Knob Hills Trail

MODERATE
#1 of 1 trails in North Shore Park
l>
Knob Hills Trail is a 9.6 mile out and back trail located near Roanoke, TX that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

birding fishing hiking mountain biking nature trips trail running walking beach blowdown bridge out bugs forest lake over grown river rocky views wild flowers wildlife
Hide Map

Hannah Gregory

1 Completed1 Reviews

As of 1/12/16 the trail is still closed due to mud.

Christina I

2 Completed2 Reviews

Currently closed due to recent flooding. Doesn't look like it'll open anytime soon

Shannon Guerrero

1 Completed1 Reviews

Trail is now open again as of last week.

David Jared

7 Completed1 Reviews

This is a great trail, but please remember that the trail is currently closed to all traffic due to flooding. Using it now will damage it further. Trail work will begin sometime in the fall.

Jessica Kreais

4 Completed2 Reviews

I loved the beautiful wildflowers. The trail did not have much traffic, which is a great relief considering how most of the trails around here are right the opposite. There were a few hills. I would say this is a great hike for any beginner. Make sure you pack plenty of water and bug spray!

Chris Schell

2 Completed2 Reviews

We use this trail a lot. It's nice but the mountain bikers are all over the trail

Cara Diaconoff

5 Completed1 Reviews

Even though road traffic is audible, it still feels like getting away. I liked the riverbank trail and the relative lack of other people.

Derek Jett

36 Completed30 Reviews

From 377 I ran out 3 and back. Great trail. Well marked. Some changes in terrain and scenery. Not too crowded. I saw about 6 people in an hour. Great views of river. Nice surface for running.

Austin Deras

2 Completed2 Reviews

Great trail for all skill levels! It takes me about 50 min to complete the entire 10 miles! WATCH OUT FOR SNAKES AND OTHER RIDERS due to two way traffic! (trail is not labeled well you may get turned around if your new)

Robert Dodge

18 Completed6 Reviews

I liked this trail for the speed you get for most of the trail. The scenery varies from wooded area to open and slight hills! I had a good time on this trail but IMO there are much better options. I DO NOT like the two way traffic as I almost hit another biker head on around a blind corner. Be careful and loose the earbuds. I prefer single track. Not very well marked, I took a path and ended up on a roadway, used GPS to get back on track.