Chirico Trail

#2 of 7 trails in Squak Mountain State Park

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Chirico Trail is a 3.6 mile out and back trail located near Issaquah, Washington that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail, but only on leash.

This is the shorter route to Poo Poo Point, beginning at the paragliding landing field rather than the high school several miles to the north.

From Seattle, east on I-90 to exit 17, Front Street. Turn right off the freeway and travel 2.8 miles to the gravel parking area on the left. The trailhead is across the field.

No permits needed, parking is free. (although scarce on weekends, when the trail and paragliding field get heavy use) Street parking is prohibited.
Portable toilets and a picnic table in the parking lot.

Washington State Department of Natural Resources
South Puget Sound Region
Tel: 360.825.1631

Roberta Simes

5 Completed 5 Reviews

Harder than rattlesnake for sure. This is a beautiful and slightly buggy trail, but I loved it. Will do again. Had a nice lunch watching the para sailers fly around.

3 Completed 1 Reviews

Nice place for a hike. We took 45 minutes to get to the top with occasional stops, 35 minutes to get down. This trail is great because it can be taken slower or ran up for a harder workout. We saw a few para gliders taking off at the lower view point. Make sure to hike the extra few minutes to the poo poo point.

3 Completed 3 Reviews

Great hike!

6 Completed 5 Reviews

4 Completed 4 Reviews

Pretty steep incline, and not much scenery on the way, but the view at the top definitely made it worth it.

30 Completed 30 Reviews

3 Completed 3 Reviews

Very steep trail that is a little too narrow given the amount of traffic. We started around 8:45 AM and we were constantly running into others. Great views from the top though.

14 Completed 11 Reviews

Being that its short but steep it is a fun hike to challenge yourself by charging up to the top. Many people use it as running trail. It is however popular and easily accessible so try to hit it early. We started out around 730 on a Sunday and there were only a few hikers already on the hill. I highly recommend going on a day when the clouds are low above Issaquah. looking out on the white sea is incredible. You can see Mt. Rainier from the lower lookout, and Squak, Cougar, and even the Olympics from the upper one.

Icon_

6 Completed 1 Reviews

Great hike! I didn't expect the constant uphill climb. Once I got to the top it was worth it. I should have brought another shirt with me because mine was soaked. Trail can get crowded but everyone I met were extremely courteous to an old guy like me taking my time

7 Completed 2 Reviews

Great hike that is also a great workout. Love to bring my dogs along!

Support