Adams Canyon Trail

Layton, UT

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Adams Canyon Trail is a 3.7 mile out and back trail located near Layton, Utah that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for camping, cross country skiing & hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Breanna Riley (229)

8 Completed5 Reviews

This was a fun morning hike. It was SUPER busy when I got there, but everyone was so spread out, it never felt crowded. I got there at 10:30am and there were about 25 cars and when I left, there was at least 50. It took about an hour and twenty minutes to water =fall and 50 minutes to get back down. You have to do a bit of rock climbing at the end, but the waterfall is worth the extra effort. Also watch out for snakes - there was a nice big one in the sandy area at the beginning of the trail.

paige siler (106)

1 Completed2 Reviews

Such an amazing hike!! My dog loved it.

Katie Halnan (173)

10 Completed3 Reviews

This is a difficult hike but well worth it. I took my dog and 2 kids, 10 years old, and we made it all the way up in about 2 hours. The last half is more rock climbing but it's still fun. There were plenty of people on the trail and I saw plenty of little ones too but I don't think my 6 year old daughter would have even made it half way. If you take your time it's a good challenging trail.

Jason Dionne (61)

3 Completed2 Reviews

Wow, one of the most beautiful hikes I've done in the northern Wasatch front (lived here less than a year!)
The upper end of the canyon can be chilly as it is deep and shaded. Even on a Tuesday there were around 12 cars at the trailhead - don't expect solitude!

Wade Muehlhof (224)

3 Completed1 Reviews

Great time of year for this hike as it was in the 60s and only enough snow and ice to make it interesting.

Scott Trudeau (151)

6 Completed6 Reviews

Completed this hike in the summer. Adams Canyon Trail can get crowded so you may want to save this one for a weekday. The trail can get rocky and at small sections require some easy rock scrambling. Watch for snakes.

Judika T. (138)

Love this hike. Did it yesterday and today ....couldn't make it to the waterfall (almost) because I had my 7month old strapped to me in a Carrier and towards the end it was icy and dangerous (with an infant ). But I heard the waterfall was spectacular....was busy...but people are very friendly !

Daniel Danysh (2159)

26 Completed23 Reviews

On a 60 degree day in mid winter we trekked through the mayhem of hundreds if not 1000s of hikers, families and dogs. It was so busy you needed traffic controllers. Apart from poor timing the hike itself was great. A little tougher than the blue rating I thought because of the constant inclines. Better when you break off the main trail for finding the less traveled road :)

Cameron Mackay (105)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Awesome Hike! No snow at all until the very end, and even then there really wasn't much at all.

Dustin Bessire (90)

5 Completed1 Reviews

I just did this around 11A, and there were 3 others that I ran into within a period of three hours. This was nice, however; the ice for the latter part of the trail was pretty shady. Slipped a few times on the way up and down. Totally worth it to sit alone in the canyon, in the presence of the waterfall and eat some lunch. Little difficult for a beginning hiker, but totally worth it at your own pace. Can't wait to do this one in the summer!

Support