Franklin Falls Trail

#9 of 294 trails in Snoqualmie National Forest
Franklin Falls Trail is a 2 mile out and back trail located near Snoqualmie Pass, Washington that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from July until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

2.0 miles Out & Back 400 feet
Dog Friendly
hiking dogs leash river waterfall
Hide Map

From Seattle, E on I-90 to exit 47. Left off the freeway. Right at T in road for .4 miles. Left on FSR 58 for 2.5 miles to FSR 5830. Turn left and park before bridge, trailhead is just before bridge on the right.

Emily Laura

12 Completed12 Reviews

Franklin Falls is a fun and easy hike. Really great for kids or people with dogs who are new to hiking. It was a nice additional to a longer day as well. There are several other hikes near the same trailhead, so we just added it to our day. It was mellow and not too packed. We had the falls to ourselves for about 10 minutes, which was all the time we needed.

John St. Marie

15 Completed14 Reviews

Easy short hike with a nice reward.

Sj Kwon

12 Completed5 Reviews

Sj Kwon

12 Completed5 Reviews

Beautiful and easy hike in the evening.

Barbara Dobbins

3 Completed2 Reviews

A beautiful, walk in the woods, with a wonderful treat at the end. We got there about 9am. Parking was a challenge, on the day we were there there were crews working on the trails, so this added to the parking issue. The walk out is a steady uphill slope. The trail is exceptionally well maintained, with stairs cut into the slopes. I personally had a hard time with climb down to the falls, and back out. I was grateful they weren't wet, as I'm sure they can be slippery. The rock path is very narrow, and I struggle with heights and balance. More of a ptsd issue, took a bad tumble down rocks years ago. Their were a few people there when we first got there, for the most part was glad we went when we did, actually had the whole place to ourselves for about 15 mins. It was perfection. Climbing back out proved to be hard for mr, felt kind of ridiculous, as I had watched several just trot up, I certainly understood some of the other reviews regarding being nervous with children. Was grateful we went when we did, we passed throngs of people coming back down the trail. I can only imagine how busy it gets down there. It gets a 4 for parking

stephanie Pollock

2 Completed2 Reviews

This was a great, easy, close hke for me and my kids (ages 3 and 6). Get there early to avoid the crowds and find a place to park (like 9am or earlier)

Angie Pellegrini

5 Completed5 Reviews

Easy trail, nice views throughout and great ending but oh-my-God if you're a paranoid mom with a 4 year old the ending by the fails where you're actually climbing down the rock wall is terrifying.

Sara McNeill

11 Completed7 Reviews

Ilya Bez

1 Completed1 Reviews

Great trail to spend a few hours with kids.

Toni Bolton

1 Completed1 Reviews

Great easy trail, made it to the falls in 20 minutes. Nice view and took some beautiful photos. Enjoyable hike with son