Sessions Canyon Trail

HARD
#2 of 6 trails in Mueller Park
l>
Sessions Canyon Trail is a 3.5 mile out and back trail located near Bountiful, UT that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until November. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

dog friendly kid friendly camping hiking trail running walking horses bridge out forest over grown river rocky views waterfall wild flowers
Hide Map

After dropping 100' from the parking lot into the canyon, the trail climbs steadily, closely following the creek and crossing it numerous times. The footing is sometimes poor, and at times of very heavy flow, creek crossing could be difficult (while it is never a challenge in summer).

Bree R.

Great trail! Some parts were muddy and icy but nothing unbearable. Most of the leave were gone but it was still gorgeous.

Conner Curless

4 Completed2 Reviews

Gorgeous trail- even at this time of year! The trail is covered by canopy except for a couple of spots. Took a dog and he had a blast! Definitely will be back to this trail.

James Donovan

1 Completed1 Reviews

Bradley Rasmusen

7 Completed1 Reviews

Did this hike this morning. I very much enjoyed this trail. It was mostly covered, and followed a stream all the way. We took our dogs and they loved it too. I would like to do this again in the fall when the leaves change color. The views and the scenery are just great. 3/4 of the way up the trail, it's a very wet area. We saw lots of pretty mushrooms and moss growing everywhere. I would recommend this for most people.

One thing to note: This trail is listed as 5 miles in and out. We turned around after 3 miles up the trail, so 6 miles in and out for us and we could have kept going too.

Lara Funakoshi

19 Completed3 Reviews

Great hike, we mad it through the overgrown foliage to the end of the trail. Nice creek at top. Almost ran on top of rattlesnake coiled in the path in the forest about 1.5 miles from TH and my partner would have been bit since he was behind me.

Ryan Fausett

19 Completed6 Reviews

Ryan Fausett

19 Completed6 Reviews

Beautiful in June with all the wild flowers, river is low enough easy to cross with kids. Great way to beat hot day because most of lower trail is in the shade and breeze coming off stream.

Jon Manning

7 Completed3 Reviews

Tried getting up the trail very icy. Not recommended if you don't have crampons. This is normally a great trail but is in a deep northern canyon with little sun exposure. Thought I would take the kids out for a little adventure and it was tough from the beginning. I will try it again in the spring or it will be a good summer trail since it is mostly in the shade. :\

Kathryn Kennedy

22 Completed19 Reviews

A really pretty hike. We didn't make it all the way to the top of the canyon because of thunderstorms, but enjoyed the part that we were able to do. We brought our dog and she loved it. It's shaded for most of the way and runs along the stream for most of the way. Plus, we barely saw any other hikers along the way.

Daniel Danysh

31 Completed26 Reviews

A lovely lengthy hike winding through the canyon from bottom to top accompanied by a rambling brook with plenty of deep pools and adjoining mountain springs. Plenty of woods, rocks and beautiful foliage for this Autumn's jaunt :)