Battle Creek Falls

#11 of 304 trails in Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Battle Creek Falls is a 1.8 mile out and back trail located near Pleasant Grove, Utah that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Taylor Bluth (36)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Good little family hike

Michael Wilkes (199)

14 Completed14 Reviews

It was okay. The falls are pretty cool, but I don't have much of a desire to do it again. It is fine if you are pretty bored, or don't feel like hiking a very long distance.

Maria Panter (149)

11 Completed10 Reviews

Battle Creek Falls is short hike that packs a punch. Usually, when a trail is short I am skeptical of it because I'm worried it will be boring or overdeveloped. I really like to get out into the wilderness when I hike. However, this trail actually exceeded my expectations! So much so that I wrote a post titled "20 Reasons to Hike Battle Creek Falls!" Check out my blog post about it with photos and a video of the falls here: http://wanderookie.com/blog/2015/04/22/20-reasons-to-hike-battle-creek-falls/

Travis Cummings (411)

8 Completed5 Reviews

Jeri Mellor (136)

1 Completed1 Reviews

just did this hike today. (have done it before) Was surprised how low the water levels were. My husband and I both used Run Keeper to track the hike. According to RK - it was NOT 1.8 miles, His said 1.4, mine said 1.33. (this was after the complete trip. Still a nice hike. just not the almost 2 miles we were going for. :)

Sharon Roberts (351)

16 Completed15 Reviews

Maybe it was just wrong timing, but it wasn't as beautiful as these pics! The hike was a good short intense, but maybe I will try going during the summer when the leaves grow in! It just seemed very ugly compared to the other hikes I've been on! Will come back again!

Jeff Cheney (41)

4 Completed1 Reviews

Great little hike to get the kids out of the house and out in nature. Pretty busy, but the trail is wide in most places allowing plenty of room to work around fellow hikers.

Andrew Davidson (61)

6 Completed3 Reviews

I hike this trail often in the early morning before heading into work. It's a nice little trail, just steep enough to get a decent workout, but not to kill you.

Steve Oswald (12237)

149 Completed151 Reviews

Easy, short hike that has an impressive waterfall to reward you at the end. The last .1-.2 miles were pretty steep, but the rest of the hike initially is mostly flat and easy. You're able to get right underneath the falls, and you can also continue along the trail and head right next to the crest. This is a great hike to take the pup along with, as they'll love the water at the falls. Took me 35 minutes roundtrip. Moderate cover along most of the hike. Trailhead is easy to find, plenty of parking, and trail is well maintained, although there is some washout of the trail near the very end ascending to the crest.

Valerie Wooten (265)