Greenwater Lakes Trail

Greenwater, WA
Share review on:

Thanks! How would you describe the trail and its activities?

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Greenwater Lakes Trail is a 4 mile trail located near Greenwater, Washington that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from May until October. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

From Seattle, east on I-90, south on I-405 and then south on Highway 169 to Enumclaw. In Enumclaw, S on Highway 410. 18.8 miles past mile marker 26 turn Left on FSR 70 for 9.7 miles. Right on FSR 7033 for 0.2 miles to trailhead.

Federal Northwest Forest Pass

Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest
Snoqualmie District (Enumclaw)
Tel: 360.825-6585
www.fs.fed.us/r6/mbs/

14 Completed 10 Reviews

Easy and wide trail up to GreenWater Lake. Trail is well maintained and the forest and lakes were on full display when the sun peaked out from the clouds.

14 Completed 10 Reviews

Got lucky as the morning weather was awesome, plenty of sun and a great trek along beautiful tree paths and the sun shown while we were at Greenwater Lake. Would be a great place to camp out.

6 Completed 6 Reviews

I have hike to the Greenwater lakes many times. I used to camp next to the river just before the vehicle bridge. Its hit or miss on getting a car site plus there can be a lot of crazy up there. I would recommend camping at the lakes as hikers tend to be better neighbors. I have done it with small children and dogs. If you want a little more you can continue to Echo Lake. There are only a few camp areas and they aren't very large. The hike is pretty easy and beautiful. There are also horse on this trail. If there are a lot they make mud pits and you have to watch for poo.

Icon_b56b156e0d523a821278181c64358826

15 Completed 9 Reviews

Did this trail today with my wife and our dog. We went with the intention of going all the way to Echo Lake which ended up not happening because of our late start. The lakes are beautiful! We will for sure do this hike again so that we can make it all the way to Echo Lake.

Icon_5d8576b8c2be5cbad1e3e56c6a9716be

36 Completed 29 Reviews

Great day, high 70's low 80's. Trail was excellent, light traffic, and the lakes were pristine. Didn't go all the way to Echo lake only the lawyer two. A word of caution for those with the same idea I had. The inviting sandbar at the east end of the second lake is accessible but be prepared to wade through knee + deep mud on the way. Access via the creek may be a better option.

10 Completed 10 Reviews

Great starter hike. Went past greenwater lakes to Echo lake last weekend. Echo is a fisherman's heaven, so bring a pole if that's your thing.

6 Completed 6 Reviews

Kids really enjoyed this hike! Trail was well maintained and wide, pretty flat and easy for all of us with great views of the river, waterfalls, old growth and, of course, the lake. Especially loved the log bridges back and forth over the water. Will definitely be coming back!

1 Completed 1 Reviews

I took my 8 year old son on this hike for his first overnight backpack trip. We only hiked in to the first lake, but it was great it was far enough in that he felt like he accomplished something, but not so far it took the fun out of it for him. He did carry his own clothes and sleeping bag, and he really enjoyed crossing the bridges. I think it made the hike a bit more like an adventure. We went in mid July and it was great!

6 Completed 1 Reviews

Hiked this trail today! Really enjoyed and the lake is amazing! Once you turn on to forest service 70 rd though my gps said it was 1.3miles turn right that was not the case you have to keep going through a bunch of corners up the hill and it was probably closer to 8 miles to that right turn. Well worth the drive though. Will for sure go back some time soon

Icon_

5 Completed 5 Reviews

Nice wide and well maintained trail. $5 fee, there is a restroom at the trailhead. There are two separate lakes I noticed only a few hundred yards apart. They had a few campsites at at each lake as well which could be fun for a night or two. The trail follows the river most of the time so you get that nice relaxing sound as you hike through the woods.

Support