Battle Creek Falls

#12 of 297 trails in Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Battle Creek Falls is a 1.8 mile out and back trail located near Pleasant Grove, Utah that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Steve Oswald (4119)

78 Completed47 Reviews

Easy, short hike that has an impressive waterfall to reward you at the end. The last .1-.2 miles were pretty steep, but the rest of the hike initially is mostly flat and easy. You're able to get right underneath the falls, and you can also continue along the trail and head right next to the crest. This is a great hike to take the pup along with, as they'll love the water at the falls. Took me 35 minutes roundtrip. Moderate cover along most of the hike. Trailhead is easy to find, plenty of parking, and trail is well maintained, although there is some washout of the trail near the very end ascending to the crest.

Valerie Wooten (107)

4 Completed4 Reviews

Jeff Tomlinson (2242)

25 Completed25 Reviews

Came up Dry Creek, topped Big Baldy then descended into Battle Creek. Fun hike with excellent views of Timpanogos and South Valley, when the air is clear enough one can see Mt. Nebo and Deseret Peak as well. We did this during the fall season, and the colors were nothing shy of amazing and spectacular. The Battle Creek side would be great if pressed for time!

Rayford Grubbs (54)

2 Completed2 Reviews

did this trail with my daughter as we were pressed for time and wanted a short hike. very nice trail with a beautiful stream and waterfalls. if you go early, there are not many people. Wonderful before, especially on the way back out. highly recommended if you can't hike very far our if you don't have much time.

Teresa Schwedhelm (226)

5 Completed1 Reviews

Really liked this trail with the dogs (all dogs on leash). Went midday on a Friday for a quick stretch of legs as we drove through. Only saw four other groups (couples, families). Lots of little paths at the beginning to go on adventures. Be sure to wear sun protection, stable shoes and bring plenty of water.

Daniel Danysh (1766)

23 Completed19 Reviews

A very pleasant simple hike with a bounty of wildlife and water all the way through. A little too busy a trail for me & the dog, but plenty of off-trail jaunts to escape the general tourist streams

Kaitlin Payne (74)

4 Completed2 Reviews

Easy, pretty hike, although I didn't spend much time at the falls because there was a family doing pirate/mermaid themed group pictures so I didn't want to intrude...

Jen Holiday (880)

32 Completed28 Reviews

I did this as a night hike so I didn't get to see the beauty of the falls. I do plan to go back again during the day. It's a beautiful hike. It seems heavily trafficked. Even at night there were a lot of people on the trail.

Lacey Freeman (70)

4 Completed1 Reviews

Did this hike this morning, there were a bunch of other families there but it wasn't too crowded. We loved it. The falls were very pretty and fun to get wet in. Very easy, short hike. Up hill the whole way there but down going back. I will definitely visit this place again.

Jen Holiday (880)

32 Completed28 Reviews

I did this as a night hike and it was beautiful. I obviously couldn't see the falls but I was able to enjoy all of the other beauties that are in the area.

Support