High Rocks Trail

Wytheville, VA

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

High Rocks Trail is a 2.1 mile point-to-point trail located near Wytheville, Virginia that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Heather Bennett (139)

1 Completed1 Reviews

It's a great trail even though it's pretty short. I didn't measure the distance but the climb was a pretty steady steep one and I got a good workout. Not sure I would rate it as easy just because of the grade and I know people who aren't used to hiking would find it to be moderate to difficult. The view at the top is amazing and the trail continues on but I turned around. Not sure where it goes. There is no signage for the trail there to tell you you've made it or where you'll end up if you continue. As far as parking goes, there are two lots. I totally missed the first one and pulled into the second where there is a gate and an access road. You can park there and you'll see a sign through the trees in the other parking lot, head that direction for the the trail head. There is a fork in the trail at the very beginning. Not sure what is to the right but I went with my gut and took a left. The trail takes you down for a bit then turns up to a pretty steep grade most of the rest of the way. It does level out a couple of times.

Lonnie Tebow (146)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Great trail, but a little hairy finding the trail head. Meets another trail at its end but it's unclear what the name or destination is of this trail (marked town of wytheville).

Karen Morse (56)

1 Completed1 Reviews

beautiful view at the top, very rocky and with all the fall leaves on the trail it made the walk a bit tricky. pretty woods.

Support