Chehalis Western Trail

Olympia, WA

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Chehalis Western Trail is a 22 mile out and back trail located near Olympia, Washington and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, road biking & walking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Roy Nichols (67)

2 Completed3 Reviews

When I lived in Yelm I rode this trail every weekend from Yelm to Rainier and sometimes from Yelm to Olympia and back. Its a nice smooth, level, paved trail. Sundays seem to be when most people are out with their kids and family members. I usually rode during the early afternoon to late afternoon and I met quite a few people but there's room for everyone. Biking, jogging, walking, rollerblading, you can safely do it all on this paved route and I promise you, you will enjoy every minute of it. Enjoy.

Roy Nichols (67)

2 Completed3 Reviews

Redline Photos (107)

2 Completed2 Reviews

Really nice trail did about 12 miles on it. Looking forward to doing the rest.

Jennifer Milan (1791)

24 Completed8 Reviews

Great ride at 10 AM Saturday morning. For late November there were plenty of people on the trail. Started from Woodard Bay and completed 18.5 miles round trip. Stopped at Turkish Kebab on the way back and had a delicious lunch; highly recommend! Next will start farther east to head to Rainier and Yelm.

SEAN WHEELER (183)

11 Completed4 Reviews

One of the things I miss about living in Olympia is this trail. It is a great trail for biking whatever distance you feel like that day.

Tom Johnson (86)

1 Completed1 Reviews

I ride this trail about 4 times a week. Not many people. Very well kept. Nice and peaceful ride time and time again -- I love it. No hills to speak of.

latesha mcger (58)

1 Completed1 Reviews

alot of fun. friendly patrons.

Brian Spears (825)

72 Completed16 Reviews

Brittany H. (229)

This is a great trail for biking. You can really cruise on this well maintained mostly paved trail. Great for long distance bike rides.

Paul Macy (419)

15 Completed9 Reviews

A very well maintained, paved trail that stretches 22 miles from Olympia to Rainier. Good for walking, or bike riding and it never seems to be very crowded.

Support