Mount Olympus Trail

#1 of 1 trails in Mount Olympus Wilderness

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Mount Olympus Trail is a 7 mile out and back trail located near Salt Lake City, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is only recommended for very experienced outdoorsmen. The trail is primarily used for hiking & rock climbing and is accessible from June until October.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Bret Hodge (97)

1 Completed1 Reviews

I have been to the saddle I think. Hiked to a certain point where it seemed like the visual trail ended. There was still some snow so I couldn't go any further. I have never read so many different reviews. "it's hard, it's easy. I'm 56 years old and it didn't seem that bad to me. I took my time and enjoyed the walk. Don't get me wrong, I was huffing and puffing, but it was a hike not a stroll in the park. Going to try to make the summit this year in the next month or so. Anyone wanna go with? I don't consider my self in great shape but made it most of the way quite easily. Let's go.

Preston Smith (591)

15 Completed14 Reviews

This is a great trail for some strenuous hiking. From the first mile to the top, it is basically straight up. The trail starts right off the highway with a steep climb and just keeps going. A lot of people go the first 2 miles to a nice creek and stop but it is definitely worth continuing the next 1.5 miles to the top.

Watch the weather and be aware that the trail can be really muddy in with rain or snow run off.

j r (36)

1 Completed1 Reviews

One of the best hikes in SLC, UT. Very Strenuous, but the top is worth getting to.

Geoffrey Rio (77)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Been tackling this hike for years now. Love it. Challenging, but also rewarding.

Joe Zach (38)

1 Completed1 Reviews

This was my first time ever hiking and it wawas lots fun. I wenwent to the top and the amount of people dropped with elevation.

Aaron Pulver (127)

2 Completed2 Reviews

Loved the last quarter mile of rock scrambling! The views were amazing. I had the summit all to myself. There was some ice and snow at the higher elevations. Microspikes helped a lot.

Mont Hansen (120)

1 Completed1 Reviews

You'll want to bring some snow trekking gear for the upper trail, otherwise you'll be sliding down the trail on your return trip. Luckily, I had an extra rain poncho to use as an impromptu sled.

Thal Wright (403)

19 Completed14 Reviews

Great travel! Scramble was fun at the top. Gotta love those hurricane force winds that suddenly blast up the canyon!

Zahid Ilyas (102)

2 Completed1 Reviews

Quiet a difficult hike. If your fitness level is not that high then don't go all the way. It's not only going up , you need to come back and it's gets dangerous when you are tired and can trip on a twig even. Overall worth doing it.

Jeff Tomlinson (2287)

26 Completed25 Reviews

I enjoyed this hike a lot, especially the scrambling at the top, and the fall colors and snow capped views were absolutely amazing. I am a huge fan of the diverse nature the Wasatch has to offer, and this one has a little bit of everything. Would be good for me in spring and fall, but a summer hike would be far too brutally hot for my liking. Although there's always loads of cars at the trail head, and the usage says it's heavy, I've experienced way more crowds at the likes of Blanche or Timp, but YMMV. Recommended, but I'd leave those little ones at home!

Support