Wahrani Nature Park Trails

MODERATE
Lanexa, VA
true
Wahrani Nature Park Trails is a 2.6 mile loop trail located near Lanexa, VA and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

Hide Map

Alan Bourne

912 Completed822 Reviews

A nice walk in the woods. I was not getting reception for tracking and it is poorly marked, so I think I did the right trail. It felt like 3 miles. Confusing or not, it was a total joy to hike. No great river or mountain views, but if you like solitude in the woods, it did offer that. I did not encounter any other people, but there was a car in the parking lot.

Savannah Setzer

2 Completed2 Reviews

Not marked very well, but if you walk far enough there is a few graves. Very nice, non strenuous hike.

Jim Setzer

93 Completed18 Reviews

Great little hidden jewel of a park. While the blaze markers should just be ignored, they are so confusing, once you get your bearings here there's a lot to enjoy.

Mike Satterley

11 Completed1 Reviews

Horrible. Not marked or well kept.

John K.

Beautiful park if you're looking to get lost in the woods. No real scenic views, just a beautiful dense forest. There was a light rain and I barely got wet. Very difficult to navigate with poor markings, but small enough that you won't get truly lost. There is a gravesite for Captain John Long, an 18th century sea captain, but after 2 hours walking around, I never did find it . Maybe next time. It's supposed to have a trail for mountain biking, but none of the trails I found myself on seemed appropriate for it.

Eric Grass

7 Completed2 Reviews

Decent enough trail, but it was not very well marked on the backside, which resulted in me having to bushwhack for a few hundred feet until I found another trail to follow.

John Gresham

3 Completed8 Reviews

A miniature rollercoaster with plenty of little valleys and hills. Not a bad primer for someone building themselves up for the AT.