Chirico Trail

#2 of 7 trails in Squak Mountain State Park

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Chirico Trail is a 3.6 mile out and back trail located near Issaquah, Washington that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail, but only on leash.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Jacob Bearchum (110)

7 Completed7 Reviews

Super steep and definitely a solid workout. Not the most scenic trail, but the 1st quarter has super awesome stone steps. The view at the top is nice but before that there's a better view of Ol'Rainier. Great for a quick tough hike.

Roberta S. (201)

Harder than rattlesnake for sure. This is a beautiful and slightly buggy trail, but I loved it. Will do again. Had a nice lunch watching the para sailers fly around.

Taylor Danielle (48)

3 Completed1 Reviews

Nice place for a hike. We took 45 minutes to get to the top with occasional stops, 35 minutes to get down. This trail is great because it can be taken slower or ran up for a harder workout. We saw a few para gliders taking off at the lower view point. Make sure to hike the extra few minutes to the poo poo point.

Rachel Hemphill (62)

3 Completed3 Reviews

Great hike!

Chris Justice (146)

6 Completed5 Reviews

Ryan Bilco (129)

4 Completed4 Reviews

Pretty steep incline, and not much scenery on the way, but the view at the top definitely made it worth it.

Tuan Nguyen (1602)

35 Completed34 Reviews

Anthony Mansoor (110)

5 Completed4 Reviews

Very steep trail that is a little too narrow given the amount of traffic. We started around 8:45 AM and we were constantly running into others. Great views from the top though.

Sam Kelling (299)

15 Completed11 Reviews

Being that its short but steep it is a fun hike to challenge yourself by charging up to the top. Many people use it as running trail. It is however popular and easily accessible so try to hit it early. We started out around 730 on a Sunday and there were only a few hikers already on the hill. I highly recommend going on a day when the clouds are low above Issaquah. looking out on the white sea is incredible. You can see Mt. Rainier from the lower lookout, and Squak, Cougar, and even the Olympics from the upper one.

Derek Mickles (348)

6 Completed1 Reviews

Great hike! I didn't expect the constant uphill climb. Once I got to the top it was worth it. I should have brought another shirt with me because mine was soaked. Trail can get crowded but everyone I met were extremely courteous to an old guy like me taking my time

Support