Mount Olympus Trail

#1 of 1 trails in Mount Olympus Wilderness

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Mount Olympus Trail is a 7 mile out and back trail located near Salt Lake City, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is only recommended for very experienced outdoorsmen. The trail is primarily used for hiking & rock climbing and is accessible from June until October.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Gaby Castillo (84)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Hard but really rewarding!

Kayla Smartz (101)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Amazing hike! I recommend hiking in the spring when it's a high of 60 degrees in SLC, otherwise you will be very hot on the hike. Bring lots of water and food. The hike (rock climb scramble) to the summit is totally worth it, but only do it if you are skillful in bouldering. Plan on brining layers in your pack because you will encounter almost every season and type of weather on the hike. Wear good shoes and stretch your legs every time you take a break-- you will be sore!! Can't wait to do it again.

Carlos Rivera (107)

2 Completed1 Reviews

Challenging and amazing hike. Beautiful trail with great views from the saddle and summit. I enjoyed myself even when it rained, snowed, and sleet fell. I will most definitely do this again.

Marcella D (264)

2 Completed2 Reviews

Did this hike on the 26th in the snow and rain. Couldn't summit because of the ice. Loved it anyway! Beautiful in the snow! it was slippery on the descent. Looking forward to doing it again and reaching the top!

Breanna Riley (265)

9 Completed6 Reviews

Did this hike today and man was it tough, especially when walking in the direct sunlight, which was the majority of the day.
It started raining and lightning once we got to the saddle, so we didn't even think about continuing to the summit. I would recommend bringing more water than you think you'll need. I took 1.5 liters and it was gone once I reached the saddle.

Jennifer Mojarro (101)

4 Completed3 Reviews

First hike of the year! I am in pretty average shape but this hike is all up hill. Reached the saddle and it was beautiful. Now going to the peak you pretty much do some small rock climbing. Nothing that requires equipment or anything. But it is so worth it! Amazing views. I went the first week of April and there was snow at the peak so some places were really muddy and slippery. I'm sure a lot has melted already.

G Tanner (120)

3 Completed2 Reviews

Went all the way to the summit today. Trail was in really good shape. No snow to deal with at all. Weather was perfect at the top. This is a great time of year to go before it gets too hot.

Bret Hodge (97)

1 Completed1 Reviews

I have been to the saddle I think. Hiked to a certain point where it seemed like the visual trail ended. There was still some snow so I couldn't go any further. I have never read so many different reviews. "it's hard, it's easy. I'm 56 years old and it didn't seem that bad to me. I took my time and enjoyed the walk. Don't get me wrong, I was huffing and puffing, but it was a hike not a stroll in the park. Going to try to make the summit this year in the next month or so. Anyone wanna go with? I don't consider my self in great shape but made it most of the way quite easily. Let's go.

Preston Smith (631)

15 Completed14 Reviews

This is a great trail for some strenuous hiking. From the first mile to the top, it is basically straight up. The trail starts right off the highway with a steep climb and just keeps going. A lot of people go the first 2 miles to a nice creek and stop but it is definitely worth continuing the next 1.5 miles to the top.

Watch the weather and be aware that the trail can be really muddy in with rain or snow run off.

j r (36)

1 Completed1 Reviews

One of the best hikes in SLC, UT. Very Strenuous, but the top is worth getting to.

Support