Ebey's Landing Trail

#1 of 3 trails in Ebey's Landing National Historical Reserve

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Ebey's Landing Trail is a 3.5 mile loop trail located near Coupeville, Washington and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Robin A. (131)

Beautiful trail. A wonderful view and easy day hike.

Sean Anter (120)

3 Completed3 Reviews

Amazing views! Very much worth the beginning up-hill hike. Nice walk on the beach on the way back.

Katharine Burns (197)

3 Completed1 Reviews

Lots and lots of up hill but oh so worth the climb. Fantastic views and so much to see. brought my old-lady dog and she loved it (the up-hill was a bit hard on the old girl)

kathy mcnitt (49)

4 Completed1 Reviews

Really wish I had brought my running shoes or the airlines weren't so stingy. Absolutely fabulous trail. So nice I went barefoot until descending to the beach where I put my flip flops back on. The last 25 feet or so going down was like "skiing" down scree on a 14k'er. Super fun. Amazing views. Good workout but can be casually trekked as well. Nice people. Pay the $10 in parking and support the National Service!

Kelly Barstow (87)

2 Completed2 Reviews

very unexpected, wasn't sure if I was on the trail or not after I made my way down a very steep part. but overall I had a wonderful time, and I will be back again! beautiful view and I loved hiking the bluffs!

Jan Pickard (46)

1 Completed1 Reviews

As a lifelong resident of Ebey's Reserve I am thrilled to see the five star rating if the Bluff hike. I agree, it is the best. I noticed Tamara suggesting carving your initials on the clay bluff. Please don't, that greatly affects erosion which we do everything possible to curb, including planting heritage plants. Thanks for visiting Ebey's Landing National Historical Reserve.

Jennifer Quinn (181)

1 Completed1 Reviews

The family enjoyed this trail. Nice climb, good views, beach combing. Note: at the halfway point when you need to descend to the sea level, the official route is very steep. Too steep for some in our party. However, if you continue just a bit further, there is a gentler descent with more switchbacks. Wish we had known....

Kris Endsley-teets (128)

5 Completed2 Reviews

The trail get's pretty busy and you can park on the side of the road, but to park in the parking lot you need a Discovery pass. Also Engle Rd is much closer than it seems on the map. Keep your eyes peeled as yo leave Fort Casey-- oh and if you make a side trip to Ft. Casey, you have to have a Discovery pass there too. Pretty trail and lots of friendly people.

Tamara Ahola (437)

19 Completed2 Reviews

this walk was absolutly beautiful stayed till sunset was a perfect day for for clear sunny n warm felt like spring. Make sure you wakl down the beach too the clay wall to write your name in it and stop off at the light house it is beautiful, and stop by fort casey. This trail is great to bring kids!

Jenn Scott (158)

2 Completed2 Reviews

LOTS of uphill! Amazing view! A definite workout, but worth it.

Support