Big Cedar Wilderness Trail

MODERATE
l>
Big Cedar Wilderness Trail is a 6.4 mile loop trail located near Dallas, TX that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

dog friendly birding hiking mountain biking trail running walking old growth rocky wild flowers
Hide Map

Located on the property of Mountain Creek Church, 5950 Eagle Ford, Dallas, Texas 75249. From I-20 take Mountain Creek Parkway South to Eagle Ford. Turn left on Eagle Ford. Turn right on Prayer Mountain Lane. Follow the paved road until it becomes a gravel parking lot at the electrical power sub-station. Entrance to BCWT is to the back, right of the fence surrounding the sub-station. Look for the Trailhead sign

Cyndi Proctor

1 Completed0 Reviews

Beautiful! Note that it opens at 1:00pm on Sunday's bc of the church and is closed on Mondays.

Jared O'Brien

Bit of everything

Wesley Trammel

1 Completed1 Reviews

Great. Dense forest and curving trails.

Trina A.

The trails are amazing! Beautiful and vast. Easy to get lost if you switch from trail to trail but that is what makes it so fun. Being that it is on church property, you will run in to a few scriptures which, for me, were quite inspiring. My little boy went with and he led the way joyfully. Definitely a great place to keep the family from getting bored with the different types of terrain, altitude, and views. The only issue I noticed was the tendency for folks to throw their trash on the ground. Very disappointing to see on such well-maintained trails in one of the very few places left that are undeveloped in the area. So please be responsible and don't litter! We will for sure be going again and again.

Melanie Heid

Pope M.

Thanks to George and Ben for letting me hang with them on the ranger loop. My first time here and it was a killer ride. Lots of technical stuff, fast downhills and lung busting hills. I'll be back soon.

Vanessa McKnight

47 Completed49 Reviews

Really enjoyed the few miles of trail I had time for today. I had forgotten that we had a big storm blow thru the night before, the trail had a nice spongy feel to it without mud sticking to my shoes. It was difficult for me to determine if the downed trees and branches were from the previous days storm or had been that way for a while. The portion of trail I was on was completely barricaded by a large tree near where it crosses the drive up to the church.

Steve D.

This is great place to mountain bike! Trails to suit every riding level. Amazing amount of work done create a great riding experience. 20+ miles of trail and more coming. Great experience definitely going back and would recommend this trail to ANY mountain biker. Great job DORBA!

Grant Myers

28 Completed29 Reviews

I thought it was a great hike for Dallas. Very well groomed and it's very easy. My dogs and I just did the Ranger loop though. We will go back and do some of the other trails that are off the Ranger loop.

Tom Passmore

2 Completed2 Reviews

This is a big place with multi trails cut and rehab'd for bikers. I took my dogs here and its very friendly but bikers go 90 mph. week days are best for hikers. i prob won't return. not scenic for a repeat. But its a good trial for first time.