Battle Creek Falls

#12 of 296 trails in Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Battle Creek Falls is a 1.8 mile out and back trail located near Pleasant Grove, Utah that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

1 Completed 1 Reviews

Really liked this trail with the dogs (all dogs on leash). Went midday on a Friday for a quick stretch of legs as we drove through. Only saw four other groups (couples, families). Lots of little paths at the beginning to go on adventures. Be sure to wear sun protection, stable shoes and bring plenty of water.

20 Completed 17 Reviews

A very pleasant simple hike with a bounty of wildlife and water all the way through. A little too busy a trail for me & the dog, but plenty of off-trail jaunts to escape the general tourist streams

4 Completed 2 Reviews

Easy, pretty hike, although I didn't spend much time at the falls because there was a family doing pirate/mermaid themed group pictures so I didn't want to intrude...

Icon_

31 Completed 28 Reviews

I did this as a night hike so I didn't get to see the beauty of the falls. I do plan to go back again during the day. It's a beautiful hike. It seems heavily trafficked. Even at night there were a lot of people on the trail.

4 Completed 1 Reviews

Did this hike this morning, there were a bunch of other families there but it wasn't too crowded. We loved it. The falls were very pretty and fun to get wet in. Very easy, short hike. Up hill the whole way there but down going back. I will definitely visit this place again.

Icon_

31 Completed 28 Reviews

I did this as a night hike and it was beautiful. I obviously couldn't see the falls but I was able to enjoy all of the other beauties that are in the area.

8 Completed 8 Reviews

It's a pretty easy hike, not too steep. There's a spot, right before arriving at the falls that is steep but other than that it's not too bad. This is a very short hike if all you're doing is going to the falls and back; you're there before you know it. We hiked past the falls and there were quite a few pretty little falls in the creek as you got up. The view in some spots coming down is totally awesome. I'll plan on going quite a bit farther past the falls next time. Plenty of shady places so you don't necessarily have to go early in the morning. Dog friendly and plenty of places for the dog to drink as well.

13 Completed 9 Reviews

This trail is really busy! I prefer solitude when hiking and I felt like I was in the line to magic mountain at Disney land when doing this hike. Also, it should be noted that the trail length is wrong on here. It currently says this is 1.8 miles. In reality it's 0.70 miles. The trail continues up after the falls and gets more difficult if you're up to a challenge. About two miles farther there is some great camping and trails that connect to either dry canyon (head south at fork), or Indian springs/ grove creek (head north at fork). I used this trail to head up to big baldy and camped on the saddle overlooking the city. There's a lot more water access this way than if you head up the dry canyon route, but this trail is the steepest of the three. This trail was very busy so don't come here to get away from things. The falls are nice, but not spectacular. I wouldn't do this trail again, except to pass it on the way to the more backcountry trails below timp. If you are using thus trail to loop from another trail I suggest coming down this trail not up because of how steep it is.

4 Completed 4 Reviews

This was a nice short hike for me and the girls (6 & 3). It was a little steeper then I had thought it would be but not bad. The water fall was great. Probably would not do this one again but it's definitely worth going at least once. According the my GPS it was only 1.53 miles out and back.

Icon_60a0fb2fcdf0204186eaf81f4ab052ce

3 Completed 3 Reviews

Mother's Day 2014. Great day for hiking up to approx. 9400'...lot of clouds and it snowed on me. I was a bit disappointed in the "falls." With everything I had heard of it I thought it would be bigger and I got to it much sooner than I thought I would. Great hike tho; 2 1/2 hours up and 1 1/2 hour back down. Got a photo of a deer which was exciting - my first big "game" photo in Utah. Very thrilling experience as a whole.

Support