Knob Hills Trail

#1 of 1 trails in North Shore Park
Knob Hills Trail is a 11 mile out and back trail located near Roanoke, Texas that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

9.56 miles Out & Back 550 feet
birding fishing hiking beach blowdown bridge out
Hide Map

Shannon Guerrero

1 Completed1 Reviews

Trail is now open again as of last week.

David Jared

7 Completed1 Reviews

This is a great trail, but please remember that the trail is currently closed to all traffic due to flooding. Using it now will damage it further. Trail work will begin sometime in the fall.

Jessica Kreais

2 Completed2 Reviews

I loved the beautiful wildflowers. The trail did not have much traffic, which is a great relief considering how most of the trails around here are right the opposite. There were a few hills. I would say this is a great hike for any beginner. Make sure you pack plenty of water and bug spray!

Chris Schell

2 Completed2 Reviews

We use this trail a lot. It's nice but the mountain bikers are all over the trail

Cara Diaconoff

5 Completed1 Reviews

Even though road traffic is audible, it still feels like getting away. I liked the riverbank trail and the relative lack of other people.

Derek Jett

30 Completed28 Reviews

From 377 I ran out 3 and back. Great trail. Well marked. Some changes in terrain and scenery. Not too crowded. I saw about 6 people in an hour. Great views of river. Nice surface for running.

Austin Deras

2 Completed2 Reviews

Great trail for all skill levels! It takes me about 50 min to complete the entire 10 miles! WATCH OUT FOR SNAKES AND OTHER RIDERS due to two way traffic! (trail is not labeled well you may get turned around if your new)

Robert Dodge

18 Completed6 Reviews

I liked this trail for the speed you get for most of the trail. The scenery varies from wooded area to open and slight hills! I had a good time on this trail but IMO there are much better options. I DO NOT like the two way traffic as I almost hit another biker head on around a blind corner. Be careful and loose the earbuds. I prefer single track. Not very well marked, I took a path and ended up on a roadway, used GPS to get back on track.

Steve D.

I am new to the DFW area and have mountain biked several trails around the metroplex. Knob hills is one of my favorites. Offers a good workout in the beginning and end on the singletrack a long flat in the middle lets you open it up a little.The trail is well maintained and a new section opened up a few days ago. The new area offers a few drops and climbs and a lot of turns definitely added some fun to the trail. Will continue to use this trail as it is not real crowded(yet). Good for beginners and intermediate riders.

Pierre-Alexander Khordoc

12 Completed11 Reviews

I thoroughly enjoyed this trail due to the speed I was able to catch. be careful if mapping from the dorba website as it will take you to a different entrance.

I completed the 14 miles in 1.5 hours and stopped about 3 times.

Do be careful as several passages are 2 way and if you're the type to listen to music with both earphones you may not hear the other bikers coming.

much further out in comparison to northshore and horseshoe but worth the drive.