Adams Canyon Trail

MODERATE
Layton, UT
Adams Canyon Trail is a 3.8 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Layton, UT that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from April until December. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

dog friendly camping hiking snowshoeing trail running walking cross country skiing forest river waterfall rocky scramble washed out
Hide Map

Directions from Salt Lake City: Travel north on Highway 89 and take the first right past Oakhills Road (Layton City Water Tank). Take another right (south) on the frontage road. Park at the end of pavement at fenced off reservoir. Trail starts on north side of the reservoir. This trail has good access to the Bonneville Shoreline Trail.

Shawn Isom

49 Completed14 Reviews

Let me start by saying this was an absolutely beautiful hike! The views of the valley and the green hills were awesome. The creek is running very fast and you spend quite a lot of time by it which is nice. Now let me say, if you are a desk jockey like me, this will be a tougher trail. There are pretty good elevation gains and toward the top, you are climbing around the rocks. Nothing scary, just will give you a work out. Once you get near the falls, it is fairly steep and you have to cross the creek to see the actual falls. The best hint I saw on here was to take an extra pair of socks, right now you will need them after crossing. There were lots of people who appeared to be in far better shape than me who didn't appear to have much trouble with this. It was a lot of work for me, but the rewards were definitely worth it.

Arley Sanchez

1 Completed1 Reviews

Amazing hike nothing to crazy definitely one of my favorites.

Jonathan Linville

1 Completed1 Reviews

I hiked this trail with my 12 year old son. We liked it very well. The first half was very easy. It got more difficult as we got closer to the waterfall. In order to see the waterfall at the end we had to wade the creek, but it was well worth it. A spectacular fall! It started raining and hauling on the way back out - making the rocks very slippery. All in all a great hike. It took us about 70 minutes to get to the fall and about 45 minutes to hike back out.

Eni Mark Mason

It was just awesome!!!

Josh Johnson

12 Completed1 Reviews

Great trail. A lot of work with kids but well worth the view! My dog had a blast. Can't wait to do this trail again.

Chauncey Clark

1 Completed1 Reviews

Great hike, very vertical. The end is worth it!

Jon Arends

1 Completed1 Reviews

We are definitely out of shape and still able to do this rugged trail. The waterfall is definitely a reward and worth getting wet for !!!

Don't pass up this beautiful walk with an amazing community of people.

Rachel Mosier

4 Completed4 Reviews

The trail was great! Dog friendly and lots of variety. Heard a lot of good things about the trail, and thought it was time to explore it. It did not disappoint. It was a bit technical towards the top, but worth it. I gave it a four because it was a little to crowded for my taste.

RichnTrish Coleman

3 Completed2 Reviews

Awesome Trail... Should be called up and down not out and back.:-)

Kaetlyn Kelly

Fantastic!!

Pete Slaughter

7 Completed7 Reviews

Beautiful hike in the late afternoon and early evening. Water level was high with the spring runoff. Hike is easy to moderate depending on what kind of shape you are in. On our way out there were are a lot of people on the trail, youth groups, scouts, but everyone was very courteous. Definitely worth the time.

Sarah-Krystyne Eakle

1 Completed1 Reviews

Great hike! I would definitely make sure to bring an extra pair of socks and shoes, as the only way to really see the waterfall is to cross the flow of water. Beautiful scenery. There is a little bit of climbing on rocks to get there, depending on which trail you take, but it was an incredible hike, and I'd definitely go again!

Nikki Nikki Hopkins

1 Completed1 Reviews

It is a great fun family hike. We went 2 weeks ago in early spring. The waterfall was beautiful and full.

John Randles

4 Completed2 Reviews

Fun trail that is well cared for.

Del Bock

2 Completed1 Reviews

Amazing!!

David Hawkss

2 Completed2 Reviews

I liked it a lot and the waterfall was awesome at the end. It took my dog and I an hour and 15 round trip.

Jaimie Babbitt

2 Completed1 Reviews

Loved all the nature and the friendly people on the trail as well!

Alaina McNeely

6 Completed9 Reviews

Alaina McNeely

6 Completed9 Reviews

Jurney Jurney Beans

4 Completed4 Reviews

Nice little hike. 30 min to the falls.