Lake Solitude Trail

Salt Lake City, UT
Share review on:

Thanks! How would you describe the trail and its activities?

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Lake Solitude Trail is a 1.5 mile out and back trail located near Salt Lake City, Utah and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for camping, hiking & mountain biking and is accessible year-round.

Directions from Salt Lake City: Follow Big Cottonwood Canyon Road (7000 South Wasatch Blvd.) to Brighton about 14.2 miles up the canyon to the Silver Lake Visitor's Center. Park at the Silver Lake Information Center or across the street at the Brighton Store.

Utah Travel Council, Council Hall, P.O. Box 147420 , Salt Lake City, UT, 84114, Phone: 801-538-1030, travel@utah.com

12 Completed 4 Reviews

Pretty hike to the lake. Not too difficult. Moose and deer tracks all over. It poured rain on us.

Icon_

9 Completed 7 Reviews

Awesome little hike. Took 2 little girls who did great pretty easy hike. Beautiful scenery. The mountains trees and untouched snow. We were the only ones out there from about 9-10:30. Went around the lake a few times :) for sure Gina have to go when there's no snow !

Person_placeholder

45 Completed 5 Reviews

This would be a good trail for beginning hikers - it is short and there is very little elevation gain. The trail is mostly shaded and has some decent scenery along the way. I hiked this trail in the early evening and saw some deer on my way back from the lake.

Icon_

27 Completed 27 Reviews

Another easy after-work trail. Enjoyable in the cool afternoons of fall with beautiful colors on the aspen groves. The lake isn't much, and there isn't a view, but it's a great workout.

84 Completed 46 Reviews

We made a large loop out of it to Twin Lakes and Silver Lake. It came out to 4.53 miles and took us less than two hours. Out of the three lakes, Twin Lakes was by far the nicest. The trail seemed easier than the one we did two days ago to Lake Mary and Lake Catherine. We didn't see any mountain bikers or any wildlife in the area.

4 Completed 1 Reviews

Made the huge mistake of coming on Labor Day. This makes for a horrible day to hike but especially to bike! Probably not worth biking on any other day, rocky and just not very fun.

2 Completed 3 Reviews

The hike was very fun, the lake was not extremely spectacular, but a great place for lunch. This summer hike made me want to go skiing!

Icon_b1447c6c6180a63f88d2bc2bfe4ad22c

38 Completed 28 Reviews

Fun easy trail across Solitude ski resort to the lake. I saw almost as many deer as disc golfers. I have heard this trail gets a lot of use from mountain bikers but I didn't run into any. Supposedly you can make this a loop hike by continuing on to Twin Lakes reservoir but I did not attempt it. There was still lots of snow on the trail as of 8 July.

Support