High Rocks Trail

MODERATE
Wytheville, VA
High Rocks Trail is a 2.1 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Wytheville, VA that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking.

2.1 miles 581 feet Point to Point
hiking forest views wild flowers wildlife
Hide Map

Rebecca Chaney

1 Completed1 Reviews

Beautiful views, You can see the interstate I-81 on the right from mile marker 75 to the left view going hlF way into Rural Retreat .. it looks really small and wytheville looks like a spec up on these mountains... Great trail!! Deff. Recommend this!!

Jason Jason Manns

3 Completed3 Reviews

great trial.. great views of the Wytheville area.

rick Spencer

4 Completed1 Reviews

My 11 year old daughter & I ran this relatively short out & back today with a decent amount of snow on the ground. If I lived near there, I'd run it all the time. Fairly steep in places. Nice short challenge with a great view at the top.

Heather Bennett

1 Completed1 Reviews

It's a great trail even though it's pretty short. I didn't measure the distance but the climb was a pretty steady steep one and I got a good workout. Not sure I would rate it as easy just because of the grade and I know people who aren't used to hiking would find it to be moderate to difficult. The view at the top is amazing and the trail continues on but I turned around. Not sure where it goes. There is no signage for the trail there to tell you you've made it or where you'll end up if you continue. As far as parking goes, there are two lots. I totally missed the first one and pulled into the second where there is a gate and an access road. You can park there and you'll see a sign through the trees in the other parking lot, head that direction for the the trail head. There is a fork in the trail at the very beginning. Not sure what is to the right but I went with my gut and took a left. The trail takes you down for a bit then turns up to a pretty steep grade most of the rest of the way. It does level out a couple of times.

Lonnie Tebow

1 Completed1 Reviews

Great trail, but a little hairy finding the trail head. Meets another trail at its end but it's unclear what the name or destination is of this trail (marked town of wytheville).

Karen Morse

1 Completed1 Reviews

beautiful view at the top, very rocky and with all the fall leaves on the trail it made the walk a bit tricky. pretty woods.