Knob Hills Trail

#1 of 1 trails in North Shore Park

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Knob Hills Trail is a 11 mile out and back trail located near Roanoke, Texas that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

11 Completed 11 Reviews

I thoroughly enjoyed this trail due to the speed I was able to catch. be careful if mapping from the dorba website as it will take you to a different entrance.

I completed the 14 miles in 1.5 hours and stopped about 3 times.

Do be careful as several passages are 2 way and if you're the type to listen to music with both earphones you may not hear the other bikers coming.

much further out in comparison to northshore and horseshoe but worth the drive.

C R

2 Completed 1 Reviews

Out and back trail for bikes. Both ends of trail have some good hills rocks roots etc. The middle section is flat. Not as challenging as northshore but much less crowded.

4 Completed 4 Reviews

This trail is great in the beginning, but it gets boring when you reach the flat section.

2 Completed 1 Reviews

Great trail for a couple who hasn't hiked in a couple years! We liked it!

5 Completed 6 Reviews

Good trail. There are sections for beginners and tougher sections. It's not really technical in the sense of tight turns and crazy hill drops or anything, but some paths are pretty rocky and hard to navigate. LOTS OF SNAKES!! The trail takes you through many cool scenery experiences, from a forest to riding the rim along a Texas creek. Definitely a great trail for beginner since there is pretty much everything you'll need to train on. Good outing!

Icon_

4 Completed 5 Reviews

Not a huge fan of this trail. But, it is good for what it is, which is either a running trail or a beginner MTB trail, in my opinion. My friend and I ride North Shore (in Flower Mound) a lot, and decided to go here just to mix it up. We were both pretty disappointed. I guess we simply had false expectations. However, like I said, if you are a runner or a beginner mountain biker, this is a good trail for you. It is pretty well marked, but not very well groomed. Anyway, once you get past the "beginner" stage on your bike, head to North Shore in Flower Mound. It's not far away at all and will give you so many more options.

4 Completed 3 Reviews

I did a little over 5 miles on this trail today (8/18/13). It was busier than I expected based on what I'd read about it, but not so busy that it was problematic. The first mile or so out is through a wooded area, with lots of ups and downs (my trekking poles came in handy!), then the trail flattens and gets sunny. Both the guidebook I have and the alltrails map indicate a side trail that leads to the water, but I couldn't find it. The final mile back to the trailhead is wonderful, hilly with interesting views. I didn't see any wildlife other than a squirrel and a cardinal. I almost got a great pic of a butterfly, but a mountain biker showed up at just the wrong moment! All in all, I like this trail, but it's a 20 mile drive from my house, so probably not one I will frequent.

Icon_

11 Completed 5 Reviews

First time on this trail. Fun and fast trail, good intro to people interested in trail running with a good running background. After running other trails at Lake Ray Roberts, I found this trail to be a bit flat. The scenery varies which gives it a plus on my book. It is not a loop trail so just keep an eye out for mtn bikes. Overall, good experience. Will go back and explore more paths.

93 Completed 3 Reviews

This is a fun trail with a lot of variety in the surroundings and even some views from the knob this trail is named for.

Most of the trail is pretty easy on MTB but there are a few challenging spots, including one that I have not cleared yet: a climb from a creek finished with some rock stairs.

16 Completed 16 Reviews

I liked this trail! Not very well marked on the back side and with the side growth it could be really dangerous with two way traffic but def a fun trail!

Support