Bridal Veil Falls Trail

#24 of 300 trails in Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Bridal Veil Falls Trail is a popular, short trail located in Provo Canyon, Utah. The trail peels off of the Provo River Trail and climbs a short distance to the base of the falls where a refreshing mist can cool you off on a hot day.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Todd W. (138)

Short walk from the parking lot. Usually lots of other people around. We use the paved trail along the river to bike and access the Provo river.

Josiah Tuia (203)

5 Completed5 Reviews

My daughters loved this spot. I call it a spot cus it's really not a hike. Bout a .25 mile paved walkway that leads you to the base of a gorgeous waterfall.

This was my first time there and I know now when we return, we will definitely bring food to grill and hang out there. There are tables and grills along the path for families to enjoy and relax along the river. Scene is pretty cool but is right below the highway which is kind of a buzzkill if you're looking for a secluded outdoor spot.
The fish pond had some big rainbow trouts that my kids loved, especially when they fed em.
We came here right after a 4 mile hike from Stewart Falls and I was glad it was this easy.
Photos uploaded from the base of the falls. I will definitely try the climb to the mid tier of the falls next time we return.

Kathy Heller (196)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Brittany Davis (209)

9 Completed9 Reviews

It is very crowded.

BeeBee A. (172)

Loren Smith (601)

21 Completed2 Reviews

This is a very easy hike for all fitness levels. The falls are beautiful. It is so easy that it is often quite crowded. Paved and smooth.

Stacey Ailshie (163)

3 Completed3 Reviews

This has been one of our family's favorite hikes. we hiked to the base of the falls. Our children range in age from 8 to 17. We also brought our two dogs with us. We brought some friends on this hike one of which has special needs. It was perfect!

Rus Tallion (809)

29 Completed5 Reviews

Crowded unless you go during the week.

Elliot Adair (455)

15 Completed15 Reviews

Bridal Veil Falls has a bit of everything for everyone. Expect crowds at all times at the base of the falls on the Provo River Parkway. If you come to do mild hiking, you can get up close to the lowest tier of the falls where there are shallow pools. If you feel somewhat adventurous, you can continue to the middle portion between the upper and lower tiers, although there are signs posted saying you are not supposed to. Its a little hairy but you can go out right to the edge to the falls. If you are a very experienced mountaineer you can go past up above the falls, but I would generally dissuade anyone from attempting this; multiple people have died attempting to get above the falls.

Phirun Sam (1436)

35 Completed36 Reviews

Easy and fun for the whole family, short walk for the car park and you're at the foot off the water fall. Nice little area to feed the fishes and short hike to nearby park for a picnic.

Support