Timpanogos Trail (Aspen Grove)

#8 of 304 trails in Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Timpanogos Trail is a 12.7 mile out and back trail located near Sundance, Utah that features a lake and is only recommended for very experienced outdoorsmen. The trail is primarily used for hiking & walking and is accessible from June until November. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Michael Wilkes (199)

14 Completed14 Reviews

This was a very dedicated hike, but it has one of the best views I have ever seen in my life. That being said, I have no desire to go back to the Summit of Mount Timp. It was very much a one and done kind of thing and I am glad that I can say that I have been there and done that. However, I am in love with Emerald Lake and think that is the best part of the hike, hands down. In my book, it would easily get five stars. Going on the Aspen Grove route is a little steeper, but it does goes by quite a bit quicker than the Timpooneke trail.

Steve Oswald (12237)

149 Completed151 Reviews

Went snowshoeing out to Timpanogos Falls today (early March). Perfect snow and conditions. Get out there and do it!

Steve Oswald (12237)

149 Completed151 Reviews

This was one of my top 5 favorite hikes. Ever. From start to finish, this hike had something that left you in awe. There are countless waterfalls, herds of mountain goats, a beautiful mountain lake, towering rock faces, and fields of wildflowers. I will be doing this hike again, because it's too good to only do once.

Ginger Price (326)

12 Completed11 Reviews

Great work out. Takes several hours. Too about 4.5 to the top, with a few breaks, and just 3 hrs down. Be prepared for it to be cool at the top, expecially if hiking later in the year.

John Kutcher (149)

14 Completed1 Reviews

Great hike with amazing views. Gonna go ahead and say it's a bit more than 13 miles. My phone tracker said 17 round trip. I am not saying that it is exact but it is definitely longer than 13 miles.

Paul Chalmers (250)

16 Completed8 Reviews

Great hike. I completed with my 11 yr old daughter. This hike is long, but not bad until you get to the rocky area right before the saddle. I was not a fan at all of this section especially hiking down. Next time I will slide down the glacier coming down to avoid. Great views throughout, highly suggest!

Ginger Price (326)

12 Completed11 Reviews

Dimitri Allsen (113)

2 Completed2 Reviews

great hike that's super accessible, plenty of beautiful scenery and plenty to look at, just make sure to pack cold weather gear because it gets frigid and windy on that peak

Matthew Self (142)

2 Completed2 Reviews

Done it three times once a night and this is one of my favorites so far!

Cam Dansie (62)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Great hike. A little of everything in one hike

Support