Bandera Mountain Trail

#12 of 291 trails in Snoqualmie National Forest

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Bandera Mountain Trail is a 7 mile out and back trail located near North Bend, Washington that offers scenic views and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from June until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

From Seattle, E on I-90 to exit 45. Left over the freeway on FSR 9030 for 0.5 miles to FSR 9031. Veer left, 4 miles to trailhead

Federal Northwest Forest Pass to park
Vault toilet at the trailhead

Mount Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest
North Bend Ranger Station
42404 Southeast North Bend Way
North Bend, WA 98045
Tel: 425.888-1421

15 Completed 3 Reviews

Amazing trail in a very good shape. Take A LOT of water. We had 4 bottles for each person and it was not enough.
Ira Spring trail (to the fork to Mason Lake/Bandera Trail) took us 1.5 hours and another 1.5 hours to the top of the Bandera Mountain.

1 Completed 1 Reviews

Loved this hike! All the way up the trail you are greeted by amazing views of Rainier. It is worth it to mention that around 1000 feet of the elevation gain is in the last .7 miles, but as long as you are prepared for that and take your time going up the steep portion you will be glad you did. At the summit you have a great view of Rainier, and down the valley. If it is a clear day you can see Bellevue and Seattle.

88 Completed 51 Reviews

After a relaxing lunch at the lake we decided to head back up and take a right at the split sign leading us up to the ridge that over looks Mason Lake. Did I say up??? I meant to say steep rocky and straight up!! My legs are sore today and I only went up the first climb, I heard the last 1/2 mile had more incline then what I just did! I love scrambling up rocks and boulders, but boy there has to be a limit!! I hope to tackle the remaining 1/2 mile soon.. Just too crowded and dusty and too darn tired to make it this time, so I guess this trek will still have to be continued...................

Person_placeholder

31 Completed 30 Reviews

great hike, the last 1/2 mile makes you reconsider the view, but keep at it because the view is worth the effort. did get crowded up and down the trail, but everyone was enjoying the sunny and warm day.

Person_placeholder

3 Completed 1 Reviews

View is beautiful. The last half mile is very hard.

23 Completed 5 Reviews

My favorite hike off of I-90. Beautiful and difficult. If highway noise bothers you, this hike isn't for you.

82 Completed 48 Reviews

My wife and I climbed Little Bandera Mountain. Despite Federal government shutdown the trail was open. The weather was great. The river crossing at 0.8 mile from the trailhead was on a small log bridge over rapid water. The fall color is at its best around the trail fork at 2.9 miles from the trailhead. The trail above 4800 ft was covered with snow. The talus fields were slippery and dangerous without proper equipment and caution. The view at the top was great. Overall it was a rewarding day.

5 Completed 2 Reviews

I'm not sure I'd rate this trail as hard. Sure the last thousand feet were a bit tough. my 8 yr boy tackled it just fine in skater shoes (yeah he forgot good shoes). we did Mason Lake first.....lots of bugs but not many biters. doing Mason first left Bandera nice and quiet in the afternoon

18 Completed 4 Reviews

Tons of bugs!!! There were so many to even enjoy the peak. Didn't go to Mason Lake but after the split sign, it gets steep. Dirt, roots, and huge boulders. Overall good hike but the bugs ruined it. Got chased by a couple of bees too along the trail.

19 Completed 18 Reviews

Can't ask for a better view at the top. So steep for the last portion of the hike! Did I say the last part is steep? Because it is steep! Haha. Well worth the hike and if your in shape I would suggest it. Not an easy hike, which makes it fun :)

Support