Yellow Fork Canyon Trail

MODERATE
#1 of 2 trails in Yellow Fork Canyon County Park
l>
Yellow Fork Canyon Trail is a 1.1 mile loop trail located near Herriman, UT that features a river. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

dogs on leash birding hiking mountain biking snowshoeing trail running walking horses forest river views wild flowers wildlife
Hide Map

Small trailhead parking area often filled with trucks pulling horse trailers

Shauna A.

Great winter hiking and snowshoeing. The snow was packed at the beginning of the trail and winter hiking boots were fine. After about 1 mile on the trail there was untouched snow and we donned our snowshoes. We hiked a few of the side trails. The weather was cold but we were toasty in the sun during snowshoeing until we summited the trail to the overlook, then it was fairly breezy and cold. Wear layers, bring water and snacks. I probably would give it less stars as a summer hike but for winter it was easy access to this area and fun with a lot of area to explore. It was more crowded when we returned. Great for canine friends. Also horse friendly.

Jennifer Largin

1 Completed1 Reviews

Great for an easy hike and newbie mountain bikers. I rarely run into people when I go up there. But beware the cows.

Benjamin Thomas

10 Completed1 Reviews

Beautiful

Brian Farley

3 Completed2 Reviews

This was a great little hike I actually went on it as a date and it was perfect for that occasion. It did have a lot of unmarked side trails and we saw a few deer. It wasn't a very "hardcore" hike and if you're looking for an adventure I wouldn't recommend it.

Sergio Mendoza

3 Completed1 Reviews

Este es uno de mis lugares favoritos

Zhou (Joe) Y.

Flat, dusty, shaded, and plenty of horse drops, if not in winter; too much dirt to my liking; saw some deers; an OK experience for us. There are some sub-trails along the way that are not marked. They can be confusing for first timers.

Tatiana Noval

4 Completed3 Reviews

Tatiana Noval

4 Completed3 Reviews

Emily Richards

41 Completed4 Reviews

Not well marked with tons of little trails that interconnect. It was a nice nature area, but definitely not worthy of 4 stars.

Marisa B.