Dinosaur Valley State Park Hiking Trails

#1 of 3 trails in Dinosaur Valley State Park

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Dinosaur Valley State Park Hiking Trails is a 7 mile loop trail located near Glen Rose, Texas that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from November until April.

Directions from Glen Rose, TX: Travel 4 miles west. Take US Highway 67 to FM 205 for 4 miles to Park Road 59; then go one mile to the headquarters. There is an honor box located at headquarters for collecting fees after office hours.

Texas Tourism Division, P.O. Box 12728 , Austin, TX, 78711-2728, Phone: 800-452-9292

3 Completed 3 Reviews

Love this place. Great trail, and great scenic views. Worth going back.

23 Completed 23 Reviews

I absolutely LOVE this place! The trails are fun and provide a challenge. Much of the time we trek up the river bed whether its full or dry. Ultimately I prefer the park in early spring when the river has enough water to prevent it from standing, and it is far less crowded since many groups show up for the thrill of Dino Prints.

Kids absolutely LOVE it too!!

1 Completed 1 Reviews

1 Completed 1 Reviews

This is a very fun hike for all ages. Each time I've done it, it was overnight. There are some nice spots to camp if you decide to do so. The dinosaur tracks are an added bonus to a very nice relaxed hike. I'll continue to visit going forward as this is one of the more enjoyable hikes near DFW.

4 Completed 4 Reviews

Was beautiful! Came across two very large snakes many large spiders but the scenery was worth it.

5 Completed 5 Reviews

Great place for a family or couple. We went early in the morning and took the long trail around (blue I think?). Mostly dirt pack with field stones. Few good hills, rises, etc. some views were better then others but it's really neat to think about what's been there before you. Overall a great example of what I would call Texas hill country. Go early or the heat will force you to leave too! Course since you're in TX you already know that.

17 Completed 7 Reviews

I give the whole trail system 5 stars because there are so many varied trails winding, ascending, descending, through creek beds, trees, open grass, across the Paluxy River etc. Great terrain. Lots to see. Many rabbit trails to wonder off and explore! Lots of shade, a few great views and vistas. I have hiked and mountain biked these trails. Excellent for both. Enjoy God's great outdoors!

2 Completed 1 Reviews

While we spent most of our time around the river, my family loved the option of getting wet anytime the trail got to hot. There are a few spots off the beaten path that are some what tricky, but the adventure was fun.

Person_placeholder

2 Completed 2 Reviews

Great place to train! You go up rocky trails, down smooth sandy areas, walk through tree dense areas, over bridges and if the river is up, practice crossing a river.

Icon_d0b6d35916bb71e69514210d5d2f44f3

48 Completed 53 Reviews

We hiked this park in October of 2008 and had a great time. We got some good info from the Ranger and followed the main trail down to the river where we found some very remarkably preserved dinosaur tracks. We then went up the hill and got some good views above the river. Great day and great family hike. I would recommend combining the hiking with a day or two of camping at the park.

Support