Mueller Park Trail - Elephant Rock

#1 of 6 trails in Mueller Park

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Mueller Park Trail is a 13.00 mile out and back trail located near Bountiful, Utah and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for cross country skiing, hiking & mountain biking and is accessible year-round. It is 3.6 miles to Elephant Rock.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Irvin Lopez (79)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Very fun trail!!!

Breanna Riley (229)

8 Completed5 Reviews

Fun afternoon hike. It took about an hour and half to get to the rock and an hour and a half back. The views are wonderful :) Pretty populated trail, but most parts of the trail are wide enough for a person walking and a biker.

Anabel Anabel (180)

3 Completed2 Reviews

Stacy Jensen (138)

3 Completed3 Reviews

this was a nice hike. we enjoyed the views. there are lots of bikers, so be prepared to move out of the way often. the hike was longer then we expected but one we would do again.

Jason Dionne (61)

3 Completed2 Reviews

Great for an after work jaunt. The colors are INCREDIBLE if you go on a sunny fall day.

Thal Wright (403)

19 Completed14 Reviews

Snow shoed to elephant rock. It was an OK trip.

Chris P. (283)

A nice distance for a morning or afternoon hike. Decent tree cover for shade. A lot of the view is obscured by the trees however. Best view, of the canyon, is at the end from the lookout or on top of the rock. With all the cover it can be somewhat boring if repeated too often.

Andrew Lynne (148)

7 Completed2 Reviews

Came down the Mueller park trail after after climbing up the north canyon trail on a late fall Sunday afternoon. We only passed 3 people on way down above big rock (elephant rock) but encountered more hikers the farther we got towards the bottom.
The fall foliage was very nice as were the views. The trail itself was excellent, single track in mostly shade, good condition, pretty smooth. We were glad it was a chilly day as it probably would have been very busy with hikers on a nicer day or earlier in the season. Definitely will be returning to this trail in the future.
If you are doing the loop with North canyon as we did I would recommend climbing from north canyon, as it is pretty steep and though challenging, it is probably better to climb it than descend it.

Robert Logan (594)

4 Completed4 Reviews

2:45 average ride time for 14.2 miles
Very easy trail to start out with not very technical at all, wide switchbacks, few roots and rocks nothing you cant roll over, some fair use on this trail as well plenty of hikers and other bikers. trail gets narrow in sections to you may end up in the trees. but very well maintained trail im impressed, great views with picnic area at the top. Very close to town so it does make for quick ride

Abby K (149)

14 Completed1 Reviews

A little longer than I had anticipated! I thought it was 3.66 miles out and back... I read wrong and found out that was doubled haha. The trail is super maintained and easy to follow. There were soooo many bees yesterday and I ran a little of the trail due to that haha. Plenty of shade along the trail and also you get those great valley views as well. I really liked this trail because it had a little bit of everything to it and it was very easy to keep a good pace and feel productive. Once you get to elephant rock it is pretty steep, less maintained short walk down to it, but all totally worth it because my boyfriend proposed to me once we reached the rock :) Plan on trying to mountain bike it soon....I'm still new at that so it might be a little more challenging haha

Support