Otter Point Trail Loop

#1 of 6 trails in Northwest River Park
Beautiful View of Northwest River from Picnic Area, Otters sometimes observed

2.5 miles Loop 12 feet
Dog Friendly
hiking mountain biking horses dogs
Hide Map

Northwest River Park has it all! There are over 7 miles of hiking trails including 2 miles of biking trails and many miles of horse trail. There are paddle boats and canoes to rent for boating along the inland lake and scenic Northwest river. There is also camping, fishing and picnicking. This hike will take you along the parks Shuttle Trail and Deer Island Trail which are multiuse hike and bike trails. All park trails connect to the Shuttle Trail which leads to the Southern Terminal where there are restrooms, a dock and picnic tables. Be sure to get a trail system map at the camp store near the park entrance. The Otter Point Trail is one of the shortest trails (1 mile) branching off from the Shuttle Trail and will lead you on a nice hike through a mixed pine/hardwood forest.

Nicole Smith

4 Completed4 Reviews

It was great, it was my first time so I went off the trail for about 30 minutes but then found my way. Lol

Craig R.

This is a nice, easy, short trail. I never knew these trails existed visiting the park many times. This trail was easy, very well marked, and dry (compared to Molly Miller). I very nice one mile hike to enjoy the great outdoors while exercising.

Christina Kinerk-Cruce

8 Completed2 Reviews

This was a fun place to hike. There are several trails to choose from so you can stay on a nice smooth road, or hike through the habitat. Last weekend was our first time hiking here and we are going back next week to check out the other trails, picnic, and rent one of the canoes.

Alan Bourne

717 Completed711 Reviews

Nice trail but not challenging. It is completely flat.

Kathryn Teter

2 Completed1 Reviews

Bill Putnam

12 Completed2 Reviews

Nice easy little stroll on almost completely flat trail. Wasn't a great deal of activity as far as birds or wildlife but a few loud dogs on leashes that had just come off the trail as we were starting may have had something to do with that. Well marked and maintained.

Robert Becker

1 Completed1 Reviews

The park was very clean and the hiking trails/camp grounds looked very nice. The biking trail was a gravel road that ran out to the river and back. It would be great for a family day with kids. I was disappointed that we were only able to bike one the gravel trail since all of the other trails had signs banning bikes. I won't be going back to bike however I would go back to hike and camp. Enjoy!