Ebey's Landing Trail

#1 of 3 trails in Ebey's Landing National Historical Reserve

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Ebey's Landing Trail is a 3.5 mile loop trail located near Coupeville, Washington and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Joseph Meade (404)

29 Completed18 Reviews

This should be easy hike for most anyone. The grade / climb is not difficult and the length makes it very convenient. The views of the sound are great from this trail which runs along the bluff above Ebey's Landing. My GPS said the distance was closer to 3.8 miles (and a bit) than the 3.5 miles advertised. We hiked this trail on a pretty warm day and our dog was a little uncomfortable on the hot sand which covers most of the trail for its entire length. The trail has some spots with steep drops (careful please) and does get narrow (single file only) going down the switchbacks towards the beach.

moeinseattle . (373)

7 Completed9 Reviews

Pro: the trail is very easy, good for dogs on leash, and it is peaceful. Cons: a lot of dog poop. Please, people, pick up after your dogs! In addition, there's one part of the trail that is very close to a cliff -about a 100-foot drop. If you have children, please be very careful. Overall, it was the easiest hike I've ever done in my life.

Tabitha Parra (70)

7 Completed1 Reviews

It was a great hike, definitely great work-out in some areas. The view is amazing all around, I took my kids who are 6 & 7 & my 7 month old Labrador. Water on this hike is definitely needed for both kids and animals. We saw amazing view of the American Eagle sitting in the tree. Great spots for photos if your in to that stuff. Watch your step and stay on trail. My son encountered a snake as we walked by, normal nothing to be alarmed. On a beautiful day I definitely recommend!!!! We would do it again.

Jennifer newmarch (55)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Great evening hike. Windy but amazing views. Next time would walk back up the bluff

Cameron Hopkins (36)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Beautiful hike! The views of the sound and the Olympics are amazing.

Barry G. (359)

Mark Hooton (241)

21 Completed9 Reviews

The loop is very nice on a decent day. A few steep parts but for the average hiker this will seem like a cakewalk. I recommend getting out there and seeing the view from the ridge at least once!

Samantha McDougle (1834)

56 Completed13 Reviews

It was a very beautiful evening to hike along the Ebey's Bluff. We started at 4:30 pm and the clouds were very bold and dramatic. The wildflowers are just starting to bloom. Probably another 4 to 6 weeks before the hillside is in bloom with the purple peas. A very enjoyable and relaxing hike, listening to the crashing waves and soaking up the stunning views!

Robin A. (252)

Beautiful trail. A wonderful view and easy day hike.

Sean Anter (120)

3 Completed3 Reviews

Amazing views! Very much worth the beginning up-hill hike. Nice walk on the beach on the way back.