Franklin Falls Trail

EASY
#8 of 169 trails in Snoqualmie National Forest
true
Franklin Falls Trail is a 1.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Snoqualmie Pass, WA that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

dogs on leash kid friendly birding hiking nature trips snowshoeing walking forest river views waterfall wild flowers wildlife
Hide Map

From Seattle, E on I-90 to exit 47. Left off the freeway. Right at T in road for .4 miles. Left on FSR 58 for 2.5 miles to FSR 5830. Turn left and park before bridge, trailhead is just before bridge on the right.

Samantha Lizardi

2 Completed0 Reviews

Beautiful! Easy hike, enjoyable for all experience levels.

Andrew Cole

39 Completed1 Reviews

Still a bit of snow/ice various spots on the trial. You have to go a bit off trail in some areas due to fallen trees and a few other trees to duck under. Take a jacket because the falls are pretty big due to runoff and lots of mist once you're actually get to the fall. There is a paved lot a bit farther up the road that most don't seem to know about. The road was blocked just pass the parking lot due to LARGE tree across the road.

Genevieve Mock

1 Completed0 Reviews

It was a nice easy hike down the road and then down into the Forest area where there wasn't really a paved trail, but we followed the river and found the cement stone stairs which led down to the falls!

Lina Laki

3 Completed0 Reviews

The trail was great, I just wasnt excited about the snow on it.. And the road there was blocked so we started from the trail head.. DO NOT USE THE DIRECTIONS FROM GOOGLE! Use the directions from the WTA..

Jaleesa Covington

1 Completed0 Reviews

It's a bit icy in various spots on the trial. You have to go a bit of trail in some areas due to fallen trees. Take a jacket because the fall is aggressive and the wind blows the water everywhere once you're actually get to the fall. It's. No cost to hike this trail parking is a bit tight but manageable. We went early in the morning arrived around 10 and it was a few cars out by the time we got back to our car around 12 traffic had build up big time. All in all great experience just be really careful.
Also these directions

Zena Moran

19 Completed1 Reviews

Amazing Waterfall, definitely one of my favorites to bring newbies on along with me. It's accessible as of Tuesday April 5. The snow covers 4-5 feet of the trail at points but because it's a popular trail, it's easy to hike if you watch your steps. There is piled up snow as a road block to prevent vehicles from going further (for your own safety) so you have to walk a bit on the paved road to the trailhead as there is several trees down. We passed by two SUVs stuck in the snow. Don't let the extra half mile intimidate you, because the relatively short hike will end sooner than you know it and you'll be showered by the incredibly fresh alpine water. Franklin Falls is on exit 47 coming from I-5 N then take a right at the T. We took two twelve year olds and they made it perfectly fine with a couple falls. (Keep your camera ready, they're harmless and hilarious)

Warren Denham

4 Completed0 Reviews

Good trail, was snow covered when we went today. A low clearance vehicle can get as far as everybody else. as someone else said single lane parking, can be awful at peak hours but what can you do. You'll have to hike an extra mile to the trailhead with about an extra 300-400 feet elevation gain, not bad.

I suggest unless you have trekking poles you follow the road back to where it meets the trail again.

right now it is somewhat dangerous approaching the falls. I made it down with my 4 year old, so it's definitely doable you just need to TAKE YOUR TIME. If your not very flexible than don't even try.

as for the trail itself it leaves a bit to be desired for tree openings and mountain views, but the falls are nice.

Ilona Leskovets

6 Completed0 Reviews

Easy hike for a beautiful waterfall especially in the winter

Diana Gasanbekova

6 Completed1 Reviews

Easy but good hike. You can check out my video from there http://youtu.be/nmEigdpJ5fM :)

Monica F.

Hiked this yesterday. So first off, the trail is "closed for the winter," so of course there were lots of us out there. Directions easy to follow. Lots of snow. Cannot reach the parking lot, can only drive part way up FSR 58, had to park and then walk to FSR 5830 and the trail head. Parking is basically on the side on the rode, just enough room to park one row of cars and then one lane for cars to drive in and out. Yes, one lane, with cars going in both directions. Envision that mess. Good traction for shoes probably a must a and trekking poles helpful. If you've never hiked this trail, there is so much snow that the "trail" is only 6 to 8 inches below the rails on the regular trail. Foot bridges with almost 3 feet of snow packed on top. Absolutely beautiful. Made it to within 40 yds of the bottom of the falls when we had a scary experience. One member of our group slipped off the trail when she was on her own. Just sharing so that folks remember to hike together. She was literally less than 10 yds in front of me when I turned to watch another friend come down. When I turned around all that was on the trail was her trekking pole. If you take your time, it's very doable, So thanks to the wonderful people who helped us out, my friend was not seriously injured was was within 3 feet of falling off the cliffside into the water. Safe and happy hiking!

Max Hayes

1 Completed1 Reviews

The hike is about 4 miles round trip longer than stated at the current time. Too much snow to make it to the actual parking lot. More than plenty of snow to go around. Take caution with your camera at the falls due to the mist it may cause water damage and condensation if you don't have a weather sleeve. Lot of fun though. Hiked in a pair of nikes (forgot boots oops) and feet really didn't get too wet.

Dana Altier

7 Completed3 Reviews

Awesome short hike with great falls at the end. Traction and poles recommended this time a year. Plenty of snow there today.

Emily Laura

14 Completed13 Reviews

Franklin Falls is a fun and easy hike. Really great for kids or people with dogs who are new to hiking. It was a nice additional to a longer day as well. There are several other hikes near the same trailhead, so we just added it to our day. It was mellow and not too packed. We had the falls to ourselves for about 10 minutes, which was all the time we needed.

John St. Marie

18 Completed16 Reviews

Easy short hike with a nice reward.

Sj Kwon

12 Completed5 Reviews

Sj Kwon

12 Completed5 Reviews

Beautiful and easy hike in the evening.

Barbara Dobbins

4 Completed2 Reviews

A beautiful, walk in the woods, with a wonderful treat at the end. We got there about 9am. Parking was a challenge, on the day we were there there were crews working on the trails, so this added to the parking issue. The walk out is a steady uphill slope. The trail is exceptionally well maintained, with stairs cut into the slopes. I personally had a hard time with climb down to the falls, and back out. I was grateful they weren't wet, as I'm sure they can be slippery. The rock path is very narrow, and I struggle with heights and balance. More of a ptsd issue, took a bad tumble down rocks years ago. Their were a few people there when we first got there, for the most part was glad we went when we did, actually had the whole place to ourselves for about 15 mins. It was perfection. Climbing back out proved to be hard for mr, felt kind of ridiculous, as I had watched several just trot up, I certainly understood some of the other reviews regarding being nervous with children. Was grateful we went when we did, we passed throngs of people coming back down the trail. I can only imagine how busy it gets down there. It gets a 4 for parking

stephanie Pollock

2 Completed2 Reviews

This was a great, easy, close hke for me and my kids (ages 3 and 6). Get there early to avoid the crowds and find a place to park (like 9am or earlier)

Angie Pellegrini

5 Completed5 Reviews

Easy trail, nice views throughout and great ending but oh-my-God if you're a paranoid mom with a 4 year old the ending by the fails where you're actually climbing down the rock wall is terrifying.

Sara McNeill