Adams Canyon Trail

Layton, UT

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Adams Canyon Trail is a 3.7 mile out and back trail located near Layton, Utah that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for camping, cross country skiing & hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Sal Guevara (124)

3 Completed1 Reviews

Not too hard. If you are taking kids. Have plenty of water on hand.

Tammara Robinson (37)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Awesome! Cool canyon hike even in the 100 degree temps.

Caleb Manscill (36)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Great hike. We'll do it again.

Katie Arruda (143)

3 Completed3 Reviews

Hiked this Saturday! My dog and I loved it! BUT- the sand on the first .75 miles is REALLY hot. Make sure you go early in the day or bring doggy booties (like I did) so your dog doesnt burn their paws! A little bit of rock scrambling in some parts but a great workout with water for my dog to drink, and the falls were gorgeous. And the shade was great! Just need to get past the .75 miles of hot sand and switch backs.

Great pictures and details on my blog!

Nikole Holmes (44)

Austin Clark (42)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Another great trail in the awesome state of Utah! The 'chairs' up at the top are so cool! I also hiked up to the very top of the ridge, which provided an even more astonishing view of the valley! I found it a little difficult at the beginning, just because there are so many trails, but it wasn't that big of a deal.

Diane Bass (61)

1 Completed1 Reviews

One of my favorite trails, Don't be scared off by the first part with all the switch backs, because once you get past that, the trail is amazing. Makes for some beautiful water pictures.

Julia Lassig (64)

3 Completed2 Reviews

This hike is fantastic! The hike is pretty easy going, until the last 1/4 of a mile or so where you get to climb over rocks. It's not too bad, though! The waterfall is gorgeous!!! Also, this was my first time using this app and I was pleased that it led me straight there!

Kelsie Eilers (36)

It's beautiful!

Jake Vilela (416)

8 Completed3 Reviews

great hike. my brother and I try to do it once a year.

Support