Bridal Veil Falls Trail

EASY
#19 of 199 trails in Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest
Bridal Veil Falls Trail is a 1.3 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Provo, UT that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and ice climbing and is accessible from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

dogs on leash wheelchair friendly kid friendly hiking ice climbing river views waterfall
Hide Map

Great, quick trail for the whole family. The trail is easy for children and can be done by most. Near the trailhead there is a fish pond where children can feed the fish. This is located on the Provo River Trail so you need to look out for bikers or long boarders flying by. Bridal Veil Falls is a 607 foot double cataract waterfall. There used to be a tram located near the trailhead that took people up to a restaurant located on the cliffs above the falls. Avalanches have destroyed the tram and it has since been out of operation since 1996 and a fire burned down most of the restaurant and many surrounding trees in 2008.

Chris Lüderbrandt

1 Completed1 Reviews

Love the options around the falls. Smaller, steeper hikes off the paved trail around the park.

Michael Todd

Candice Vansickle

8 Completed8 Reviews

Very short but very good hike for young kids,make sure to bring quarters so they can feed the fish that was my kids favorite part!!!

Sanaul H.

It's very short yet beautiful

Michael Nicewander

1 Completed1 Reviews

First time going up here. The trail was dry up to the falls, muddy in some spots. A great hike and not that hard to complete.

Allisson Major

2 Completed2 Reviews

This was actually really fun. I loved the terrain and how different it was. I can't do a continuous steep incline, I need variety. There was some ice still on the trail which made it risky but I really enjoyed it. The waterfall is incredible! Relaxing to me :)

John Tuttle

14 Completed13 Reviews

Came here for my ASL bucket challenge.

Chris Moravec

18 Completed10 Reviews

Great option for a quick winter outing. And the falls are amazing when sculpted in ice!

Christopher Flynn

2 Completed1 Reviews

Easy stroll (we actually brought the stroller for the 1yr old) from the lot to the falls. If we didnt have the kids with us we would have attacked the steep trail leading up the falls and shot for the overlook. I did run ahead on my own and scurried up the lower portion of falls, which I would only suggest if you are a skilled climber/hiker. Overall, enjoyable little break in our day resulting in some nice family photos.

Brandon Child

15 Completed16 Reviews

Very short. Not even considered a hike. Beautiful waterfall.

Ryan Draney

20 Completed16 Reviews

Easy, but good for kids

Jed Maddocks

1 Completed1 Reviews

It's a beautiful waterfall and very populated there, it's fun to see families having a good time and the hike only took maybe 10 minutes up and spend a few minutes in the falls before descending. Would like to try the upper falls when I'm not with a 3yo & 5yo.

Your Hike Guide

31 Completed31 Reviews

Popular waterfall up Provo Canyon, right along the Provo River Trail. This tiered waterfall is the tallest in the state, and has a small pool full of rainbow trout along the Provo River Trail. View are great from the trail, or more adventurous hikers may follow a dirt/rock trail that takes you to the bottom of the falls. Small children not recommended for this part of the hike, but they will be content along the trail watching the rainbow trout. This is a great spot that is busy on the weekends, but takes little effort to get there. One can cross the Provo River on a footbridge then walk just a couple hundred feet to the falls, or you can park near Nunn's park and walk about a half mile up the Provo River Trail to falls. There are great places for a picnic along this part of the river trail.

For more information on this hike and directions on how to get to Bridal Veil Falls, visit: http://www.yourhikeguide.com/bridal-veil-falls/

Todd W.

Short walk from the parking lot. Usually lots of other people around. We use the paved trail along the river to bike and access the Provo river.

Josiah Tuia

5 Completed5 Reviews

My daughters loved this spot. I call it a spot cus it's really not a hike. Bout a .25 mile paved walkway that leads you to the base of a gorgeous waterfall.

This was my first time there and I know now when we return, we will definitely bring food to grill and hang out there. There are tables and grills along the path for families to enjoy and relax along the river. Scene is pretty cool but is right below the highway which is kind of a buzzkill if you're looking for a secluded outdoor spot.
The fish pond had some big rainbow trouts that my kids loved, especially when they fed em.
We came here right after a 4 mile hike from Stewart Falls and I was glad it was this easy.
Photos uploaded from the base of the falls. I will definitely try the climb to the mid tier of the falls next time we return.

Kathy Heller

4 Completed4 Reviews

Brittany Davis

10 Completed9 Reviews

It is very crowded.

BeeBee A.

Loren Smith

23 Completed5 Reviews

This is a very easy hike for all fitness levels. The falls are beautiful. It is so easy that it is often quite crowded. Paved and smooth.

Stacey Ailshie

5 Completed5 Reviews

This has been one of our family's favorite hikes. we hiked to the base of the falls. Our children range in age from 8 to 17. We also brought our two dogs with us. We brought some friends on this hike one of which has special needs. It was perfect!