Knob Hills Trail

#1 of 1 trails in North Shore Park

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Knob Hills Trail is a 11 mile out and back trail located near Roanoke, Texas that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Austin Deras (49)

2 Completed2 Reviews

Great trail for all skill levels! It takes me about 50 min to complete the entire 10 miles! WATCH OUT FOR SNAKES AND OTHER RIDERS due to two way traffic! (trail is not labeled well you may get turned around if your new)

Robert Dodge (243)

18 Completed6 Reviews

I liked this trail for the speed you get for most of the trail. The scenery varies from wooded area to open and slight hills! I had a good time on this trail but IMO there are much better options. I DO NOT like the two way traffic as I almost hit another biker head on around a blind corner. Be careful and loose the earbuds. I prefer single track. Not very well marked, I took a path and ended up on a roadway, used GPS to get back on track.

Steve D. (99)

I am new to the DFW area and have mountain biked several trails around the metroplex. Knob hills is one of my favorites. Offers a good workout in the beginning and end on the singletrack a long flat in the middle lets you open it up a little.The trail is well maintained and a new section opened up a few days ago. The new area offers a few drops and climbs and a lot of turns definitely added some fun to the trail. Will continue to use this trail as it is not real crowded(yet). Good for beginners and intermediate riders.

Pierre-Alexander Khordoc (241)

12 Completed11 Reviews

I thoroughly enjoyed this trail due to the speed I was able to catch. be careful if mapping from the dorba website as it will take you to a different entrance.

I completed the 14 miles in 1.5 hours and stopped about 3 times.

Do be careful as several passages are 2 way and if you're the type to listen to music with both earphones you may not hear the other bikers coming.

much further out in comparison to northshore and horseshoe but worth the drive.

C R. (177)

Out and back trail for bikes. Both ends of trail have some good hills rocks roots etc. The middle section is flat. Not as challenging as northshore but much less crowded.

Dakota Stonebrook (157)

5 Completed5 Reviews

This trail is great in the beginning, but it gets boring when you reach the flat section.

Brandee Thompson (137)

2 Completed1 Reviews

Great trail for a couple who hasn't hiked in a couple years! We liked it!

Evan Stewart (220)

5 Completed6 Reviews

Good trail. There are sections for beginners and tougher sections. It's not really technical in the sense of tight turns and crazy hill drops or anything, but some paths are pretty rocky and hard to navigate. LOTS OF SNAKES!! The trail takes you through many cool scenery experiences, from a forest to riding the rim along a Texas creek. Definitely a great trail for beginner since there is pretty much everything you'll need to train on. Good outing!

Austin Little (155)

4 Completed5 Reviews

Not a huge fan of this trail. But, it is good for what it is, which is either a running trail or a beginner MTB trail, in my opinion. My friend and I ride North Shore (in Flower Mound) a lot, and decided to go here just to mix it up. We were both pretty disappointed. I guess we simply had false expectations. However, like I said, if you are a runner or a beginner mountain biker, this is a good trail for you. It is pretty well marked, but not very well groomed. Anyway, once you get past the "beginner" stage on your bike, head to North Shore in Flower Mound. It's not far away at all and will give you so many more options.

Karen Kaiser (80)

4 Completed3 Reviews

I did a little over 5 miles on this trail today (8/18/13). It was busier than I expected based on what I'd read about it, but not so busy that it was problematic. The first mile or so out is through a wooded area, with lots of ups and downs (my trekking poles came in handy!), then the trail flattens and gets sunny. Both the guidebook I have and the alltrails map indicate a side trail that leads to the water, but I couldn't find it. The final mile back to the trailhead is wonderful, hilly with interesting views. I didn't see any wildlife other than a squirrel and a cardinal. I almost got a great pic of a butterfly, but a mountain biker showed up at just the wrong moment! All in all, I like this trail, but it's a 20 mile drive from my house, so probably not one I will frequent.

Support