Bridal Veil Falls Trail

#23 of 302 trails in Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest
Bridal Veil Falls Trail is a popular, short trail located in Provo Canyon, Utah. The trail peels off of the Provo River Trail and climbs a short distance to the base of the falls where a refreshing mist can cool you off on a hot day.

0.2 miles Out & Back 150 feet
Kid Friendly Dog Friendly Accessible
hiking ice climbing ada dogs leash kids
Hide Map

Great, quick trail for the whole family. The trail is easy for children and can be done by most. Near the trailhead there is a fish pond where children can feed the fish. This is located on the Provo River Trail so you need to look out for bikers or long boarders flying by. Bridal Veil Falls is a 607 foot double cataract waterfall. There used to be a tram located near the trailhead that took people up to a restaurant located on the cliffs above the falls. Avalanches have destroyed the tram and it has since been out of operation since 1996 and a fire burned down most of the restaurant and many surrounding trees in 2008.

Christopher Flynn

1 Completed1 Reviews

Easy stroll (we actually brought the stroller for the 1yr old) from the lot to the falls. If we didnt have the kids with us we would have attacked the steep trail leading up the falls and shot for the overlook. I did run ahead on my own and scurried up the lower portion of falls, which I would only suggest if you are a skilled climber/hiker. Overall, enjoyable little break in our day resulting in some nice family photos.

Brandon Child

14 Completed15 Reviews

Very short. Not even considered a hike. Beautiful waterfall.

Ryan Draney

19 Completed15 Reviews

Easy, but good for kids

Jed Maddocks

1 Completed1 Reviews

It's a beautiful waterfall and very populated there, it's fun to see families having a good time and the hike only took maybe 10 minutes up and spend a few minutes in the falls before descending. Would like to try the upper falls when I'm not with a 3yo & 5yo.

Your Hike Guide

31 Completed31 Reviews

Popular waterfall up Provo Canyon, right along the Provo River Trail. This tiered waterfall is the tallest in the state, and has a small pool full of rainbow trout along the Provo River Trail. View are great from the trail, or more adventurous hikers may follow a dirt/rock trail that takes you to the bottom of the falls. Small children not recommended for this part of the hike, but they will be content along the trail watching the rainbow trout. This is a great spot that is busy on the weekends, but takes little effort to get there. One can cross the Provo River on a footbridge then walk just a couple hundred feet to the falls, or you can park near Nunn's park and walk about a half mile up the Provo River Trail to falls. There are great places for a picnic along this part of the river trail.

For more information on this hike and directions on how to get to Bridal Veil Falls, visit:

Todd W.

Short walk from the parking lot. Usually lots of other people around. We use the paved trail along the river to bike and access the Provo river.

Josiah Tuia

5 Completed5 Reviews

My daughters loved this spot. I call it a spot cus it's really not a hike. Bout a .25 mile paved walkway that leads you to the base of a gorgeous waterfall.

This was my first time there and I know now when we return, we will definitely bring food to grill and hang out there. There are tables and grills along the path for families to enjoy and relax along the river. Scene is pretty cool but is right below the highway which is kind of a buzzkill if you're looking for a secluded outdoor spot.
The fish pond had some big rainbow trouts that my kids loved, especially when they fed em.
We came here right after a 4 mile hike from Stewart Falls and I was glad it was this easy.
Photos uploaded from the base of the falls. I will definitely try the climb to the mid tier of the falls next time we return.

Kathy Heller