Mount Olympus Trail

#1 of 2 trails in Mount Olympus Wilderness

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Mount Olympus Trail is a 7 mile out and back trail located near Salt Lake City, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is only recommended for very experienced outdoorsmen. The trail is primarily used for hiking & rock climbing and is accessible from June until October.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Abigail Marshall (375)

14 Completed14 Reviews

One of the most challenging hikes I've ever done, but also one of the most beautiful.

Jordan Bauer (111)

2 Completed1 Reviews

Cheri Peacock (120)

8 Completed4 Reviews

I consider myself an experienced hiker but this one definitely tested me! It was a tough hike -- pretty steep and the scramble up the rocks was a bit of a challenge. But like it's been said, the view is amazing! We brought an extra water bottle but ran out -- I suggest doubling what you plan to take. You'll need it! We started hiking around 8:30 am and reached the peak shortly after 12. We began our descent at 1 and finished before 3. I would suggest going even earlier as the heat can be brutal on the way down! But definitely try it out.

Rob Richardson (80)

2 Completed1 Reviews

Joe Jeppson (46)

1 Completed2 Reviews

Steep at some points, but if you're in decent shape, hit this trail up. The last .28 mile scramble to the peak was our favorite part. Enjoy!

Bridger Tower (47)

1 Completed1 Reviews

it was a rough hike up as it but the view from up top was absolutely gorgeous. would highly recommend it.

Zara Rahimi (196)

2 Completed2 Reviews

By far my favorite hike! I've hiked Mt. Olympus many time and I feel like my experience has alway been unique and exciting. Best sunrise/sunset hike. If you're in decent shape the hike shouldn't be hard at all. But do take plenty of water :)

Zara Rahimi (196)

Melissa Squire (137)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Steven Mathis (95)

2 Completed2 Reviews

- It's close and easy to get to
- A fun and challenging hike
- Nice little scramble the reach the top
- Great view of the Salt Lake Valley

Depending on the kind of shape you're in, this will definitely be a challenge. It's essentially a stair master a few miles up. Absolutely my favorite mountain workout here for a half day or less. If you want to train and push yourself, this is a fantastic place to do it on a regular basis. If you're less fit but up for a challenge, do it! You'll be rewarded with great views and very satisfying experience.

Support