Sessions Canyon

#2 of 6 trails in Mueller Park

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Sessions Canyon climbs up a creek canyon from directly above Bountiful, UT. It is a lovely canyon, with lots of shade and a beautiful babbling creek throughout. However, footing is sometimes poor, and the farther you go, the poorer and more overgrown the trail gets.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

James Donovan (41)

Bradley Rasmusen (148)

7 Completed1 Reviews

Did this hike this morning. I very much enjoyed this trail. It was mostly covered, and followed a stream all the way. We took our dogs and they loved it too. I would like to do this again in the fall when the leaves change color. The views and the scenery are just great. 3/4 of the way up the trail, it's a very wet area. We saw lots of pretty mushrooms and moss growing everywhere. I would recommend this for most people.

One thing to note: This trail is listed as 5 miles in and out. We turned around after 3 miles up the trail, so 6 miles in and out for us and we could have kept going too.

Lara Funakoshi (49)

12 Completed1 Reviews

Great hike, we mad it through the overgrown foliage to the end of the trail. Nice creek at top. Almost ran on top of rattlesnake coiled in the path in the forest about 1.5 miles from TH and my partner would have been bit since he was behind me.

Ryan Fausett (429)

19 Completed6 Reviews

Ryan Fausett (429)

19 Completed6 Reviews

Beautiful in June with all the wild flowers, river is low enough easy to cross with kids. Great way to beat hot day because most of lower trail is in the shade and breeze coming off stream.

Jon Manning (200)

7 Completed3 Reviews

Tried getting up the trail very icy. Not recommended if you don't have crampons. This is normally a great trail but is in a deep northern canyon with little sun exposure. Thought I would take the kids out for a little adventure and it was tough from the beginning. I will try it again in the spring or it will be a good summer trail since it is mostly in the shade. :\

Kathryn Kennedy (557)

19 Completed16 Reviews

A really pretty hike. We didn't make it all the way to the top of the canyon because of thunderstorms, but enjoyed the part that we were able to do. We brought our dog and she loved it. It's shaded for most of the way and runs along the stream for most of the way. Plus, we barely saw any other hikers along the way.

Daniel Danysh (2689)

31 Completed26 Reviews

A lovely lengthy hike winding through the canyon from bottom to top accompanied by a rambling brook with plenty of deep pools and adjoining mountain springs. Plenty of woods, rocks and beautiful foliage for this Autumn's jaunt :)

Madison Sosa (68)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Great hike! Took the dogs, be careful with off-leash though, there are steep drops down to the stream. It was really great since there are spots for the dogs to get their feet wet and keep them cool, and lots of the trail is covered. We didn't go too far up, but definitely looking forward to seeing what's further next time. First hike in a VERY long time, not too hard at all!

Jacob Gobles (36)