Colorado River Scenic Byway: Moab to Interstate 70

#1 of 1 trails in Lions Park

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Colorado River Scenic Byway: Moab to Interstate 70 is a 44 mile trail located near Moab, Utah. The trail is primarily used for scenic driving and is accessible year-round. The primary route is hwy 128, east out of Moab.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Rick Powelson (2592)

108 Completed82 Reviews

Took this road off of I-70 for our recent vacation in Moab. As we were staying in Castle Valley it was the right road to take. As we entered the Canyon my wife and I were held breathless by the view. Neither of us had seen anything like this before except in pictures. We had to stop several times to take it all in. It's also where we launched for kayaking the Colorado River later in the week.

Steve Oswald (13996)

166 Completed163 Reviews

Beautiful area. Moab and surrounding area is so geologically unique, and you get great views of that along this route.

Robert Van den Broeke (288)

12 Completed11 Reviews

We have driven on this road countless times. But every time I still enjoy it.
Except on cold winter days when it can be slick with ice.

Adam Lund (33298)

493 Completed223 Reviews

Adam Lund (33298)

493 Completed223 Reviews

Bob Wharton (8797)

295 Completed297 Reviews

Jack Tatsch (35760)

352 Completed352 Reviews

Very scenic drive! Fisher Towers, The Dewey Bridge, and rafting put-ins, as well as campsites are on Hwy 128.

Lawrence Abernathy (372)

12 Completed4 Reviews

took it out of Moab after a rafting trip. Awesome views, very much worth the trip.

Doug Neidholdt (98175)

503 Completed531 Reviews

Very pleasant drive and scenic view of the Colorado River. Gorgeous country. Added plus, it doesn't cost you any drive time if you are headed east on I-70 out of Moab.

Eric Conner (3455)