I could ride with him. To make a long ride short this was the guy who built the trails "Shadow" and ill tell u he took me on a ride by the time we made it back I was ready for a nap but instead loved the trail so much I went one more round by my self. He even gave me a peek at the trail he's currently working on and it's going to be a nice trail when completed. 45min drive for me is worth it ill be out here every chance I get! Thanks Shadow for the tour.

3 Completed 2 Reviews

Great trail system. Well maintained and lots of variety. Will definitely be going back. It's so vast I didn't really come across many other people as I thought I would considering how awesome this place is.

Person_placeholder

1 Completed 1 Reviews

I'm the guy building this trail. Glad you are enjoying it. We were blessed with being asked to built a trail on this beautiful piece of land. One interesting fact, you are on the highest point in the city of Dallas while on South by Southwest.

The Trail is now around 20 miles with the opening of a new extention to the main Ranger Loop. We are working on the next loop "Emerald Creek Loop" now. It will be mostly very flat and flowy as it traverses up one side of a creek, around a lake and back down the other creekside.....it will have some truely beautiful views. You will pass under a road (120 yards) to get to it through a 6ft square pipe which you will exit above the creek.....truely unique.

Support