Franklin Falls Trail

#9 of 294 trails in Snoqualmie National Forest

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Franklin Falls Trail is a 2 mile out and back trail located near Snoqualmie Pass, Washington that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from July until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Sj Kwon (288)

12 Completed5 Reviews

Sj Kwon (288)

12 Completed5 Reviews

Beautiful and easy hike in the evening.

Barbara Dobbins (143)

3 Completed2 Reviews

A beautiful, walk in the woods, with a wonderful treat at the end. We got there about 9am. Parking was a challenge, on the day we were there there were crews working on the trails, so this added to the parking issue. The walk out is a steady uphill slope. The trail is exceptionally well maintained, with stairs cut into the slopes. I personally had a hard time with climb down to the falls, and back out. I was grateful they weren't wet, as I'm sure they can be slippery. The rock path is very narrow, and I struggle with heights and balance. More of a ptsd issue, took a bad tumble down rocks years ago. Their were a few people there when we first got there, for the most part was glad we went when we did, actually had the whole place to ourselves for about 15 mins. It was perfection. Climbing back out proved to be hard for mr, felt kind of ridiculous, as I had watched several just trot up, I certainly understood some of the other reviews regarding being nervous with children. Was grateful we went when we did, we passed throngs of people coming back down the trail. I can only imagine how busy it gets down there. It gets a 4 for parking

stephanie Pollock (65)

2 Completed2 Reviews

This was a great, easy, close hke for me and my kids (ages 3 and 6). Get there early to avoid the crowds and find a place to park (like 9am or earlier)

Angie Pellegrini (80)

5 Completed5 Reviews

Easy trail, nice views throughout and great ending but oh-my-God if you're a paranoid mom with a 4 year old the ending by the fails where you're actually climbing down the rock wall is terrifying.

Sara McNeill (114)

7 Completed5 Reviews

Ilya Bez (116)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Great trail to spend a few hours with kids.

Toni Bolton (39)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Great easy trail, made it to the falls in 20 minutes. Nice view and took some beautiful photos. Enjoyable hike with son

Sandeep Sinha (36)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Great for kids. Parking is hard

Shelby Brenden (83)

3 Completed3 Reviews

I would suggest going super early in the AM to avoid all the people going to check out the waterfall. It's a nice little walk. If you want a little bit more adventure look to the right side of the waterfall going up past the main walk down and you'll see a small hidden trail that goes above the normal trail and it becomes the "back road" trail. Enjoy