Franklin Falls Trail

EASY
#8 of 295 trails in Snoqualmie National Forest
l>
Franklin Falls Trail is a 0.9 mile out and back trail located near Snoqualmie Pass, WA that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and snowshoeing and is accessible from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

dogs on leash hiking snowshoeing river waterfall
Hide Map

From Seattle, E on I-90 to exit 47. Left off the freeway. Right at T in road for .4 miles. Left on FSR 58 for 2.5 miles to FSR 5830. Turn left and park before bridge, trailhead is just before bridge on the right.

Diana Gasanbekova

6 Completed1 Reviews

Easy but good hike. You can check out my video from there http://youtu.be/nmEigdpJ5fM :)

Monica F.

Hiked this yesterday. So first off, the trail is "closed for the winter," so of course there were lots of us out there. Directions easy to follow. Lots of snow. Cannot reach the parking lot, can only drive part way up FSR 58, had to park and then walk to FSR 5830 and the trail head. Parking is basically on the side on the rode, just enough room to park one row of cars and then one lane for cars to drive in and out. Yes, one lane, with cars going in both directions. Envision that mess. Good traction for shoes probably a must a and trekking poles helpful. If you've never hiked this trail, there is so much snow that the "trail" is only 6 to 8 inches below the rails on the regular trail. Foot bridges with almost 3 feet of snow packed on top. Absolutely beautiful. Made it to within 40 yds of the bottom of the falls when we had a scary experience. One member of our group slipped off the trail when she was on her own. Just sharing so that folks remember to hike together. She was literally less than 10 yds in front of me when I turned to watch another friend come down. When I turned around all that was on the trail was her trekking pole. If you take your time, it's very doable, So thanks to the wonderful people who helped us out, my friend was not seriously injured was was within 3 feet of falling off the cliffside into the water. Safe and happy hiking!

Max Hayes

1 Completed1 Reviews

The hike is about 4 miles round trip longer than stated at the current time. Too much snow to make it to the actual parking lot. More than plenty of snow to go around. Take caution with your camera at the falls due to the mist it may cause water damage and condensation if you don't have a weather sleeve. Lot of fun though. Hiked in a pair of nikes (forgot boots oops) and feet really didn't get too wet.

Dana Altier

4 Completed3 Reviews

Awesome short hike with great falls at the end. Traction and poles recommended this time a year. Plenty of snow there today.

Emily Laura

13 Completed13 Reviews

Franklin Falls is a fun and easy hike. Really great for kids or people with dogs who are new to hiking. It was a nice additional to a longer day as well. There are several other hikes near the same trailhead, so we just added it to our day. It was mellow and not too packed. We had the falls to ourselves for about 10 minutes, which was all the time we needed.

John St. Marie

17 Completed16 Reviews

Easy short hike with a nice reward.

Sj Kwon

12 Completed5 Reviews

Sj Kwon

12 Completed5 Reviews

Beautiful and easy hike in the evening.

Barbara Dobbins

4 Completed2 Reviews

A beautiful, walk in the woods, with a wonderful treat at the end. We got there about 9am. Parking was a challenge, on the day we were there there were crews working on the trails, so this added to the parking issue. The walk out is a steady uphill slope. The trail is exceptionally well maintained, with stairs cut into the slopes. I personally had a hard time with climb down to the falls, and back out. I was grateful they weren't wet, as I'm sure they can be slippery. The rock path is very narrow, and I struggle with heights and balance. More of a ptsd issue, took a bad tumble down rocks years ago. Their were a few people there when we first got there, for the most part was glad we went when we did, actually had the whole place to ourselves for about 15 mins. It was perfection. Climbing back out proved to be hard for mr, felt kind of ridiculous, as I had watched several just trot up, I certainly understood some of the other reviews regarding being nervous with children. Was grateful we went when we did, we passed throngs of people coming back down the trail. I can only imagine how busy it gets down there. It gets a 4 for parking

stephanie Pollock

2 Completed2 Reviews

This was a great, easy, close hke for me and my kids (ages 3 and 6). Get there early to avoid the crowds and find a place to park (like 9am or earlier)