Greenwater Lakes Trail

#20 of 292 trails in Snoqualmie National Forest

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Greenwater Lakes Trail is a 4 mile trail located near Greenwater, Washington that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from May until October. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

chu lee (43)

1 Completed1 Reviews

easy with family and water and lake just right

Tuan Nguyen (1604)

35 Completed34 Reviews

Got lucky as the morning weather was awesome, plenty of sun and a great trek along beautiful tree paths and the sun shown while we were at Greenwater Lake. Would be a great place to camp out.

Christopher Carrigan (211)

6 Completed6 Reviews

I have hike to the Greenwater lakes many times. I used to camp next to the river just before the vehicle bridge. Its hit or miss on getting a car site plus there can be a lot of crazy up there. I would recommend camping at the lakes as hikers tend to be better neighbors. I have done it with small children and dogs. If you want a little more you can continue to Echo Lake. There are only a few camp areas and they aren't very large. The hike is pretty easy and beautiful. There are also horse on this trail. If there are a lot they make mud pits and you have to watch for poo.

Hailey Hinckley (602)

16 Completed9 Reviews

Did this trail today with my wife and our dog. We went with the intention of going all the way to Echo Lake which ended up not happening because of our late start. The lakes are beautiful! We will for sure do this hike again so that we can make it all the way to Echo Lake.

Todd Rossi (2963)

43 Completed35 Reviews

Great day, high 70's low 80's. Trail was excellent, light traffic, and the lakes were pristine. Didn't go all the way to Echo lake only the lawyer two. A word of caution for those with the same idea I had. The inviting sandbar at the east end of the second lake is accessible but be prepared to wade through knee + deep mud on the way. Access via the creek may be a better option.

Leif Vieweg (872)

34 Completed34 Reviews

Great starter hike. Went past greenwater lakes to Echo lake last weekend. Echo is a fisherman's heaven, so bring a pole if that's your thing.

Nikki Stoneburner (292)

6 Completed6 Reviews

Kids really enjoyed this hike! Trail was well maintained and wide, pretty flat and easy for all of us with great views of the river, waterfalls, old growth and, of course, the lake. Especially loved the log bridges back and forth over the water. Will definitely be coming back!

Billy Josie (91)

1 Completed1 Reviews

I took my 8 year old son on this hike for his first overnight backpack trip. We only hiked in to the first lake, but it was great it was far enough in that he felt like he accomplished something, but not so far it took the fun out of it for him. He did carry his own clothes and sleeping bag, and he really enjoyed crossing the bridges. I think it made the hike a bit more like an adventure. We went in mid July and it was great!

Kevin Johnson (93)

6 Completed1 Reviews

Hiked this trail today! Really enjoyed and the lake is amazing! Once you turn on to forest service 70 rd though my gps said it was 1.3miles turn right that was not the case you have to keep going through a bunch of corners up the hill and it was probably closer to 8 miles to that right turn. Well worth the drive though. Will for sure go back some time soon

Dj Piland (120)

5 Completed5 Reviews

Nice wide and well maintained trail. $5 fee, there is a restroom at the trailhead. There are two separate lakes I noticed only a few hundred yards apart. They had a few campsites at at each lake as well which could be fun for a night or two. The trail follows the river most of the time so you get that nice relaxing sound as you hike through the woods.

Support