Chehalis Western Trail

EASY
Olympia, WA
Chehalis Western Trail is a 22 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Olympia, WA and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and road biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

dog friendly hiking road biking walking
Hide Map

Chambers Lake Trailhead:From Seattle, S on I-5 to exit 109. Right on Martin Way E to College Street. Left for 1 mile to 14th Ave. Right for 1 mile to trailhead on left after the trestle.

Cait Capi

3 Completed4 Reviews

Jason Strange

2 Completed1 Reviews

Angelique Zieber

4 Completed4 Reviews

I love this trail and our whole family has been using it frequently for several years now. We have taken our horses' on it, jogged, biked, walked with our dogs, scooters, etc. The biggest issue I have is there are no garbage cans anywhere along the trail. They want you to pick up your dog poo but then expect you to carry it the whole way......which leads to people leaving bags of dog poo along the trail. It wouldn't be that hard to provide cans, then use a little utility vehicle to empty them every so often. Otherwise, hey, if you didn't bring your dogs then enjoy!

Derrin Cogar

Kimy Peterson

2 Completed2 Reviews

Good cycling trail that connects to Woodland. It's very convenient for commuter cyclists. I used to take this trail from my job in Lacey, to rugby practice off of Yelm highway.

Senia Wadford

1 Completed1 Reviews

Beautiful trail, very easy did it in about 2 hours total. Well worth it.

Roy Nichols

2 Completed3 Reviews

When I lived in Yelm I rode this trail every weekend from Yelm to Rainier and sometimes from Yelm to Olympia and back. Its a nice smooth, level, paved trail. Sundays seem to be when most people are out with their kids and family members. I usually rode during the early afternoon to late afternoon and I met quite a few people but there's room for everyone. Biking, jogging, walking, rollerblading, you can safely do it all on this paved route and I promise you, you will enjoy every minute of it. Enjoy.

Roy Nichols

2 Completed3 Reviews

Redline Photos

2 Completed2 Reviews

Really nice trail did about 12 miles on it. Looking forward to doing the rest.

Jennifer Milan

73 Completed9 Reviews

Great ride at 10 AM Saturday morning. For late November there were plenty of people on the trail. Started from Woodard Bay and completed 18.5 miles round trip. Stopped at Turkish Kebab on the way back and had a delicious lunch; highly recommend! Next will start farther east to head to Rainier and Yelm.

SEAN WHEELER

12 Completed4 Reviews

One of the things I miss about living in Olympia is this trail. It is a great trail for biking whatever distance you feel like that day.

Tom Johnson

1 Completed1 Reviews

I ride this trail about 4 times a week. Not many people. Very well kept. Nice and peaceful ride time and time again -- I love it. No hills to speak of.

latesha mcger

1 Completed1 Reviews

alot of fun. friendly patrons.

Brian Spears

79 Completed16 Reviews

Brittany Hoffman

5 Completed5 Reviews

This is a great trail for biking. You can really cruise on this well maintained mostly paved trail. Great for long distance bike rides.

Paul Macy

15 Completed9 Reviews

A very well maintained, paved trail that stretches 22 miles from Olympia to Rainier. Good for walking, or bike riding and it never seems to be very crowded.

Blaine Snow

3 Completed1 Reviews

Scenic rail trail stretching from Woodard Bay nature preserve (The Nature Conservancy) south to the town of Rainier, WA. Great for walking, biking, running, roller blading, birding. Well maintained by Thurston County Parks & Rec. Crosses various rural roads, has bridges over some major roads such as I-5 and Martin Way.