Dinosaur Valley State Park Hiking Trails

#1 of 3 trails in Dinosaur Valley State Park

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Dinosaur Valley State Park Hiking Trails is a 7 mile loop trail located near Glen Rose, Texas that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from November until April.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Kat Westbrook (36)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Wonderful trails! Hiked the cedar brake outer loop (~7.5mi.) then connected to two of the shorter inner trails to finish up and get some good views of sauropod and theropod tracks. Decent elevation changes provide a good workout, but I suggest taking your time to soak in the scenery and rummage around for fossils and tracks.

Robert Dodge (218)

18 Completed6 Reviews

Outstanding!!! Between the history of the Dino tracks, the awesome scenery, and the great trails, I would put this in my top THREE favorite Mountain Bike destinations! Copper Harbor, MI is my favorite, that being said this place is awesome! I took the outer (dorba) loop about 7-8 miles and then did three of the inner loops for a total of about 15 miles. It hit triple digits that day and I went through 120 oz. of water! Be prepared for your trip. Highly recommend this place!!!!!

Jared Shipwash (236)

5 Completed4 Reviews

Love this place. Great trail, and great scenic views. Worth going back.

Vanessa McKnight (1271)

26 Completed26 Reviews

I absolutely LOVE this place! The trails are fun and provide a challenge. Much of the time we trek up the river bed whether its full or dry. Ultimately I prefer the park in early spring when the river has enough water to prevent it from standing, and it is far less crowded since many groups show up for the thrill of Dino Prints. Kids absolutely LOVE it too!!

Stephanie McMinn (94)

Nigel Loch (81)

1 Completed1 Reviews

This is a very fun hike for all ages. Each time I've done it, it was overnight. There are some nice spots to camp if you decide to do so. The dinosaur tracks are an added bonus to a very nice relaxed hike. I'll continue to visit going forward as this is one of the more enjoyable hikes near DFW.

LaDonna Poindexter (122)

4 Completed4 Reviews

Was beautiful! Came across two very large snakes many large spiders but the scenery was worth it.

Nick Henning (112)

5 Completed5 Reviews

Great place for a family or couple. We went early in the morning and took the long trail around (blue I think?). Mostly dirt pack with field stones. Few good hills, rises, etc. some views were better then others but it's really neat to think about what's been there before you. Overall a great example of what I would call Texas hill country. Go early or the heat will force you to leave too! Course since you're in TX you already know that.

Jason McFadden (226)

17 Completed7 Reviews

I give the whole trail system 5 stars because there are so many varied trails winding, ascending, descending, through creek beds, trees, open grass, across the Paluxy River etc. Great terrain. Lots to see. Many rabbit trails to wonder off and explore! Lots of shade, a few great views and vistas. I have hiked and mountain biked these trails. Excellent for both. Enjoy God's great outdoors!

Darren Anderson (99)

2 Completed1 Reviews

While we spent most of our time around the river, my family loved the option of getting wet anytime the trail got to hot. There are a few spots off the beaten path that are some what tricky, but the adventure was fun.

Support