Knob Hills Trail

#1 of 1 trails in North Shore Park

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Knob Hills Trail is a 11 mile out and back trail located near Roanoke, Texas that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Chris Schell (48)

2 Completed2 Reviews

We use this trail a lot. It's nice but the mountain bikers are all over the trail

Cara Diaconoff (302)

5 Completed1 Reviews

Even though road traffic is audible, it still feels like getting away. I liked the riverbank trail and the relative lack of other people.

Derek Jett (708)

23 Completed21 Reviews

From 377 I ran out 3 and back. Great trail. Well marked. Some changes in terrain and scenery. Not too crowded. I saw about 6 people in an hour. Great views of river. Nice surface for running.

Austin Deras (49)

2 Completed2 Reviews

Great trail for all skill levels! It takes me about 50 min to complete the entire 10 miles! WATCH OUT FOR SNAKES AND OTHER RIDERS due to two way traffic! (trail is not labeled well you may get turned around if your new)

Robert Dodge (243)

18 Completed6 Reviews

I liked this trail for the speed you get for most of the trail. The scenery varies from wooded area to open and slight hills! I had a good time on this trail but IMO there are much better options. I DO NOT like the two way traffic as I almost hit another biker head on around a blind corner. Be careful and loose the earbuds. I prefer single track. Not very well marked, I took a path and ended up on a roadway, used GPS to get back on track.

Steve D. (99)

I am new to the DFW area and have mountain biked several trails around the metroplex. Knob hills is one of my favorites. Offers a good workout in the beginning and end on the singletrack a long flat in the middle lets you open it up a little.The trail is well maintained and a new section opened up a few days ago. The new area offers a few drops and climbs and a lot of turns definitely added some fun to the trail. Will continue to use this trail as it is not real crowded(yet). Good for beginners and intermediate riders.

Pierre-Alexander Khordoc (286)

12 Completed11 Reviews

I thoroughly enjoyed this trail due to the speed I was able to catch. be careful if mapping from the dorba website as it will take you to a different entrance.

I completed the 14 miles in 1.5 hours and stopped about 3 times.

Do be careful as several passages are 2 way and if you're the type to listen to music with both earphones you may not hear the other bikers coming.

much further out in comparison to northshore and horseshoe but worth the drive.

C R. (177)

Out and back trail for bikes. Both ends of trail have some good hills rocks roots etc. The middle section is flat. Not as challenging as northshore but much less crowded.

Dakota Stonebrook (157)

5 Completed5 Reviews

This trail is great in the beginning, but it gets boring when you reach the flat section.

Brandee Thompson (137)

2 Completed1 Reviews

Great trail for a couple who hasn't hiked in a couple years! We liked it!

Support