Franklin Falls Trail

#7 of 291 trails in Snoqualmie National Forest

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Franklin Falls Trail is a 2 mile out and back trail located near Snoqualmie Pass, Washington that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from July until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

From Seattle, E on I-90 to exit 47. Left off the freeway. Right at T in road for .4 miles. Left on FSR 58 for 2.5 miles to FSR 5830. Turn left and park before bridge, trailhead is just before bridge on the right.

Federal Northwest Forest Pass

Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest
Snoqualmie District (North Bend)
Tel: 425.888.1421

4 Completed 4 Reviews

Slippery at the end. Otherwise a great short hike for kids.

44 Completed 3 Reviews

The road to the parking lot where we typically park the car for the trail is blocked off a few hundred feet before you encounter the bridge... so we had to park way back and it was pretty hard if there are any other cars around... We followed trails made by previous hikers and the snow there was probably 1-2 feet ... we slipped and few a few times. we went 3/4 way but the snow began to come down pretty hard and it was dark so we decided to turn around as we wouldn't expected to be able to go down to the waterfall giving how dense and thick the snow was... It was definitely a good exercise though. The snow made everything so much more difficult... My gf and I enjoyed it. :)

138 Completed 76 Reviews

The road was snow free with just some ice/slush the last half mile after crossing the 2 lane bridge. There were a handful of people on the trail which is pretty much a gravel sidewalk and very little mud. Not enough snow for snowshoes yet but bring micro spikes if you have them - the last 75 ft down to the falls was a thick sheet of ice. I agree with others that this trail is very short and easy so you may want to combine this one with another trail in the area. The falls and surrounding icicles are beautiful in the winter.

18 Completed 17 Reviews

Not too far from I-90 and pretty easy to find due to good signage. Relatively busy with kids and dogs, but the trail itself wasn't too bad. Pretty views of the water and eventual falls. Might be a little slippery if it was raining, but was not a problem for us. Like everyone says: it's perfect for little kids and old dogs. I think our dog still is too energetic at 6 to have gotten a good workout. That was the only major flaw in the trail. The other small niggle is that you can see the freeway directly over the falls.

1 Completed 1 Reviews

nice easy hike and a beautiful spot for a picnic lunch especially on a hot day.

14 Completed 7 Reviews

This is a great hike for beginners or hikers with young kids. The trail is interesting with lots of different terrain and the views are incredible the whole way along the river.

We went on a nice weather day which was also Fathers Day on Sunday. There were a good number of other people on the trail, but not terrible. Virtually everyone was a family with kids.

Our kids are 3 and 5 and the 5 year old only complained a little bit. There are a lot of places for kids to fall off of high ledges, so keep them close!

The water fall at the end is worth it!

The narrow rock trail that leads down the final few hundred feet are wet and slippery. I did not see anyone venture down that far though... except me. :)

19 Completed 18 Reviews

Short hike to a nice waterfall. Plan other short hikes in this area because this will not take you a long time to do

22 Completed 4 Reviews

A friend and I did this hike in feb. this year with some spike shoes an snow shoes if we needed them. This was a nice easy short hike to the falls. Good beginner snow shoe starter trail I would say. The falls are pretty cool also.

3 Completed 8 Reviews

Easy hike with several places to start. The river is very pretty the whole way. The falls are impressive, especially when water is high. But more fun is to be had in low water conditions. Great for young kids.

25 Completed 5 Reviews

Nice little waterfall to stop by if you are planning the Denny creek trail, as long as your only stopping by the "waterslide" and second waterfall. Both fairly easy to get to and do in a day and enjoy.

Support