Mount Olympus Trail

HARD
#1 of 11 trails in Mount Olympus Wilderness
true
Mount Olympus Trail is a 6.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Salt Lake City, UT that features beautiful wild flowers and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

dog friendly birding hiking nature trips rock climbing trail running walking forest views wild flowers wildlife over grown rocky scramble
Hide Map

Joey P.
2 minutes ago

Early in the season, still tons of snow up top. Took my pup up to the top with me!

John Sullivan

1 Completed0 Reviews

hahaha haha 3.8 miles my ass y'all going to be hiking for 5 hours on this! good luck and don't die

Alexander Lawhun

1 Completed0 Reviews

It was awesome! Steep and rocky, felt like walking on a stair master for the last 1/3 of the hike. Scramble to get up to the summit as well. Not too bad of a scramble, stay right on the scramble. Follow carins.
Also, took my puggle up the hike, did everything but the scramble!

Katherine Crabtree

9 Completed0 Reviews

Leg workout!

Korry Roper

2 Completed0 Reviews

Steep at first nice log stairs.great view of the valley. Left phone on Blazer Bumper had to cut hike short do plan a revisit. Wife got the wobbly legs running down .daughter wanted more

Chris Genore

6 Completed0 Reviews

good hike

Robert Canales

4 Completed0 Reviews

Great trail. Top 1/3 still has snow

Scott Carbonara

2 Completed0 Reviews

Great hike! Saw three moose this morning.

Rhonda Wardwell

1 Completed0 Reviews

First time on this trail and loved it. Definitely not for casual hiking. Difficult but worth it to see the amazing summit. It still has snowy slippery patches on the top 1/3. Fog rolled in but after we were on our way down. Beautiful!

Steve Richard

5 Completed0 Reviews

Awesome hike! I liked the last 600 ft climb. It was like putting the icing on the cake, & the end reward was Great! I think I sat up there for 30 mins.

Joshua Atwood

9 Completed0 Reviews

Don Hurt

Don Hurt

Jae Cohen

3 Completed0 Reviews

Kicked my butt, but you are suppose to be challenged, in order to, feel any accomplishment and have the opportunity to bask in that glorious moment of success. Once at the peak there was nothing left but to relive the struggle and then look out at the beauty that you worked so hard for.
Loved this hike.
Started at 4pm finished just before 9pm. Gave us the chance to watch the sunset and see the city light up.
Hiked it last week so conditions I'm sure have changed. Don't be intimidated by Mount Olympus you can do it!!

Wajahat Sial

That's little hard I don last Sunday

Andrea James

2 Completed0 Reviews

It was the hardest hike ever. Great workout but I will be sore for about a week. Took me 6hours. Super draining. Pack lots of water and food..

Jack Pinette

1 Completed0 Reviews

Plenty of fun. I did it with a 2-year-old in a baby backpack 2 days ago, and it was moderately strenuous, took a few hours. I was glad I brought microspikes and poles - plenty of snow in the top 1/4 of the trail and it's slushy and slippery in a lot of places

Atong Aluel